Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3174437 times)

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my pokĂ©-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE:The OFFICIAL Wii rumor thread *bring your own salt*(updated 7/25/2006)
« Reply #125 on: July 26, 2006, 07:17:30 AM »

Originally posted by: BlackNMild2k1
don't patents last for about 10 or so years?

They'll wiggle around them.

MS and Sony are skilled at ripping off their competition and repackaging it as their own. It's how they survive at all.

I'd love to think that Nintendo's patents could defend the virtue of the Wiimote, but I've seen the rip-off happen so many times that I'm just not that optimistic.

Though, if Nintendo captures the market this gen, they'll very likely do so again next gen so long as they don't completely goof up their chances like Sony is doing right now.  
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: The OFFICIAL Wii rumor thread *bring your own salt*(updated 7/25/2006)
« Reply #126 on: July 26, 2006, 07:27:28 AM »
KDR Your brilliant.  The Wiimote can be a trade secret.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 26, 2006, 07:55:37 AM »
A secret blend of 11 herbs and spices makes the Wiimote delicious

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2006, 05:40:44 AM »
I think the DS release dates hidden Wii launch information should be placed in here for rumor.

I think we have all heard about this hidden message...so the question is does the message exist.  And even if it doesn't exist there is more fuel for an October release as early as October 2nd...with even Matt from IGN jumping on board with his blog.

So what are your thoughts is it plausible for the Wii to release in October?  How early in October?

Matt brought up the comparison to Apple, and it seems logical.  Though I would like to add that Nintendo won't be at TGS...not even speaking.  So that September Wii announcement is probably going to be BEFORE the TGS, which would give Nintendo hype to destroy the PS3 TGS information.  Specially, if a nice release date is in October.

Nintendo has said numerious times it is better to have just a month of commercials and hype to build up to launch.

What do you guys think?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 27, 2006, 08:20:46 AM »

The fourth quarter of 2006 will herald a new era for Nintendo with the launch of its remarkable new Wii™ home video game system. But that's not what this news item is about! How could that be, you ask? Perhaps the secret to the launch information for Wii is somehow encoded in the text of this news item. You might want to pore over it for a few hours before staying up all night to debate phraseology and comma placement with your friends online. Or maybe it's all just a scam to get you to read the other games we have launching this fall. One of the two.

As the weather cools down, the Nintendo portable game offerings heat up. FINAL FANTASY® V ADVANCE makes its way to Game Boy® Advance SP on Nov. 6. As series go, FINAL FANTASY is to video games what James Bond is to movies. FINAL FANTASY loyalists will enjoy an opportunity to debate which installment was best.

Nintendo DS™ owners are the big winners. Every week or so, another huge DS title hits, from the Touch Generations title Clubhouse Games™ to fan favorites like Elite Beat Agents™ and Yoshi's Island™ 2. Clearly a gamer's idea of paradise, here is Nintendo's upcoming DS lineup:

Oct. 2: Wii could release here
Oct. 9: Clubhouse Games™
Oct. 16: Nintendogs™ (Dalmatian)
Oct. 23: Magical Starsign™
Oct. 30: Pokemon® Ranger
Oct. 30: Children of Mana®
Nov. 6: Elite Beat Agents™
Nov. 13: Yoshi's Island™ 2
Nov. 20: Wii won't release after PS3
Nov. 27: This is waaay too late for Wii to release
Dec. 4: Custom Robo™ Arena
Dec. 4: Kirby™ Squeak Squad

And, for Nintendo GameCube™ owners, The Legend of Zelda®: Twilight Princess will be available for you this fall. An enhanced version also will be a launch title for Wii. That will all happen on ... Oh look, we're out of space.

I've seen all kinds of speculation, but the one I like the most is the one that takes the last sentence and twist it into meaning that Nintendo is going to have a Spaceworld this year.

also this one: Wii = WII = VVII when looked at as Roman numerals = 5 + 5 & 1 + 1 =  10 & 2 = 10/2 = October 2nd
Which means Wii will launch on October 2nd.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 27, 2006, 11:21:01 AM »
Oct. 2nd would absolutely rule for a Wii launch. I'm not holding my breath, but it would RULE.

It would be absolutely too perfect, and while I kind of expect Nintendo to botch it and release it in the shadow of the PS3 or something, they've done so much else right recently that I can't help but consider it a possibility.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #131 on: July 27, 2006, 12:03:08 PM »
Well, Nintendo could easily talk to developers and launch in October with 3-4 of their first party games ready, and tell 3rd parties that if they can get their games ready, that October would be great.

But if they want more time,

We will be launching new games around November and have a huge media campaign then, and they would love their games to be apart of it.  (Read free advertising, and launch hype still before PS3.)

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 27, 2006, 12:32:12 PM »
The two wave approach would be great for us here.  It really consider how close the games that are really launch titles are.  Bluntly how far is Red Steel.  That game needs to launch with the system.  Same with TP.  Everything else if its out by Nov 17 then their good.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #133 on: July 27, 2006, 02:08:30 PM »
Basically here is how I see the two wave system.  Launching the system in October, and then having a second release of big games by Nintendo and 3rd parties in November would break down.

1)Wii officially releases early to mid-October with a launch lineup of:

Zelda Twilight Princess
Wii Sports
Metroid Prime Corruption
Red Steel
Madden 2006
Super Monkey Ball

Then around November (I would say a week before Sony launchs the PS3...so that people may not have the money to spend for one.)

Nintendo releases:

Excite Truck
Wario Ware Smooth Moves
Project Hammer

Third Parties release other games that are ready.

Basically, what you are getting is a Nintendo launch with a traditional Nintendo franchise, a Non-gamer game, and another traditional game.  Then Nintendo releases another list of big games throwing at us another Non-Gamer game, and two traditional games, with huge third party support.

Now, the best part about this plan is that Nintendo has a huge head start, and basically two buying periods.  October, and November...each buying period is supported by huge games, that may help them capture huge money on both periods.

But that is not all.

That would allow, a certain Mario game to possibly be positioned for a nice DECEMBER launch.  2-3 months after system launch is what was quoted.

So Super Mario Galaxy could help secure final holiday shoppers.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 27, 2006, 03:23:03 PM »
I'll take my Wii as soon as possible. I'd buy it with no games, even.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 27, 2006, 04:43:39 PM »
*Wii comes tomorrow , so does ~$1200+ Devkit cost*

With Spak-Spang except switch MP and Excite Truck around.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 27, 2006, 05:21:37 PM »
I doubt Project HAMMER is that far enough along to release in the launch window...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 27, 2006, 06:40:10 PM »
Out of space could hint at Mario Galaxy making launch.

Offline BiLdItUp1

• Brain Parasite
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 27, 2006, 07:18:57 PM »
Ha, when Nintendo started suggesting overanalysis, I thought Wii = V V i i = 10/2.

Personally, I think it'll happen sometime in October, but some features won't make it in time or won't get going till later. VC, for example, will be extremely limited. The de-emphasis of online is also a bit telling. The games'll all be done I'm sure. Two waves - launch time and the week before Thanksgiving, to combat the PS3.
All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred, and schizophrenia. (George Orwell, more relevant than ever, in "Politics and the English Language")
Wii Number: 7947 2653 6155 9540

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 27, 2006, 07:30:26 PM »
Sega to develop Ready to Rumble 3 exclusively for the Wii? <--- Its in French

Juex-france says they have sources that say it is so. Sega seems like they are really behind the Wii this time. If this turns out to be true, I wonder what other games Sega might be bringing ove to the Wii(exclusively).

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 27, 2006, 08:13:51 PM »
Hopefully Sega does this game right. A solid boxing sim would sell faster than virgin prostitutes...

well, maybe.
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 27, 2006, 08:27:18 PM »

I wonder what other games Sega might be bringing ove to the Wii(exclusively).
I expect NiGHTS, Panzer Dragoon, a couple of lightgun games and a couple of racing games.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 28, 2006, 05:27:51 AM »
Saturn games aren't going to come initially.  We should all know that now.  The technology was complex and will take more effort to emulate.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 28, 2006, 07:23:03 AM »
Didn't Sega make Vectorman? I wonder if he will be getting a sequal on a next-gen system at any point.

Offline Donutt007

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 28, 2006, 08:20:29 AM »
Vectorman was made by Sega and Bluesky Software. Never played it, always wanted to.

Vectorman

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 28, 2006, 10:03:06 AM »
Wii might be playable on the Nintendo Fusion tour, according to IGN... the tour runs until Nov. 11, which makes me wonder: will the Wii come out during the tour, or immediately following? I know the tour wouldn't determine the release date, but still....
I'll shut up now...

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #146 on: July 28, 2006, 10:14:23 AM »
Ceric:  I think he was implying new versions of those games...not the Saturn games.  

A think Panzer Dragoon series is a perfect fit for the Wii.  

Nights as well for different reasons.

Actually, the Wii seems to fit perfectly with Sega's more original and crazy creations.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 28, 2006, 10:45:46 AM »
Sonic Wild Fire's director said he'd like to make an all-new IP for Wii after he's done with the game, so that's a start...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 28, 2006, 11:20:56 AM »
Wasn't it already said that NiGHTs is probably never going to be redone because the creator thinks it can't be improved on.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #149 on: July 28, 2006, 12:17:07 PM »
Ceric:  No I believe he stated that he wasn't going to make another Nights game, unless a new control system that could actually improve the game could be created.

With a statement like that, and how unique the Wii controller was...everyone just jumped on the rumor that the Wiipointer was that new controller, and Nights would now have to be made.

Personally, I believe Nights is one of the most OVERrated, and UNDERrated games of all time.  There are people that over play the greatness of that game...and their are people that ignore the game all together.  I would like to give it another try...but it really bored me the first time I played it.