Author Topic: 1up's new podcast puts Revolution in positive light  (Read 3178 times)

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
1up's new podcast puts Revolution in positive light
« on: March 18, 2006, 08:05:06 PM »
1up's new podcast

Mostly it is about PS3, but towards the end they talk a good bit about Revolution.  Check it out.

They also talk about the PS3 controller.  Hehe.
Life is like a hurricane-- here in Duckburg

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
RE: 1up's new podcast puts Revolution in positive light
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 09:45:39 PM »
Glad they approve.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline BigJim

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:1up's new podcast puts Revolution in positive light
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 04:21:59 AM »
30 minutes in, if you wanna skip ahead. I heard it, I presume their nemo83 is one in the same. They're pretty level headed. This podcast made me change my mind (a little) and learn a few things. Oddly enough, coming from their innocent 4 minute discussion.

I shouldn't be in a Nintendo forum if I'm looking for objectivity. As much as I love Nintendo, I dislike fanatical bias just as much as I dislike negative bias. And I feel compelled to "offset" a discussion if it is going too much in one direction or another. We're in a bubble. A lot of the discussions we're having here aren't even mentioned in other forums. Maybe it's the lack of new information, so we're just digging for something to talk about, making issues out of things that are premature or don't get a second thought in the real world.

But anyway, the podcast made me realize how much of a bubble we can get into. Revolution has just as much a fair shot as anybody else. No more OR less. They can knock one out of the park, but their success isn't a foregone conclusion either. They do have specific attributes in their favor that will help them, just as the other consoles do too. It'd be nice if we could all take a step back from our nit-picky discussions and look at the big picture and relax until we know what we're talking about. I'm guilty of it too, of course.

Group hug everybody!  
"wow."

Offline TerribleOne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 11:00:12 AM »
yea big jim pretty much hit the nail on the head. we are so desperate for info that our imaginations and pro-nintendo desires are getting ahead of themselves.

argh wat happened to all the slowly-released rev info nintendo claimed they were goin 2 release.. its march
Where Can i find my Wii code?

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 12:32:37 PM »
Starting tomorrow, the bubble will get much bigger and crowded!

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 01:00:00 PM »
It was pretty entertaining; I liked it.
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006, 02:51:16 PM »
Imagine the forum without the bubble.

Not worth visiting.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2006, 06:14:02 PM »
I finally listened to thing. It is nice to hear a mainstream organization speaking positively about the Revolution. Some nice quotes (not exact):

"You can't go mainstream and then put prices up"

Nintendo's going after "the real mainstream"

"All the people doing all these weird acts like cooking and surgery....everybody's going to want to do this stuff"

"Microsoft and Sony are chasing this do-everything box and it's all about expense and  it's all about expense and glitz and glamor and then Nintendo do what is really mainstream which is just provide stuff that a lot of people want to do." (then, sarcastically) "Imagine that! What a concept!"

edit: oh, I didn't listen to the whole thing, so I don't know how nemo was mentioned.

Not worth visiting.

Bubbles are nice. When radioactive zombie plague sweeps the world, I want to be living in a nice bio-dome bubble where the air is fresh and the grass is green.  
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 03:12:52 PM »
Here is the tactile touch interface I suggested Sony might be up to:

Sony touch and feel
Life is like a hurricane-- here in Duckburg

Offline TMW

• The Man Whore, if you're wondering.
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2006, 03:22:17 PM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666

Not worth visiting.

I beleive our beastial friend has hit the nail on the head.  
Jesus saves! Everyone else, roll for damage.<BR><BR>Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there's not an invisible monster about to eat your face off.

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2006, 04:02:19 PM »

Originally posted by: nemo_83
Here is the tactile touch interface I suggested Sony might be up to:

Sony touch and feel

LOL, that looks practical.