Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword  (Read 616851 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: New Wii Zelda
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2009, 03:34:01 AM »
That's not a bad idea Black N Mild. it would keep in Epona and it would retain the fantasy setting.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline NovaQ

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • dudeldopp
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2009, 08:42:19 AM »
Link can grab her by her neck and swing her around to break stuff... I see nothing wrong with that.

You got a point

Theory 1.b

OK, so Link will have a fishnet-stocking blade, then.

I've been trying to think how this person-weapon dynamic will work within the game. What kind of gameplay enhancements or challenges might it present? Maybe there will be a different little person for each main weapon in the game and Link will have to make sure they stay safe and accompany him through each dungeon. While that sounds Pikmin-like, for Zelda that seems... kinda dumb. It's all I can think of, though. Any other ideas?

The other possibility is that this sword-girl has no real affect on gameplay and is mostly a plot device to make sure Link has a vocal companion throughout the story. If this is the case, and it's all that was displayed in this early concept art, that suggests to me that the developers may not be changing the Zelda formula much at all. If gameplay comes before story, why would the team be focusing on story elements already unless the gameplay was pretty well locked in place?

It's possible that the art is the result purely of the design team, who may not yet be involved with any gameplay. If not, though, does anyone think that simply having new controls with the same OoT-esque formula will feel fresh enough? I'm not sure if it will (though the living watercolor visual style might be enough to persuade me otherwise).
I like to do drawings.
Blaarg
Wii: 7332 2646 9948 9927

Hello new job, goodbye life...

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2009, 03:56:51 PM »
Yeah a Pegesus!(sp?) that would be cool! And it could tie into the game play very well. Mid air battles! They loved to show us the horse back fighting in TP i'm sure they could do great things with mid air fights and bosses. That could add some freshness to the mix. But still its not enough.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2009, 04:40:12 PM »
the gameplay is pretty well locked into place its a zelda game.....you play as link who slashes, picks things up, rolls on occasion, spins, climbs, swims, etc.

right before every level you get a new weapon which will be pivotal fighting the boss, and during the level you'll either have to fight mini bosses, a series of enemies, or solve some puzzle(usually involving your new weapon) to get keys, eventually you'll get a compass, a map of the level, and the master key. You will then fight a boss. There will be a fetch quest which will be fun, a collect-a-thon which probably wont be, and a new thing (ww + Tp) which i enjoy the cave of destiny. Throughout the game there will be side quests that get you hearts, and increase your wallet size.

the only thing that changes in a zelda game are the weapons, which usually have some genius gameplay gimmick, and there will usually be another new main character that will alter game play slightly. Like Midna, Kafei, Zelda, The Masks.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2009, 02:24:33 AM »
So what do you guys think the storyline is going to be?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2009, 03:31:39 AM »
That is so funny Zap.
Seriously what do you guys think the storyline is going to be?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2009, 05:34:36 AM »
link saves the princess from ganon or some other evil force

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2009, 05:00:33 PM »
link saves the princess from ganon or some other evil force

You forgot the Spoiler Alert.   ;)
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2009, 10:43:03 PM »
Link needs to collect the remaining 11 Triforce pieces, except for the one he has that was left from his recently deceased older brother, and he has to save Zelda, but in the end he chooses the Master Sword over Zelda.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2009, 12:59:10 AM »
weird that such a giant phallus would be a female

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2009, 01:55:55 AM »
who said it was female
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2009, 02:13:15 AM »
Somebody needs to dig up all the crazy theories the NWR forums had about Twilight Princess. Paging Vudu.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2009, 07:49:44 AM »
My theory is her role is going to be a lot like Midna's was in Twilight Princess.
is your sanity...

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2009, 10:45:26 AM »
My theory (which i actually don't believe in) is she'll replace the fake navi as the on screen pointer and the reason Link doesnt have the master sword is because he won't need it; he'll have force powers which are relegated to waggle+
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2009, 11:56:57 AM »
No, he/she's likely the newest incarnation of the irritating Navi, and the embodiment of Miyamoto's "let the game play itself for lazy or non-gamers" system.

When it's apparent you/Link can't do anything right, she pops out of sword form and shows you what an idiot you are, completing the challenges for you.  Since Evil cannot touch himmer/shim, he/she would be invincible on all accounts.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2009, 12:52:17 PM »
No, he/she's likely the newest incarnation of the irritating Navi, and the embodiment of Miyamoto's "let the game play itself for lazy or non-gamers" system.
Non-casuals can still fail too. =(
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2009, 01:08:20 PM »
Then... you'll finally get to see a Zelda movie with voice acting in that regard.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2009, 02:24:39 PM »
Then... you'll finally get to see a Zelda movie with voice acting in that regard.

And in grand Nintendo tradition it would be some of the worst English VA you've ever heard in a video game (as evidenced by Star Fox Assault and Super Mario Sunshine).  If they do implement that, hopefully they'll outsource it like they did when they localized Baten Kaitos Origins because that turned out well.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2009, 02:27:03 PM »
Ugh...not again.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2009, 03:29:39 PM »
And in grand Nintendo tradition it would be some of the worst English VA you've ever heard in a video game (as evidenced by Star Fox Assault and Super Mario Sunshine).  If they do implement that, hopefully they'll outsource it like they did when they localized Baten Kaitos Origins because that turned out well.

The voice acting in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption was good.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2009, 04:08:56 PM »
While I'm sure that discussing Nintendos past voice acting is exciting it really isn't about the new Zelda game.

So this is likely to use Motion Plus. What Zelda weapons do you think would work well with Motion Plus? Any ideas on a new Zelda weapon that could use Motion+?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2009, 04:10:59 PM »
While I'm sure that discussing Nintendos past voice acting is exciting it really isn't about the new Zelda game.

So this is likely to use Motion Plus. What Zelda weapons do you think would work well with Motion Plus? Any ideas on a new Zelda weapon that could use Motion+?

Screw Lotion Puss, i want the top/spinning weapon back with balance board support!

lol not really but that'd be pretty awesome
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2009, 04:12:04 PM »
Retro is a western company.  Grand Nintendo Fashion means the chaps in Tokyo or Kyoto handled the matter.

Tho the voicing in Sunshine was arguably good since the game is kiddie like Mario Power Tennis.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2009, 04:35:53 PM »

Everything and anything; though I don't think it will be about the weapons, rather tools of adventure.
black fairy tales are better at sports