Author Topic: Wii 'Classic Controller' Revealed  (Read 37247 times)

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Wii 'Classic Controller' Revealed
« Reply #125 on: May 22, 2006, 04:08:34 PM »

Originally posted by: Bloodworth
goofy people keep ignoring me.  I'm telling you the analog feels fine despite how it looks in the photos; it's not nearly as bad as dual shock.
I didn't think it was; Nintendo's analogue sticks are always exceptional. I just didn't like the positioning.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 24, 2006, 04:24:18 AM »
I've burned out all my complaining oil for this topic and placed my hopes upon using third party controllers.  I would rather play with Sony's bananarang.  Maybe eventually I'll just modify my own custom pad.  
Life is like a hurricane-- here in Duckburg

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 24, 2006, 05:02:46 AM »
"burned out all my complaining oil"? Dear God what a horrible grouping of words, man. Do you make it a point to emaciate your "literary background"? :P

I'm saving my complaints/praise till I hold the thing in my hands. Shocking concept, I know.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
RE: Wii 'Classic Controller' Revealed
« Reply #128 on: May 24, 2006, 05:43:22 AM »
Theres something I can do right now and is to try how good analogs are for button replacements, the Zelda collector's edition, the only title I know uses this replacement, is nowhere to be found around here so my observations arent very reliable at this moment, but from what Ive tried I dont like it, Im concerned about things like when you need to press the buttons quickly, like the fairy sword in MM, the analog doesnt seem a good replacement in that situation. Besides is easier to push the analog in the wrong direction than it is to press the wrong button, even if they are close. Fortunately there arent any games that press c-up and c-down at the same time, or are they?

Lets hope Nintendo allows full customization of the controller, so I can at least put two c buttons with real buttons instead of the stick. And the Z button to the left shoulder button.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #129 on: May 24, 2006, 08:27:21 PM »

Originally posted by: IceCold
I didn't think it was; Nintendo's analogue sticks are always exceptional. I just didn't like the positioning.

I think, with the lack of handles, it'll be easier to shift your grip to a comfortable postion when using the analogue stick. Personally, after trying to play Sonic Mega Collection with the and the original LoZ with the Cube pad, I'm very glad they decided to put the d-pad in the primary position.

Originally posted by: mantidor
Theres something I can do right now and is to try how good analogs are for button replacements

Yeah, analogue sticks make for horrible button replacements.  
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Adoranalin

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 28, 2006, 01:53:06 AM »

I think we all had the white thing in the analogs, and also have the analogs all loose (Mario Party is guilty). I hope some third party comes up with a more apropiate atachment for the N64 games, because if it doesnt happen Ill probably skip N64 VC games, which would be a shame.

Oh crap I'd be missing Sin and Punishment too

mario party is to blame?? more like super mario 64. those bowser spinning moves could have taken me to the hospital (with the controller).

that my experience with nintendo systems prior to 64 is either limited or doesn't exist may be to blame, but thus far my main problem is the lack of a N64-like analogue stick placement and a trigger.

that the nunchuck attachment bears remarkable resemblance to the middle handle of the 64 controller (which i furthur confirmed whilst examining my controller today) hasn't really been talked about much, but it is one of the reasons i'm so pleased with it!! ^^

(for reference: i sleep with my 64 controllers every night XD)  
boom!

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 28, 2006, 04:21:01 AM »

Fortunately there arent any games that press c-up and c-down at the same time, or are they?

the first example i could think of is Tony Hawk Pro Skater. THPS1 would definately be a VC download for me, because that game rocks. i do recall however that it only used the C buttons on the n64 pad.

Down C: ollies
Left C:    flips
Right C:  grabs
Up C:      grinds.

im 100% positive that was the lay out, and many times i found myself holding up and down c at the same time. if i would ollie (down C) into a grind (up C) i would hold down the grind button with either the top of my thumb or my index finger, then ollie up and dow a grab trick (left C), never taking my finger off the grind button so that i would never miss it. trying that with an anolog stick would ruin it.

granted, they could just map those buttons to the four face buttons. Now that i think of it actually, the VC controller only has two less buttons than the 64 controller anyway. i dont remember a game that used every face button (where C-buttons weren't the Camera). it might no be that much of a problem.  
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Adoranalin

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 29, 2006, 09:01:33 PM »
This is soooo off-topic, but did anyone ever master jigglypuff in super smash bros on 64 ?
boom!

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 30, 2006, 12:20:19 PM »
I did, and it was so easy to use her rest attack on enemies compared to SSBM. Any way I have nothing to complain about until I hold the controller. I think it looks fine, very Super Nintendoish.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn