Author Topic: Monster Hunter Thwii  (Read 155512 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Monster Hunter Thwii
« Reply #775 on: August 28, 2010, 06:39:49 PM »
So I beat Ceadus today. I used LR Rathlos armor. I gemmed in Attack up High and Critical +2. I used my thunder lance versus it and it worked well. I just made a LR lagiacrus armor set which should work better with the thunder lance. I gemmed in Constitution+1 at the moment. The armor has elemental attack up so it should work well with long swords as well.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: August 28, 2010, 07:52:11 PM »
You used low rank armour? Why did you do that? Did you want a challenge or something?

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: August 28, 2010, 10:05:12 PM »
Maxi was going for highest potential damage rather than protection. If you're good at reading attacks & dodging such a tactic can work. Can see him doing that since he owns a Rathalos set which is kinda used just like that.
Mission...complete?

Offline NeoStar9X

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: August 28, 2010, 10:08:02 PM »
I think I'm going have to start over again. Been away from this game to long I think to simply pick it back up and continue from where I was at. Though I recently started playing Metroid Prime 3 again and picked up from where I left off but MP3 is easier to play control wise then MHTrii.  I guess I could simply mess around without any mission to get the feel of the game again. Here's hoping it works. I keep getting distracted by so many new games at the time. With Metroid Other M coming and me buying The Witcher: Enhanced Edition I don't think I'm ever going to finish Tri.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #779 on: August 28, 2010, 10:19:04 PM »
You used low rank armour? Why did you do that? Did you want a challenge or something?

As GK mentioned I was going for highest damage potental. I also brought my ArmorTalon and Armorcharm so I could take a few more hits.I had the Rathlos armor upgraded up to 6 I think. Also I didn't think my high rank armor had good skills to fight Ceadus properly. Besides I had a lance most of Ceadus attacks can be blocked.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: August 28, 2010, 10:40:34 PM »
I think I'm going have to start over again. Been away from this game to long I think to simply pick it back up and continue from where I was at.
I don't think there is much reason to start over. You can replay every quest over and over and over again, and given how much grinding this game requires, starting from the beginning is a waste of all that previous effort. It would be nice to play with a new face though, if you like to play online.

As GK mentioned I was going for highest damage potential.
If you used your high-rank Rathalos set, you could've had Critical Eye +3 and Mind's Eye, which would keep your lance from bouncing off the horns.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #781 on: August 28, 2010, 10:49:51 PM »
Hmm I might consider it next time Mop it up. I kinda need to work on upgrading my LR Lagi armor.

Maybe I'll try that LR Rathlos armor set with a Hammer or maybe a Great Sword. I just made the Iron Impact hammer today and it could work well with Attack up L.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: August 29, 2010, 06:11:37 AM »
I'm excited to have Mind's eye because now my sword won't bounce off of monsters like Uragaan and Agnaktor's cooled-off body.

NeoStar, playing online has certainly helped keep Tri at the forefront of my playing attention. I have a ton of other games I've not even touched (curse you B2G1F deals!!!) and the only game to tear me away from Tri substantially is StarCraft 2 and "Work". Join us some night. We meet for sure every Tuesday and often times other nights of the week as well. PS- Don't restart your game. Too much of a waste. Just pick up where you left off and stumble around for a bit. It'll come back to you.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: August 29, 2010, 05:42:45 PM »
Mind's Eye is a lot of fun. Just be sure to bring a lot of whetties, because it will tear a blade to shreds. If you want to use your Jaggi Mask, which would replace the helm and put you at a couple skill points under, there is a decoration you could forge to put in one of your slots. I'd recommend it, so you can use the mask and not lose the skill.

Offline NeoStar9X

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 01, 2010, 01:31:32 AM »
Yeah restarting did seem a bit extreme. Not going to do that after all. Though will take a while to get back into the grove of things. Will have time now as I decided against Metroid Other M at the last moment to save money for another game I really wanted more. Metroid Prime 3 still needs to be finished anyway. I need to stick to not buying new games until I put more of a dent in the games I have now.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #785 on: September 27, 2010, 05:00:23 AM »
Well I think I just saw the best Monster Hunter Tri video.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bO7doZu9p1U

Its wild. A Japan player is fighting Alatreon with the Ala Great Sword. However the hunter isn't wearing any armor. It is 3 parts.Oh the hunter is soloing it.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: September 27, 2010, 02:13:38 PM »
Well I think I just saw the best Monster Hunter Tri video.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bO7doZu9p1U

Its wild. A Japan player is fighting Alatreon with the Ala Great Sword. However the hunter isn't wearing any armor. It is 3 parts.Oh the hunter is soloing it.

Show off!

So jealous...

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: September 27, 2010, 02:43:24 PM »
Once saw a vid of a guy doing that with a Deviljho hammer but he was at least wearing armor...
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #788 on: September 27, 2010, 05:45:39 PM »
You know what amazes me about the fight is the positioning of the hunter to pull off the Level 3 charges. Also the discipline to not constantly attack and just take what Alatreon is giving you. It was very methodical.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: September 27, 2010, 06:01:19 PM »
I don't want to watch videos of people I've never heard of doing this stuff, I want to see you, first-hand, do this, Maxi.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #790 on: September 27, 2010, 06:30:57 PM »
First of all I'm not that experenced with the great sword.Second of all I think I have beat Alatreon 4 times.I don't have a way to record the fight. Maybe I can solo Deviljho. I do have a good lance set up now.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: September 27, 2010, 06:58:51 PM »
I don't want you to make a video, I said I want to witness it first-hand. So I would join you on the quest, but just to spectate, not to help out.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: October 18, 2010, 09:18:39 PM »
Has this game been successful enough for Capcom to further the series on the Wii? If so, could we see a new title soon? I would not mind seeing a port of MH Portable third for the Wii or 3DS.

Would Monster Hunter Frontier be possible on the Wii?

I had an idea for a good multiplayer matched called "Lords of the Sea." This match would consist of four to six players venturing into the open ocean on a hunting vessel to hunt the four dominant sea monsters of the MH universe. These sea monsters would consist of a Megalodon, Livyatan melvillei, Predator X and a creature similar to the Kraken.

The ship used to hunt these creatures would be armed with dual torpedo launchers, two three-barreled cannons, two gatlin guns and various giant spears on the front and side of the vessal. A depth charge launcher.

What do you think?
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: October 19, 2010, 03:52:28 AM »
I think that any new Hunter games will be on the 3DS. A new Wii game would be better suited for the SuperUltraNintendoWii2H3DEntertainmentGameSystemCube64
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast