Author Topic: Mafia Thread  (Read 4680 times)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Mafia Thread
« on: January 14, 2009, 10:19:43 AM »
I want to ask the moderators if a new forum can be created like the Funhouse thread that collects all the Mafia threads in one location.

The Mafia games played at NWR have become a huge part of the NWR culture.  Many discussions have been made about the game, and over 30 games played and counting it seems a new forum would be a great way to keep NWR organized.

It would be allow us to have a sticky-ed rules thread with the most general Mafa rules and roles for new players and old players to have a resource on roles and rules for the game. 

Khushrenada's Mafia Hall of Fame could be sticky-ed as well to be a one stop index for the new forum...yes I know it would have to be edited but it would be a labor of love for Khush. 

I know it will be a lot of work to move each individual thread over, but I do believe it is something most people on the boards would appreciate both those that play Mafia and those that do not.

Spak

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 10:40:30 AM »
Second.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 10:55:26 AM »
Uhmm... this should be fairly possible.  Let's not force it in in the middle of the current game, but I will definitely look into it for the next one.

I wonder if I could even keep all non participants from posting (though they could still view).
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 11:13:49 AM »
Thirdeded
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 11:15:25 AM »
Pale you probably could.

One thing that it will free up also is the Funhouse for its original intent...I love Mafia, but I would be frustrated if I wasn't playing Mafia and the entire forum was completely covered up front page from Mafia....which happens pretty regularly.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 11:19:41 AM »
Fourthed (in agreement with the camels)

I would probably have to provide a special set of rules for Mario Kart Mafia, but i'd still ike a sub-forum for this.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 11:20:57 AM »
Fifthed
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 12:21:59 PM »
One thing that it will free up also is the Funhouse for its original intent...I love Mafia, but I would be frustrated if I wasn't playing Mafia and the entire forum was completely covered up front page from Mafia....which happens pretty regularly.

Indeed.  Sixthed.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 02:29:41 PM »
I guess I'm the single nay-sayer here.  I don't like the idea of creating separate forums for such highly-specialized topics.

If you do it for Mafia you might as well have a new Animal Crossing Trading forum.  And let's add a new forum to discuss Nintendo's next console as well as one to discuss older consoles.  Ooh!  Or how about a new forum for non-games so we don't have those clogging up the other forums.

If you start adding new specialty-forums it sets a president for it in the future.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 03:50:14 PM »
There's already a precedent.  Smash Bros. threads were taking up too much space in the Nintendo Console Discussion forum, so they were moved to a new forum.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 04:11:42 PM »
I hope I can be elected president for it in the future. ;)

But seriously, I'll probably lock it down completely in between games.  I do think the funhouse becomes a mess during them.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 04:12:47 PM »
Vudu the difference is each Mafia game takes several threads one for each day...which means a week of mafia takes a whole lot of space for normal Funhouse viewing.

Plus, People enjoy researching behavior from past Mafia's and discussing all things Mafia.  With over 30 mafia games played we have more than 100 individual mafia threads in the funhouse alone. 

This isn't like discussing a single game which would have only one topic, or even a game that would have several topics...but NWR did decide to create its own forum for a single game with Brawl...why because the dicussion was so large it needed to be separated out.  I believe the same is true with mafia. 

And as I stated before a nice stickied Mafia Rules and Roles thread would be fun, and a stickied index would make searching and reading much easier...and that index with the hall of fame already exists. 

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2009, 05:10:21 PM »
This isn't like discussing a single game which would have only one topic, or even a game that would have several topics...but NWR did decide to create its own forum for a single game with Brawl...why because the dicussion was so large it needed to be separated out.  I believe the same is true with mafia.

True, but then they killed the forum and combined the threads with the main Nintendo Console forum.  Why?  Because none of the threads were being used anymore.  There's generally only two or three mafia threads that are active at any given time (the current day, the dead thread, and maybe the sign-up/rules/roles thread).  All the others die a quick death once they are no longer relevant.  (When's the last time someone posted in the Mafia XVI thread?)

Why have a separate forum for 2 or 3 (or even 5 or 6) active threads?!
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2009, 07:13:41 PM »
Why? because then I can give mod rights to the host and it keeps the clutter out!

It's done.
---------------------

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 07:50:00 PM »
Oh, so this is what started it all. I'm not sure you really have to find and move all the mafia threads over. With the hall of fame, pretty much everything is linked and posted.

Also, request to be a permenant moderator of the mafia forum. For once, you can trust me with mod powers.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 07:52:43 PM »
You tell him Pale!

Best. Community Manager. Ever
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009, 01:24:22 AM »
Oh no Pale. What have you done? WHAT have you DONE?!?!?!

... &P
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 03:33:51 AM »
Oh, so this is what started it all. I'm not sure you really have to find and move all the mafia threads over. With the hall of fame, pretty much everything is linked and posted.

Also, request to be a permenant moderator of the mafia forum. For once, you can trust me with mod powers.

Seconded.