Author Topic: Super Mario Galaxy 2  (Read 189625 times)

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mario Galaxy 2
« Reply #775 on: August 30, 2013, 05:50:44 PM »
It has been years since I played the game, but I don't recall having any difficulty with the first level.

I kind of want to play through this game again. I'm not sure if this is a weird quirk or if anyone else has encountered this, but I seem to have trouble replaying games for which I already have a completed save. In other words, if I feel like replaying a certain game I always feel compelled to play through it from the beginning. I guess in the case of SMG2 that's no bad thing; it is an incredible game and was perhaps my favourite game of the last generation.

Seriously though, f*** that last level.  :@
Gouge away.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: August 30, 2013, 08:38:00 PM »
I didn't have any trouble with the first level either, it, however, was definitely more difficult than say Super Mario 3's first level. It had a boss for fucks sake.

But I'm slowly chugging throw it, playing a couple levels a day. This is classic Mario. One moment I'm swimming using a turtle shell, the next I'm running through different gravities.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: August 30, 2013, 10:54:07 PM »
Like a lot of people I was underwhelmed when this game was announced, but then it was so fucking good.

I'm hoping for a similar trajectory for Tropical Freeze.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: August 30, 2013, 10:57:18 PM »
Like a lot of people I was underwhelmed when this game was announced, but then it was so fucking good.

I'm hoping for a similar trajectory for Tropical Freeze.

This also happened with Super Mario 3D Land and again now (hopefully) with 3D World. People find it hard to get excited about another Nintendo sequel on the surface, but once they sink their teeth into them they remember how fantastic Nintendo is at doing these kinds of things.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: August 30, 2013, 11:48:15 PM »
I haven't finished Super Mario Galaxy 2. I don't really have a good reason for it either. It's not like my life is interesting or anything. I also haven't finished Xenoblade Chronicles or The Last Story.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: August 31, 2013, 03:23:50 AM »
I'm still yet to beat The Perfect Run to get that last 242nd star.

Some day, some day.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: August 31, 2013, 10:02:26 AM »
Quote from: Stogi link=topic=28383.msg808216#msg808216
And how gorgeous is this game? Seriously. It looks better than Uncharted 3.

lol

I actually pulled this game out again yesterday. I love this game, but I hate the lack if real overworld.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: August 31, 2013, 04:24:40 PM »
I haven't finished Super Mario Galaxy 2. I don't really have a good reason for it either. It's not like my life is interesting or anything. I also haven't finished Xenoblade Chronicles or The Last Story.

Same here, but add Pandora's Tower to the list of incomplete games. I haven't even opened Last Story or Pandora's Tower. I feel that I should finish Xenoblade first. I didn't even beat Bowser in Galaxy 2. I think the game is on eternal loan to my sister. She loved it to death. I should ask for it back. It is a game you can easily pick up and play for a short bit. Fits into a busy life's schedule better than an epic like Pandora, Last Story or Xenoblade.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: August 31, 2013, 07:37:11 PM »
My copy of Pandora's Tower still shrink wrapped and I bought it before the price dropped $10. I feel like I post about video games on NWR more than I actually play them. Granted, I post a lot while I'm at work thanks to the glory of smartphones, but still, it's kind of sad.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 02, 2013, 10:47:03 PM »
So I beat it the other day...well I found 120 stars. Now I'm wondering is the final level worth finding all the green stars?

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: September 03, 2013, 12:04:47 AM »
So I beat it the other day...well I found 120 stars. Now I'm wondering is the final level worth finding all the green stars?

The green stars are their own reward.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: September 03, 2013, 02:24:24 AM »

If you want to experience one of the most challenging levels in Mario history then yes it is.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #787 on: September 03, 2013, 08:21:45 AM »
I spoiled it for myself by watching a video of it. While certainly challenging, I have neither the time nor the patience to collect 120 more stars. Still, a fantastic game.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: September 03, 2013, 09:38:46 AM »
Personally, I rather enjoyed getting all the additional stars. If you're really into the Galaxy games (as I was) you'll probably appreciate how those challenges push the player to the limits. I also found it worthwhile just to experience the last challenge of the last level, which is undeniably brutal. I have, with time, resigned myself to the fact that I will never get that last star, but that damned level is permanently seared into my memory.
Gouge away.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: September 04, 2013, 05:16:11 PM »
I would have gotten the last star, but I played the whole game up to that point unaware that you were supposed to be feeding star bits into that bank, and there was no way I was going to mine in a Mario game.