Author Topic: Zelda: Wind Waker Screen Saver  (Read 10726 times)

Offline Sean

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Zelda: Wind Waker Screen Saver
« on: March 22, 2003, 04:57:23 PM »
Wind Waker Official Site

The above link will take you to the official Zelda site, and you can download a beautiful little screensaver there.  It's just incredible.  I downloaded it and left the sound on, and I've so far been startled by it thrice.  The first time I could've sworn a bird was around the corner, but it was a gull on the screen, flying across, calling out.  

Later, I was downstairs watching television when I heard *SSSSSssssssssssSSSSSSS[crack]SSSSssssssss[rumble]SSSSSS* and ran upstairs thinking somehow I'd left a TV on or something only to find that the main island in Wind Waker was shrouded in a stormy night, just like Snoopy would've written.  (Sorry--it was there.)

This last time, an animated pig wielding a burning staff ambled by, and it was only after I saw the pile of dung in my room that I realized it had nothing to do with the screensaver itself.  It was just a pig.  With a staff.

Anyway, the point is, this screensaver is just another reminder of the craft and joy that is injected into games like Zelda.  The screensaver itself has all sorts of Animal Crossing-esque surprises that you'll just happen upon as I did.  It's mesmerizing.  Sometimes I just sit and look at it for hours.  Dreamy.
"I think that if the devil does not exist,
and man has therefore created him,
he has created him in his own image and likeness."
from Fyodor Dostoevsky's THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2003, 05:03:22 PM »
 Have you noticed the rising sun song in the screensaver or the falling sun with a redish sky?

Offline Sean

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2003, 05:18:25 PM »
YES!  Isn't that freaking awesome?  It even has the sunrise music from Ocarina.  Just wow.  Hahaha...

A screensaver can't be this neat.
"I think that if the devil does not exist,
and man has therefore created him,
he has created him in his own image and likeness."
from Fyodor Dostoevsky's THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2003, 05:38:47 PM »
I HATE screensavers...  especially ones with sound.

I love this screensaver though.  I just downloaded it, and watched it for like 5 minutes... then I wanted to use my computer.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline DevilishDude

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2003, 01:49:53 AM »
The audio wont work on my computer for some reason :/  
:: My name Smeedle
:: Tingle, Tingle... Koolah Limpah! These are the magic words Tingle created himself. Don't steal them!

:: Homestar Runner Quote Of The Week:
:: Ow! My Stomach Lining

Offline Grimlock

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2003, 08:51:50 PM »
This is definitely right up there with the best screensavers I've ever seen.  The only other one as cool as this one that I can recall is a Matrix one where you input your name before you start it up and it proceeds to output the same text to the screen as in the movie when they first contact Neo, such as "Follow the White Rabbit", etc., except your name replaces "Neo" in each instance.  Then it goes to a screen with all of those weird encrypted characters phasing in and out of the screen--you can even see the letters of your name in it!  It's really neat, trust me.
Why you call me, Grimlock, stupid?  Me not stupid!

--from the Transformers G1 episode "Grimlock's New Brain", where he gets really smart and creates the Technobots

Offline TOY

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2003, 08:03:37 AM »
Hey DevilishDude, open the screensaver properties and click the settings button, the sound is probably turned off.

TOY