Author Topic: Activision Reveals More of Guitar Hero III's Soundtrack  (Read 4845 times)

Offline AzureNightmare

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
Activision Reveals More of Guitar Hero III's Soundtrack
« on: August 02, 2007, 08:39:31 AM »
Classic songs from the likes of ZZ Top, Black Sabbath, and Red Hot Chili Peppers join the extensive soundtrack of Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=14147

GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK CRANKS IT UP,  BLARING 11 NEW TRACKS TO THE SET LIST    

Master Tracks from AFI, Iron Maiden, Queens of the Stone Age,  Red Hot Chili Peppers, Slayer and the Strokes Added to Playlist    

SUNNYVALE, CA - August 2, 2007 - Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) announced today 11 new songs for Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock, the next installment in the #1 best-selling music and rhythm based game franchise, including master tracks from rockers AFI, Iron Maiden, Queens of the Stone Age, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Slayer and the Strokes.   The 11 additional tracks include:    

·    Miss Murder (by AFI)  ·    Through Fire and Flames (by Dragonforce)  ·    Number of the Beast (by Iron Maiden)  ·    3's and 7's (by Queens of the Stone Age)  ·    Suck My Kiss (by Red Hot Chili Peppers)  ·    Raining Blood (by Slayer)  ·    Reptillia (by The Strokes)  ·    Paranoid (as made famous by Black Sabbath)  ·    Cities on Flame (as made famous by Blue   Oyster Cult)  ·    Mississippi Queen (as made famous by Mountain)  ·    La Grange (as made famous by ZZ Top)    

"Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock features the most comprehensive song list ever assembled for a game," said Tim Riley, Activision's worldwide executive of music.  "Artists and music execs from the major and independent record labels and publishers respect the brand and have given us unrivaled access to their music vaults allowing us to give gamers what they want - to grab their Gibson guitars and shred to their favorite music."    

In fact, real rock stars like Jade Puget, guitarist for AFI, a band featured in the game is anticipating the upcoming release of the Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock and wants fans to know that "if you're going to start playing Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock, make sure you have, say, the next 2 years free, because that's all you're going to want to do."    

In addition to the newly announced tracks, Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock's previously announced tracks include:    

·    Slash's Original Boss Battle Recording  ·    Welcome to The Jungle (by Guns N' Roses)  ·    Paint It Black (by The Rolling Stones)  ·    Cherub Rock (by Smashing Pumpkins)  ·    Sabotage (by Beastie Boys)  ·    The Metal (by Tenacious D)  ·    My Name is Jonas (by Weezer)  ·    Knights of Cydonia (by Muse)  ·    Even Flow (by Pearl Jam)  ·    Lay Down (by Priestess)  ·    Cult of Personality (by Living Colour)  ·    Rock and Roll All Nite (as made famous by Kiss)  ·    School's Out (as made famous by Alice Cooper)  ·    Rock You Like a Hurricane (as made famous by Scorpions)  ·    Slow Ride (as made famous by Foghat)  ·    Barracuda (as made famous by Heart)    

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock will include explosive new content and features including a multiplayer action-inspired battle mode, grueling boss battles, a host of exclusive unlockable content and visually stunning rock venues.  Expanded online multiplayer game modes will also allow axe-shredders worldwide to compete head-to-head for true legendary rock status.  While continuing to retain all the key features from their prior legendary performances, fresh downloadable content will be offered on multiple platforms, and players can now shred to a killer set list from many of the most popular rock songs ever recorded.    

For the first time ever, Guitar Hero fans will also be able to thrash and burn with new wireless guitar controllers available for each platform, including exclusive Gibson Guitar's Les Paul model for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Wii home video game system from Nintendo, and PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system.  PlayStation 2 gamers will also get to shred on a new exclusive shape, Gibson's Kramer guitar, popularized by hard rockers and known for its body design, pickups, electronics and construction for furious finger fretting.    

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock, published by RedOctane and developed by Neversoft, is not yet rated by the ESRB and will be available this October.  For more information about the Guitar Hero franchise, please visit the dedicated community site: www.guitarhero.com.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
RE: Activision Reveals More of Guitar Hero III's Soundtrack
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 09:59:03 AM »
oh Reptila is fun to play on a real guitar but i'm not sure if that will translate well into the game.

AFI has so many better songs they could of used from some of their older albums with much better guitar work than on Miss Murder (album and title track)

plus i wonder which version of Miss Murder they'll use; original or the single version with the alternate chorus replacing the breakdown.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE:Activision Reveals More of Guitar Hero III's Soundtrack
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 10:25:26 AM »

Originally posted by: EasyCure
AFI has so many better songs they could of used from some of their older albums with much better guitar work than on Miss Murder (album and title track)
If it ain't on Very Proud of Ya I don't care.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 11:37:36 AM »
I tried getting into AFI because I really like their music, but the singer's voice just grates on my ears so much.  He sounds just like the singers for New Found Glory and Good Charlotte.  I can't stand the super whiny quality to his voice.

Anyway, is there a reason they're completely ignoring female artists or bands with female lead singers?
Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649

Offline pSYCO-gAMER321

• my giant image signature is still kewl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 11:47:05 AM »
Love all except AFI. Better songs than that! <,<
This account is over 5 years old.  o.o
FC(JPN): 2781-3170-5058-4631
FC(USA): 4793-8665-4989-8838
SSBB(JPN) 3351-3351-3953

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 11:56:56 AM »

Originally posted by: matt oz
I tried getting into AFI because I really like their music, but the singer's voice just grates on my ears so much.  He sounds just like the singers for New Found Glory and Good Charlotte.  I can't stand the super whiny quality to his voice.

Anyway, is there a reason they're completely ignoring female artists or bands with female lead singers?

Yeah their sound started to decline when he went from screaming to actually singing.

now when he does scream he does it like a “hardcore” band (see: Screamo)
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Majora

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 12:27:58 PM »

The Red Hot Chili Peppers track is an awesome inclusion, great song!!

Also, La Grange.... and I bet Number of the Beast will be fun. Awesome!!

Sadler, you're small time.

Offline Tigris Altaica

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 01:57:38 PM »
That Dragonforce song is going to be weird to play. Yay paranoid!

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 04:52:48 PM »

No-one cares about female lead singers.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 05:33:29 AM »

Originally posted by: Dasmos

Yeah, you're right.  People like Debbie Harry, Chrissie Hynde, Tina Turner, Grace Slick, those chicks from Heart, Pat Benetar, Courtney Love, Shirley Manson, Kim Gordon, Karen O, and many, many others never contributed anything to rock music.

Although I'm a fan of many of the bands that are already in the soundtrack, it could only be better for Activision to include songs "as made famous by" female guitarists or lead singers.  I can't be the only 20-something male video game fan whose music library consists of a decent percentage of female artists (for me about 40%, last I checked).

The game is called Legends of Rock, and I would definitely include half those names listed above as legends.  They're nearly all in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, besides.  
Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 08:03:15 AM »
The first two GH games had songs with female singers and/or guitarists.  I'm sure GH3 will as well.  It's simply a fact that women are a minority in rock music, so there's no way the song list is going to be crammed full of them.  But they will be represented.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 08:18:25 PM »

Originally posted by: Tigris Altaica
That Dragonforce song is going to be weird to play. Yay paranoid!

More like insane

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 12:37:00 AM »
that old custom song from youtube? its 3-4months old
isnt from gh3 :P

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 03:20:26 AM »

Originally posted by: Dasmos

Yeah, you're right.  People like Debbie Harry, Chrissie Hynde, Tina Turner, Grace Slick, those chicks from Heart, Pat Benetar, Courtney Love, Shirley Manson, Kim Gordon, Karen O, and many, many others never contributed anything to rock music.
I agree.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).