Author Topic: Epic Mickey - Wii Exclusive  (Read 161051 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Epic Mickey - Wii Exclusive
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2009, 06:27:12 PM »
Also that the story was about old characters getting revenge on Mickey.

A lot of people are speculating that the main villain could be Oswald the Rabbit.  For anyone that doesn't know, Oswald was Walt Disneys original creation that he made before Mickey Mouse.  Since he made it while working for Universal Studios, Universal owned the rights to the character.  It wasn't until 2006, that Disney would get the right to Oswald the Rabbit back from Universal.  They traded sportscaster Al Michaels to NBC, in order to get the rights to Oswald back. 

So considering how Disney really wanted Oswald back and he was Walt Disney's original creation before Mickey, I'd put good money on him being the final boss.  Hey maybe he'll merge together with Walt Disney's frozen head and become Giga Oswald the Walt Rabbit.  :o

I would buy this game 20x if this story is the intro to the game.

Game starts of with Walt Disney drawing Oswald and things are ok for a while then Walt leaves and Oswalt goes forgotten for decades locked in a vault over at "The Congolomerate"(NBC/Universal). After decades of stewing in hate from the success that Mickey has seen and vowing to exact his revenge to take back what should rightfully be his. Not  by chance Disney finally came looking for Oswalt (thanks to a clever scheme that he had been planning for years) which resulted in the first ever Toon for Human swap. Now that Oswald was free from "The Conglomerate" it was time for him to exact his revenge on Mickey Mouse and the Disney empire in which he felt he was the sole heir to the throne and the back on which the empire should have been built.

All of this goes down while Mickey was on a business trip/vacation and he returns to Disney to find it in the state that it's currently in and begins his quest to reclaim the Disney that we all know and love.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2009, 06:31:01 PM »
I have a feeling this game has potential to be a pretty big 3rd party success with the license.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2009, 06:32:24 PM »
Also that the story was about old characters getting revenge on Mickey.

A lot of people are speculating that the main villain could be Oswald the Rabbit.  For anyone that doesn't know, Oswald was Walt Disneys original creation that he made before Mickey Mouse.  Since he made it while working for Universal Studios, Universal owned the rights to the character.  It wasn't until 2006, that Disney would get the right to Oswald the Rabbit back from Universal.  They traded sportscaster Al Michaels to NBC, in order to get the rights to Oswald back. 

So considering how Disney really wanted Oswald back and he was Walt Disney's original creation before Mickey, I'd put good money on him being the final boss.  Hey maybe he'll merge together with Walt Disney's frozen head and become Giga Oswald the Walt Rabbit.  :o

I would buy this game 20x if this story is the intro to the game.

Game starts of with Walt Disney drawing Oswald and things are ok for a while then Walt leaves and Oswalt goes forgotten for decades locked in a vault over at "The Congolomerate"(NBC/Universal). After decades of stewing in hate from the success that Mickey has seen and vowing to exact his revenge to take back what should rightfully be his. Not  by chance Disney finally came looking for Oswalt (thanks to a clever scheme that he had been planning for years) which resulted in the first ever Toon for Human swap. Now that Oswald was free from "The Conglomerate" it was time for him to exact his revenge on Mickey Mouse and the Disney empire in which he felt he was the sole heir to the throne and the back on which the empire should have been built.

All of this goes down while Mickey was on a business trip/vacation and he returns to Disney to find it in the state that it's currently in and begins his quest to reclaim the Disney that we all know and love.
Wow nice story.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2009, 07:26:37 PM »
Wii sucks, it gets no 3rd party support.

srsly. And this game is one giant false advertisement; this game CAN'T be "epic" cuz:

a. It's not HD
b. It won't have blood.

pfft.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2009, 07:27:35 PM »

srsly. And this game is one giant false advertisement; this game CAN'T be "epic" cuz:

a. It's not HD
b. It won't have blood.

pfft.

And it won't even match the perfect Uncharted 2 coming out soon that is the most amazing game EVER in the universe.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2009, 07:28:50 PM »

a. It's not HD
b. It won't have blood.

pfft.

And it won't even match the perfect Uncharted 2 coming out soon that is the most amazing game EVER in the universe.

Nu uhh, not better than MGS4/GTA4 or Bioshock
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Dropkik

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2009, 07:30:03 PM »
I am so utterly flummoxed by this game.  On one hand Warren Spector is one of the game developers I respect the most, but I associate his name with Deus Ex.  Never in my life have I been so utterly confounded on how to feel about a game.  File me under "Intrigued"?
Dancing on the rain-slicked precipice of pretension

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2009, 08:08:38 PM »
And with that I am very interested in trying out one of Warren Spector's games.

Assuming your PC can run it--and if your rig was built within the past 10 years it probably can--you can get Deus Ex on Steam for $10.  Totally worth it.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2009, 08:27:27 PM »
Added to the OP

GameInformer Updates: http://gameinformer.com/mag/mickey.aspx
October 5th
Warren Spector and the Disney Collection - Feature
Warren Spector and the Disney Collection - HD Video Interview

October 9th
Coming Soon

October 12th
Coming Soon

October 15th
Coming Soon

October 19th
Coming Soon

October 23rd
Coming Soon

October 26th
Coming Soon

October 28th
Coming Soon

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2009, 08:40:25 PM »
Hmm nice interview. He has a nice personality.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2009, 08:42:21 PM »
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 08:49:56 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2009, 08:44:26 PM »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2009, 09:10:22 PM »
Added to the OP

GameInformer Updates: http://gameinformer.com/mag/mickey.aspx
October 5th
Warren Spector and the Disney Collection - Feature
Warren Spector and the Disney Collection - HD Video Interview

October 9th
Coming Soon

October 12th
Coming Soon

October 15th
Coming Soon

October 19th
Coming Soon

October 23rd
Coming Soon

October 26th
Coming Soon

October 28th
Coming Soon

Whut the 'ell, this really is some marketing gimmick between Disney Game Publisher and soon-to-be Disney Gaming Magazine.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2009, 10:11:49 PM »
Oswald the Rabbit spotted

Did you see him?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 10:38:48 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2009, 10:13:49 PM »
i thought it was roger.. oh well.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2009, 10:17:09 PM »
Wow, that does look like him.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2009, 10:30:17 PM »
Who is

The pic is a link. click it to know more
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 10:38:25 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2009, 10:43:34 PM »
Thanks for the link Black N Mild.
I do remember seeing him in Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Hmm I am gonna have to see if I can find some of Oswald's cartoons.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2009, 11:09:04 PM »
I've never played a Warren Spector game

You've never played Deus Ex? :|
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2009, 03:45:56 AM »
Hmm...I'm cautiously optimistic for this game.  I'm a longtime Disney nut, as Walt Disney himself has been a personal idol of mine since childhood (guy who came from nothing and built an empire through sheer determination, blood, and sweat).  The artwork also looks pretty awesome, though I get the feeling I'm going to miss this stuff not being in HD.  Where I am a little miffed about the game (and I know I'm going to be in a minority on this one) is that you play as Mickey Mouse, on of the most thoroughly bland characters ever created.  Yeah, I'm a Donald Duck person (I even own all his Disney Treasures tins).   ;)

And yes, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit being the main villain would be awesome.  You guys do know that Mickey was created in a moment of desperation after Universal bought Walt's animators in secret and took the Oswald characters away from him, right?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 03:48:55 AM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2009, 05:18:22 AM »
When I saw the thread title all I could think was "How and why are they making a game about some date rape drug in your drink?"

The game looks great though.  The idea of a this game is intriguing and I keep thinking of all the great Disney games that were made on the 16 bit systems.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2009, 05:55:19 AM »
Oswald the Rabbit spotted

Did you see him?

If this was Ubisoft I'd suspect BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2009, 08:12:53 AM »
Pretty excited about this, however I'm saddened because I feel this will bring my Kingdom Hearts 3 on Wii with Nintendo worlds dream into question.

I don't necessarily think Disney will throw two big video games at one platform.

However, Wii does have the massive user base now, so maybe I can still hope.

The only Warren Spector games I've played are the Wing Commanders and I love them.  Admittedly, I didn't even know they were Spector games until I read that wikipedia article.

Also, can we please cut out the canned troll responses that are essentially just their own version of trolling.  Nothing warranted those responses in this thread and I don't think they are funny anymore.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2009, 01:12:13 PM »
Well now it's been confirmed.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/first-epic-mickey-details-spilled

Epic Mickey is a tale about the 'forgotten' Disney stars: the rides, the characters, the lesser-known cartoons. When nobody any longer cares, they are cast into a dark void; a forgotten world of broken machines and bitter personalities - a bit like Sid's bedroom in Toy Story, but without the friendly furnishings.

This forgotten world is run by Oswald the Rabbit. He was Disney's first creation, made long before Mickey Mouse, and his jealousy of the newcomer has fermented for years. Now, finally, Oswald is ready for revenge.

He unleashes The Phantom Blot to wipe out Mickey and his cartoon world. The Blot pollutes the Disney universe with sticky black ink that makes colours run and fade (as seen on the Game Informer cover), so it's up to Mickey to restore peace and order. And this is where his tools come in.

Mickey has to draw and scribble his way through levels, mending broken bridges by applying the right colour paint or peering through walls after applying thinner. He can even clear rubble from his path by erasing parts of the world.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2009, 01:16:41 PM »
This is it.

Killur ahpp.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.