Author Topic: Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver remakes on the way  (Read 142635 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver remakes on the way
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2009, 09:08:54 AM »
I thought it might have been a spam bot, but I figured better to be friendly and welcome a bot versus ignoring a real person with a funny name. People chased at least one person like that away at the DSi launch.

Whirl Islands must have been a Crystal feature, because it wasn't anywhere in Gold or Silver. Or my memory is failing me in my old age.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2009, 07:22:54 PM »
Or my memory is failing me in my old age.
Unfortunately that seems to be the case. The Whirl Islands are definitely in Silver/Gold because that's where you find Lugia.

It seems I have the opposite problem as you do, I remember things I'd rather forget.

Here are two ways to help identify a SpamBot:
1. The signature isn't actually a signature. Note that when you quote the post the signature appears too.
2. The link in the sig leads to a product (in this case a filtered water pitcher).

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2009, 02:18:06 AM »
As big of pokemon fan as I am, I just don't think these games are necessary. Fire Red and Leag Green, yeah, there was no legal way to get all the old pokemon before that. But now what? Unless Primeape can learn sucker punch, and Mach Punch, I don't want to see it!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2009, 02:40:16 AM »
The moveset will more than likely be the same from D/P/Pt since they'd both be considered "Gen IV."
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2009, 02:45:21 AM »
Well I meant from move tutors. Like In Platinum Primeape and Kindra can get Outrage.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2009, 05:42:26 PM »
Well, there's always hope.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2009, 06:11:30 PM »
People want to go back and play in Johto without the ancient graphics, that is why.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2009, 10:27:27 PM »
People want to go back and play in Johto without the ancient graphics, that is why.

What I never understood was why you couldn't go back to the older regions in the newer games like they allowed in G/S/C.

They even make allusions to older game characters in the new ones. It's like it's tempting and taunting you.
My Game Collection

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2009, 11:31:20 PM »
My only guess is maybe they wanted to have players focus on one region or they thought it would take too long to add.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2009, 12:06:48 AM »
They did it once, I don't see why they couldn't have done it again.

One of the things that frustrates me about the series is that at one point you typically are forced to grind in the wild. I prefer to fight other trainers instead of grass grinding. If they added the past region where you could keep battling trainers up until you faced the Elite 4 then I would be happier with the game.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2009, 12:16:27 AM »
Adding in the old territory would have left less room for new territory.
Plus they gotta give people a reason to buy the remakes.

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2009, 01:22:48 PM »
They did it once, I don't see why they couldn't have done it again.

One of the things that frustrates me about the series is that at one point you typically are forced to grind in the wild. I prefer to fight other trainers instead of grass grinding. If they added the past region where you could keep battling trainers up until you faced the Elite 4 then I would be happier with the game.

The original RBY series was the worst about this. Once you defeated every single trainer in the game, you could only face the E4. I restarted my files time after time because I hated just fighting wild Pokemon.

GSC fixed it a bit with the telephone system, which kind of carried over to at least Emerald. Diamond and Pearl have it right with the Rematch Checker. While it's annoying that you have to recharge it after using it, it's much better than the older games. Also, the series is pretty good about adding lots of content after you beat the E4. Now you can face your rival every weekend, or go do some other events.

I do hope Kanto is still in the remakes.
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

"So, Mike, no skydiving Grandma, huh? Man, they lead you up to something great, and then they just shoot it down. Stupid grandma-leaver-outers" - Tom Servo

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2009, 07:15:13 PM »
My thought about not adding the old regions is that Kanto and Johto shared a continent. So for R/S/E, going back to Johto would almost have to involve going back to Kanto, or some justification of why that's not possible.  But, with D/P/Pt, they could have done this, but probably didn't have the space because of all the extra **** they threw in, the events, battle frontier, etc.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2009, 11:21:03 PM »
My thought about not adding the old regions is that Kanto and Johto shared a continent. So for R/S/E, going back to Johto would almost have to involve going back to Kanto, or some justification of why that's not possible.  But, with D/P/Pt, they could have done this, but probably didn't have the space because of all the extra **** they threw in, the events, battle frontier, etc.

BS they couldn't fit it in. SD cards are huge. And what do you see in battles? Sprites that shake. They aren't even animated.

I still say they need to make a new Pokemon that only pulls from the old games. Give us a mixture of the different legendaries and mix up all of the previous starter Pokemon. Maybe add a few new ones as hidden secrets, but do we really need another Rattata or Pidgey clone?
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2009, 04:55:52 PM »
http://Http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=88890

Some more info on the title.

Seems that all of the Legendarys are returning from the Gold and Silver games. Mewtwo is back.

Latios and Latias are in the game at level 30.

I'm not familar with Eusine.It will be in the game. Who's that Pokemon?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2009, 05:30:26 PM »
Sure it's not Sucine the legendary water gerbil?

Hmm, I assumed it was a translation error. Apparently Eusine chases Suicine. He is a research scientist that chases the legendary gerbils.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 05:33:30 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2009, 06:42:36 PM »
Ah I see. Makes more sense than an Pokemon chasing another Pokemon.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2009, 07:08:45 PM »
Anyway. Does this have a release date for the states yet?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2009, 08:26:39 PM »
Hmm, I assumed it was a translation error. Apparently Eusine chases Suicine. He is a research scientist that chases the legendary gerbils.
That character was one of the bonuses added to Pokémon Crystal. So I guess that means the games will contain the added content from Crystal in addition to whatever else they're adding to these remakes.

GameFAQs says "TBA 2010". My guess would be the first quarter.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2009, 10:23:50 PM »
That character was one of the bonuses added to Pokémon Crystal. So I guess that means the games will contain the added content from Crystal in addition to whatever else they're adding to these remakes.

GameFAQs says "TBA 2010". My guess would be the first quarter.

GameFAQ release dates are not reliable, they are usually fan submitted and should be taken with a grain of salt.

If Eusine is in there, hopefully this means you can battle Suicune and catch it right away (I HATE having to chase the legendary dogs all over the map, at least Crystal let you capture 1 without chasing it).

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2009, 11:56:41 PM »
GameFAQ release dates are not reliable, they are usually fan submitted and should be taken with a grain of salt.
They seem pretty reliable to me, I don't recall seeing one which was wrong.
Besides, what's on GameFAQs isn't a release date, it is a TBA. In other words, it is just an educated guess based on the trends of the releases of the previous Pokémon games, most of which weren't released in the US until months after Japan. So 2010 seems like a pretty good bet to me.

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2009, 02:26:07 AM »
Early 2010 is probably a safe bet when the remakes will be released, especially if they're released in Japan this fall. Diamond and Pearl came out in April '07 and Platinum was March '09.

I hope you don't have to chase all three of the gerbils this time. At least you don't have to beat the game three different times with different starters to get them like in FireRed and LeafGreen.
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

"So, Mike, no skydiving Grandma, huh? Man, they lead you up to something great, and then they just shoot it down. Stupid grandma-leaver-outers" - Tom Servo

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2009, 01:43:35 PM »
Hey, NorthSea, I was just wondering where you've been. I haven't seen your around here much recently. Though it might also be that I still think of you with that penguin/bird/thing avatar you used to have.

I hope you don't have to chase all three of the gerbils this time. At least you don't have to beat the game three different times with different starters to get them like in FireRed and LeafGreen.

You had to chase the three 'spirit' legendaries in D/P/Pt so I'm sure the gerbil chasing will return as well. I never successfully caught them. Though I have a number of cloned master balls from Emerald I can transfer to help make the job easier.

I remember doing the 'starter collecting' when I had the original Blue. My sister had Red and she decided to start her game over so she gave me all of her important Pokemon and let me restart the game a number of times to get and trade off a bunch of the starters before she started her new game for reals.

On a random and different note, I still have on of her old Pokemon and it is the oldest one from all our games. It is a Charizard. I think it lives on the Pokemon Stadium game cart or my Gold cart. I almost wish that Pokemon got stronger as they aged in real life. Imagine if you could pull out your old 'experienced' monsters and whale on new trainers today.
My Game Collection

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2009, 05:05:50 PM »
Hey, NorthSea, I was just wondering where you've been. I haven't seen your around here much recently. Though it might also be that I still think of you with that penguin/bird/thing avatar you used to have.

Yeah, I took a few weeks off since life was a bit hectic. Haven't had much time for gaming except for weekends. I'll be posting more often, though. I still have those Pokemon in a box you asked for awhile ago. If you ever want them, or any others, let me know! Also, the avatar was Puck from Animal Crossing. He lives in my village, so I decided to play as him.

You had to chase the three 'spirit' legendaries in D/P/Pt so I'm sure the gerbil chasing will return as well. I never successfully caught them. Though I have a number of cloned master balls from Emerald I can transfer to help make the job easier.

It's not so hard when you know the trick, it's just time consuming. The most annoying one to catch was Cresselia, since you have to randomly catch her in a body of water.

I remember doing the 'starter collecting' when I had the original Blue. My sister had Red and she decided to start her game over so she gave me all of her important Pokemon and let me restart the game a number of times to get and trade off a bunch of the starters before she started her new game for reals.

On a random and different note, I still have on of her old Pokemon and it is the oldest one from all our games. It is a Charizard. I think it lives on the Pokemon Stadium game cart or my Gold cart. I almost wish that Pokemon got stronger as they aged in real life. Imagine if you could pull out your old 'experienced' monsters and whale on new trainers today.

Yeah, I did the starter collecting stuff when I had red and blue. It's easier to get through the game with Charizard, Blastoise, and Venusaur on your team.

I also like your idea about Pokemon aging, though I'm not sure how it would work with the leveling system. Maybe age will somehow be factored in for a future release. Maybe each time you imported your pokemon from a previous generation, they got a bump in stats.
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2009, 08:01:49 PM »
I still want them, I just don't have access to a Wi-Fi spot that has low enough security for the DS to work. When I get a place of my own again (when I get a better job, again...) I'll be able to do it. I'm supposed to get a call Monday about an awesome job so I hope it works out. The place also owns some apartments so I might be able to get a nice deal there in the near future.

IV boost for older monsters, maybe? I'm no IV trainer, but I've read about it.
My Game Collection