Author Topic: Gettin' Cube...finally!  (Read 209177 times)

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
RE: Gettin' Cube...finally! (Official "What game should I get?" Thread)
« Reply #250 on: August 03, 2003, 08:35:04 PM »
Trust me, there is no place that I know of that you can rent GC games for a reasonable price.  When I say resonable I mean less then $9 a night.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 03, 2003, 08:46:11 PM »
shorty, its not much better in brisbane either, i have infact never seen any cube games for sale :\

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 05, 2003, 04:47:56 PM »
Sale or rent??

Offline VideoGamerJ

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Gettin' Cube...finally! (Official "What game should I get?" Thread)
« Reply #253 on: August 05, 2003, 10:45:43 PM »
SSB:M, Resident Evil, Pikmin, Super Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, Star Fox Adventures, Phantasy Star Online and many others.

Offline getupkids

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 08, 2003, 04:51:11 PM »
you can buy just about any game from nintendo or capcom and youll be happy.  and i like buying instead of renting, games are yousually too easy and short.
stop feeling content from other sites

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: August 08, 2003, 04:57:23 PM »
for rent sorry, thats a pretty bad mistake, no lots .. well not lots.. but we have games for sale, but not many for rent

nah, resident evil games scare me, so thats capcom's biggest franchise gone for me

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 15, 2003, 06:13:23 PM »
Alas, I never played Conker, Twisted Halo.  But I have to change my opinion, because the SNES Donkey Kongs are very good (the first one or two, anyway).
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #257 on: August 18, 2003, 10:46:31 AM »
Here put it this why if you like a game (board type) such as Labrynth. (The movie that was "based" on it is pretty good.) you will like Monkey Ball. (Its the game were you navigate a steel ball through a maze.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline TheDisturbedOne

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 19, 2003, 09:35:56 AM »
I like Burnout 2: Point of Impact. Its wierd I never get these things till they have been out a while. Have fun either way lol
CHEESE!

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 06, 2003, 10:03:43 AM »
Super Monkey Ball is pretty fun.  However, I have another game to add to my list of awesome games: F-Zero GX.  This is a great game.  It is extremely challenging, but it's as fun as poop.  And when I say poop, I mean poop.

FUN.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Darkflame

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 11, 2003, 07:55:37 AM »
Personaly, I found Eternal Darkness one of the best games released in the last 5 years.
While Resident Evil, has always been a cheap copy of Fredric Raynals Alone in the Dark, Eternal Darkness finaly moves the genera forward.

The game is packet with originality; Sanity effects, a great magic system, a truely unique story, wonderfully intergrated charecters.

The story, IMO, its its strongest point, not only a cool tale, but told without using year-long cutscenes.
You play most of the story, and it all wonderfully fits together.

As for the graphics and sound, their amazing.
Whoever said they where N64 quality, must have a pretty rare N64.
The charecter models, to this day, remain the best scene on the GC.

The voice acting, is also amazing. (well, most of the charecters).

oh, Monkey Ball also rules, if you got patients.
"Life Sucks"~John, Farscape

« Reply #261 on: September 19, 2003, 10:22:28 PM »
MwaHaHaHaHaHa
Hmmm.... !

Offline Ms.Pikmin

• Ow, my GOB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 20, 2003, 06:12:18 AM »
I did read the review on this site, but wanted to know if anyone else has played Cubivore.  I am considering buying it, but before I do I wanted a bit of input from you.  Thanks.

Offline joeyjojo

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 24, 2003, 04:36:37 AM »
its probably been said before but what the hey... YO SHORTY ITS YA BIRFDAY!

now that the unpleasantness is out of the way, i think monkey ball 1 is better than 2.
i have both of them and i feel that MB1 is a better game all round. the single player levels are more creative rather than tacky, and all the multiplayer games are fun (some of the multiplayer games in MB2 are crap).

if youve ever played the classic "marble madness" you will have some idea of what monkey ball is like. it becomes very challenging, to the point of, "AAAAAAAAHHHH!!! I HATE THIS GAME!!!!" ,  but then youll get a little bit better and realise its cool. excellent multiplayer of course too.

shorty, if youre from townsville, you should come and kick it in the aussie ghetto (australian thread in general chat).

"OMG! I gotz teh powerup guys!"
-rick "powerup" powers

Offline Rancid Planet

• Hobo pill hypnotizes over the internet
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 24, 2003, 07:54:54 PM »

Originally posted by: joeyjojo
if youve ever played the classic "marble madness" you will have some idea of what monkey ball is like. it becomes very challenging, to the point of, "AAAAAAAAHHHH!!! I HATE THIS GAME!!!!" ,  but then youll get a little bit better and realise its cool. excellent multiplayer of course too. q]

THANK YOU! I've been making that Marble Madness comparison forever! I like it when people see things my way.

Offline Pikkcuber

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 25, 2003, 11:57:57 AM »
After I buy Viewtiful Joe and Mario Kart, is there really anything left for christmas besides mario and luigi.  Or am i going to have to go and get madden 2004, even though i play ncaa 2003 alot.
thanks
PikkCuber

Offline Molobert

• topo de oro
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 26, 2003, 07:56:15 PM »
Prince of Persia, Beyond Good and Evil, RSIII: Rebel Strike, MGS: The Twin Snakes (possible, but very unlikely), and SUPER MARIO BROS. 3 all come out from now until Christmas.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 26, 2003, 08:04:32 PM »

Originally posted by: Ms.Pikmin
I did read the review on this site, but wanted to know if anyone else has played Cubivore.  I am considering buying it, but before I do I wanted a bit of input from you.  Thanks.

I constantly hear that it's a completely horrible game, but I have never played it myself.  I would proceed cautiously if I were you.

After I buy Viewtiful Joe and Mario Kart, is there really anything left for christmas besides mario and luigi. Or am i going to have to go and get madden 2004, even though i play ncaa 2003 alot.

My list for this Winter includes Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes.  And just so you know, I own a copy of MGS for PC.  I am way too drunk to remember what else I want, but that's my #1 game.  It's going to rule SO MUCH.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 27, 2003, 05:41:38 AM »
Twin Snakes = 2004 title

My list for the rest of the year...

-Fire Emblem
-Mario and Luigi
-Super Mario Advance 4
-BG&E
-I-Ninja
-Mario Kart: Double Dash

and maybe 1080 and Kirby's Air Ride if I can scrap together enough cash...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

« Reply #269 on: October 02, 2003, 12:50:26 AM »
I am very hard to please.  Many of the games that other people think are great, I think are rather boring.  Like Wind Waker & Mario Sunshine.  Probably because I've been playing since 1979, and I've pretty much seen it all!

Anyway, here are the Gamecube games I was impressed by:
- METROID PRIME (but after hour 20... after you've explored 95% of the game... it gets quite boring)
- MONKEY BALL 1 (like Marble Madness in 3D... although like MM, the novelty quickly wears off)
- ZELDA: OCARINA OF TIME (yeah it's an old N64 port... but the boss battles are some of the best I've ever seen!  And it's challenging.)
- ETERNAL DARKNESS (ditto... this game gave me nighmares.  That's a first!  Where RE is like a cheesy B-movie, ED is like a Hitchcock suspense/horror film.  Pure genius!)

Well that's about it.  Here are the games I did NOT like:

- MARIO SUNSHINE (why would I want to waste time washing stuff? it's like washing my car (yuck).  I'd rather go re-play Mario 64.)
- ZELDA: WIND WAKER (too easy... too easy... too easy.  And boring.  There are much, much better ocean exploration games out there.  Like Pirates!)
- ANIMAL CROSSING (I already own a bedroom/house that I can collect and fill with objects... why would I want to do it in a fantasy game?  no thanks.)

Favorite classic games
Space Invaders, Missile Command, Berzerk, Defender, Mario 1.5, Final Fantasy 6

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: October 04, 2003, 11:22:00 AM »
I've got fifty spare dollars lying around, so let's put them to good use.  I don't mind waiting a month, or maybe even two, for the game to come out.  I'm looking for something really hardcore.  I want an Action/Adventure type game, something that hooks you to it, and something that you can't put down.  Something that lasts long, and has good replay value.  And especially, something really really fun.  But I don't want something that...well...I just want something rated E, so it's not TOO hardcore.

I currently own: Metroid Prime, Super Mario Sunshine, OoT/Master Quest (best Zelda ever), Wind Waker, Animal Crossing, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Sonic Mega Collection, Phantasy Star Online Eps I and II, Sonic Adventure DX, and I've pre-ordered Sonic Heroes

And a question about Animal Crossing, if anyone cares: I've paid off my loan.  What's there to do?  What's the fun in the Fall Sports Fair, when you can't partake in it?  You can't see the Harvest Moon, what's up with that?  What about meteor showers?  Huh?  Huh?  I heard so many things about it, it was great, until I paid off my loan...I'm just wondering, what is there left to do?  I've heard about Bug Catching Contests...what's that all about?
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 04, 2003, 11:23:19 AM »
I've got fifty spare dollars lying around, so let's put them to good use.  I don't mind waiting a month, or maybe even two, for the game to come out.  I'm looking for something really hardcore.  I want an Action/Adventure type game, something that hooks you to it, and something that you can't put down.  Something that lasts long, and has good replay value.  And especially, something really really fun.  But I don't want something that...well...I just want something rated E, so it's not TOO hardcore.

I currently own: Metroid Prime, Super Mario Sunshine, OoT/Master Quest (best Zelda ever), Wind Waker, Animal Crossing, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Sonic Mega Collection, Phantasy Star Online Eps I and II, Sonic Adventure DX, and I've pre-ordered Sonic Heroes

And a question about Animal Crossing, if anyone cares: I've paid off my loan.  What's there to do?  What's the fun in the Fall Sports Fair, when you can't partake in it?  You can't see the Harvest Moon, what's up with that?  What about meteor showers?  Huh?  Huh?  I heard so many things about it, it was great, until I paid off my loan...I'm just wondering, what is there left to do?  I've heard about Bug Catching Contests...what's that all about?
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline HANSOLO

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 06, 2003, 03:41:14 AM »
GAMECUBE ROCKS

anyway have u guys seen the preview of starwars rogue squardren III: Rebel Strike...its ssssoooo real

i wonder what the xbox gamers should think of that,.......lol

P.S its only on gamecube....iwonder why
again i leave u to ponder.......

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 07, 2003, 01:38:49 AM »
because factor 5 are making it thats why, if you think coming here with such rabbid fanboyism will earn you respect, your dead wrong.

Offline MagicToenail

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 08, 2003, 11:10:30 AM »
Should i get madden 2003 (15$) or madden 2004(45$), also what are the connectivity features for both? I really want to know because the only game my family will play with me is mario kart, so until that comes out i want one to play with my dad.
Currently playing: Mario 64 DS and Resident Evil 4