Author Topic: Gettin' Cube...finally!  (Read 208939 times)

Offline EggyToast

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Gettin' Cube...finally! (Official "What game should I get?" Thread)
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2003, 05:49:41 PM »
It's $50 for the first year which includes the kit.  They *will* have a monthly charge when Xbox live hits 1 yr; they've said so themselves.

And on top of the mandatory Live fee, you need a $9/mo hunter's license in order to play PSO.  Expect other 3rd party games like that to have fees, too, on top of the upcoming live fee.

Offline Gharakh

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2003, 07:10:06 PM »

But ED will still be a rental.  I'll know by next week if I like it or not.

if you rent it, make sure you give it a lot of time to try. it really gets a lot better once you get sucked into the story and get to experience some of the insanity effects.  i think you'll like this game, i had my doubts about it but its one of my favourite games. genius storyline

Offline theaveng

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2003, 01:56:27 AM »
I don't understand why this thread is allowed to stand.  When I asked the same question last month, I was told it was a POLL and it got locked.

I don't understand the rules on this forum.  Sometimes they are enforced.  And sometimes not.

Offline Munky

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2003, 03:17:04 AM »

Originally posted by: Gharakh

But ED will still be a rental.  I'll know by next week if I like it or not.

if you rent it, make sure you give it a lot of time to try. it really gets a lot better once you get sucked into the story and get to experience some of the insanity effects.  i think you'll like this game, i had my doubts about it but its one of my favourite games. genius storyline

I plan to give every game atleast a week of play time. I don't want to play the game for 5 minutes, hate it, and never play it again, when it takes a good amount of play time to get used to the game.
The memory of a lost loved one remains with you always, but it's a wound that time heals. It's like a scar....it never really disappears, time just soothes the memory.

ChaoticMunky.com

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2003, 05:10:32 AM »
You cannot rent this game, you must buy it, ITS SO AWESOME.
If you can get this game for incredible 20bucks nothing should stop you.
If you pay 5bucks to rent it for a week, why not pay 20 to own the 2nd best GCN game around.
LZ 2005

Offline Tsunekazu

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2003, 05:30:18 AM »

Originally posted by: Lord_die_seis
try Phantasy Star online (BTW dont get XBOX version if you wana play online Xbox live charge plus 8.99 per month). Cubes only has 8.99 a month.

He already has Xbox Live, meaning he doesn't have a fee to pay until November.  Plus the Xbox version is $10 cheaper, and you get an additional month free.  Also with the Gamecube version, he would need a BBA, and a keyboard to truly enjoy it.  It's much cheaper for him to get the Xbox version.

Offline EggyToast

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2003, 05:45:42 AM »
True.  And you can justify the Xbox Live fees by saying you're using that fee to play the OTHER games

Offline Cerberus

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2003, 05:55:59 AM »
You should get Super Smash Bros. Melee. It is extremely fun and great for multiplayer modes.
You can pick you friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

Offline Munky

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2003, 07:21:51 AM »
Thanks for all the input guys. I got the platinum Cube, Metroid Prime, WaveBird, and Memory card. Plus I pre-ordered the Wind Wakers and got the Ocarina of Time disc with Master Quest.
The memory of a lost loved one remains with you always, but it's a wound that time heals. It's like a scar....it never really disappears, time just soothes the memory.

ChaoticMunky.com

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2003, 07:31:11 AM »
NOW GET ETERNAL DARKNESS      
LZ 2005

Offline Munky

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2003, 07:35:44 AM »

Originally posted by: Hemmorrhoid
NOW GET ETERNAL DARKNESS      

LOL! I'll be sure to rent it this week.

ChaoticMunky.com

Offline Koopa Troopa

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2003, 08:01:46 AM »
If you have three or moer friends, get "Super Smash Bros: Melee", it is the ultimate multi-player game.

It's $50 for the first year which includes the kit. They *will* have a monthly charge when Xbox live hits 1 yr; they've said so themselves.

How about a link? I don't remember Microsoft stating this. I think you're talking out your arse.
"Plan Your Strategy. Build an Army. Trust No One."

Offline Gharakh

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2003, 01:04:58 PM »
no this is definitely true. the 50 dollar kit gives you one year access to xbox live (it says so right on the box) after that you either have to buy a new kit or pay monthly. i do believe that the one year free kit will not be sold once the fees begin.

Offline Munky

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2003, 02:41:38 PM »
I think Microsoft will have more info on this at E3. I think they'll have a small monthly fee, or you can pay quarterly, or yearly.

ChaoticMunky.com

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2003, 03:28:15 PM »
Definitely Super Smash Brothers Melee.  Other suggestions are Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, and basically any other Nintendo game.  Sega games, like Super Monkey Ball and Sonic, are also fun.  Resident Evil and Eternal Darkness if you like dark, spooky games.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Munky

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2003, 04:37:10 PM »
I have Metroid Prime! Mario Sunshine I'm going to borrow from my cousin. ED and RE will both be rentals. Thanks for the suggestions.

ChaoticMunky.com

Offline lezner

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2003, 05:38:09 PM »
Last time I was at  EB, ED was $17.99. don't know if it was preowned or new.

Offline Munky

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2003, 05:53:11 PM »
When I was up there today, I looked for it to look at it and get the guys thoughts on the game, but they didn't have any copies in. Not even preowned. So it must be a good game.

ChaoticMunky.com

Offline Gharakh

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2003, 06:28:43 PM »
i was not impressed by mario sunshine at all. it was a huge disappointment for me.  hopefully mario 128 will stay true to mario 64 and actually have varying levels, rather than all one tropical island piece of crap.  uggh  

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2003, 06:30:58 PM »
i just hope they have some lvls in Mario 128 like they did in SMS where you go through without FLUUD.
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline Kai

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2003, 11:12:01 PM »
I recomend people buy Pikmin as one of their first games and so far, everyone I know who has gotten that game has loved it. You must have it if you have a Cube. It is incredibly addicting.

Also, another one that not a lot of people have recomended is Animal Crossing. I know AC 2 is coming up, but one is still a seminal game, and a lot of fun.

Also, if you love Resident Evil, you must have the remakes.

Eternal Darkness and Metroid Prime are must-buys if you have a cube, as is Zelda TWW.

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2003, 11:34:43 PM »

Originally posted by: RahXephon
i just hope they have some lvls in Mario 128 like they did in SMS where you go through without FLUUD.

Im sure it wont even have Fludd, Fludd was just an idea for an update. Mario Sunshine was merely an update from Mario 64, whereas Mario 128 is evolution or even revolution of Mario 64. I want that game alot, alot. I too was dissapointed with Sunshine, I didnt like Fludd, and it wasnt well balanced IMO
LZ 2005

Offline theaveng

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2003, 02:54:46 AM »

Originally posted by: Kai
Also, if you love Resident Evil, you must have the remakes.
There's only *1* remake: Resident Evil 1.  The rest are direct ports (2/3/Veronica) or brand-new originals (0/4).
So, what's wrong with Mario Sunshine?  I haven't played it, so I just assumed it was like Mario64.  What did they change to ruin the game?

Offline Spyjuice10

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2003, 05:24:00 AM »
get metroid prime for free definitely, a wavebird might be cool
madden 2003 is a great game, but u should getta memory card 251
Lateš

Offline Gharakh

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2003, 07:37:28 AM »

So, what's wrong with Mario Sunshine? I haven't played it, so I just assumed it was like Mario64. What did they change to ruin the game?

well personally i didnt like the "Fludd" (water gun). to me it was just a cheap gimick that was fun for about 5 minutes. also with mario 64 you had a tonne of variety in the levels, from winter, to under water, to lava, to desert, etc. etc.. in mario sunshine it's all set in a stupid tropical island with all these stupid people around selling fruit. everything was just so kiddish. the graphics are not up to par imo. mario 64 set the bar for what n64 games should loook like, mario sunshine simply does not do the same for cube.