Author Topic: Foolish Hylians...  (Read 2567 times)

Offline rodtod

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Foolish Hylians...
« on: April 03, 2003, 12:44:02 PM »
Just wondering, if the Light Arrows are the ultimate weapon against evil, why doesn't all of Hyrule equip its soldiers with them? Just imagine, a squad of Light Arrow marksmen. Ganondorf wouldn't stand a chance.

So, can only one person wield the Light Arrows at a time? Makes no sense...
will the real rodtod please stand up, please stand up, please stand u-[SMACK!]

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Foolish Hylians...
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2003, 01:03:18 PM »
The Light Arrows are like the Master Sword- only the true hero can wield them that hero being Link. While it'd be nice for the inhabitants of Hyrule to all equip Light Arrows, such is not possible. Besides, magic power is required and very few people possess magic power.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
Foolish Hylians...
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2003, 04:23:27 PM »
Accually the Light Arrow is only able to stun Gannon. The only weapon that worked against Gannon was the Master Sword, or the Sword of evil's bane. Because when you used it in each game it wasn't the arrows that hurt him it was the sword.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline enigma487

• Scalar, The Destructor!
    • View Profile
Foolish Hylians...
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2003, 05:42:23 AM »
actually, in A Link to the Past, you had to hit Gannon with you sword to stun him, then with the light arrows to actually do the damage.  which i believe was also the case in the original nes version, and OoT.  but my memories of those games aren't as vivid of those, as i've beaten LttP too many times to count.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Foolish Hylians...
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2003, 05:53:19 AM »
wnigma: Except that those were the Silver arrows. I believe Link used the Silver Arrows to finally defeat Ganon in every Zelda game except for Ocarina of Time and now Wind Waker, where he used the  Light Arrows to stun Ganon and used the Master Sword to kill him.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline theaveng

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Foolish Hylians...
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2003, 09:18:48 AM »
Zelda used the light arrows, not Link in WW.  In both Ocarina and WW, the master sword was worthless unless Ganandorf was stunned, and the way he was stunned was with the light arrows.

BTW, I put on my Mask to view Ganandorf's health bar.... he has none!  

Troy

Offline Chasefox

• View Profile
Foolish Hylians...
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2003, 09:51:42 AM »
Maybe only people with Triforce powers can use light arrows.  Just a thought.  I haven't played WW yet, but I'm planning on getting is soon.
Wii #: 5265 0575 1339 3836<BR><BR>Guitar Hero #:  <BR>4553-8748-6319<BR><BR>PM me if you add my #

Offline rodtod

• View Profile
Foolish Hylians...
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2003, 01:56:26 PM »
Chasefox, that might be the case, since both Zelda and Link have been able to use Light Arrows.

Was playing through Master Quest a couple days ago, at the part where Link first meets Princess Zelda as a kid. If you'll remember the whole conversation they had, where Zelda told link of her prophetic dream, etc., Zelda tells Link that the reason no one (including the King) suspected Ganondorf was up to no good when he first came to Hyrule, was because the kingdom had just spent several decades of peace.

Furthermore, remember in OoT when the newborn Deku tree tells Link about the old war that ravaged Hyrule? Surely a lot of Hylians were killed in that war.

So, there are three possibilities I can think of as to why Hyrule's soldiers do not wield Light Arrows: it might be exclusive to those who bear a piece of the Triforce (as Chasefox suggested), Hyrule might have been disarming itself because of the seemingly peaceful time, and/or most of Hyrule's skilled fighters, or at least any mentors who could instruct in the art of combat, were dead.

Still, it would have been really cool to have a bunch of elite Light Arrow marksmen. Maybe in the next Zelda...
will the real rodtod please stand up, please stand up, please stand u-[SMACK!]