Author Topic: 200,000 Pre-Orders!?!?!? - Jump Superstars  (Read 22972 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
200,000 Pre-Orders!?!?!? - Jump Superstars
« on: July 13, 2005, 09:20:37 AM »
Gamefront.de
your gonna have to scroll down a little ways

200.000 Vorbestellungen für Jump SuperStars

13.07.05 - Nintendo gibt bekannt, dass man für das Prügelspiel Jump Superstars  bereits 200.000 Vorbestellungen in Japan erhalten hat. Release: 08.08.05
translated:

according to Gamefront Nintendo has announced it already has 200,000 pre-orders for Jump Super Stars!

the game is released 8th august 05.

I this game will cement the DS as the 'Next GameBoy' for the foreseeable future and easily become the #1 selling DS game in japan in its opening week alone(it will debut at 400,000+ taking the monthly chart by storm shaming all NON-game software and kicking the PSP and its movies square in the nuts)

EDIT Not to mention that this releases te same day as the new RED DS which ='s PSP pwnage to the 5th power

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: 200,000 Pre-Orders!?!?!? - Jump Superstars
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 09:28:23 AM »
...........Wow...I really hope this game is good and it's localized...It's just so bizarre-looking that I MUST have it!
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 09:31:52 AM »
The game does look awesome, and it does have a small chance of seeing localization, so let us pray!
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 09:33:25 AM »
Ha.

I wonder what the preorders for this new Mario Kart will be???  

Or

The preorders for the new Mario Brothers game.

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 09:55:19 AM »
Jump SuperStars could be trash and stinkweed and still sell well over 200,000 copies. This will be the first import game I buy since well a long time in the past. Naruto-Kun Vs. Son-Gouku, If that doesn't sell systems nothing will.

Isn't this being developed by Nintendo and Bandi or am I confuseey?
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005, 10:16:00 AM »
"I this game will cement the DS as the 'Next GameBoy' for the foreseeable future"

In Japan.  Nintendo needs to get this kind of sales for a game in North America.  "I hope this gets localized" and "when is this being released in America" shouldn't be the most common reactions to every DS game by North American DS owners.

It's been a glorified movie player for the last few months but the PSP still hasn't been completely owned over here yet.  So I wouldn't be declaring victory for the DS just because it's doing better in Japan.  According to Gamerankings the PSP still has more games released for it in North America than the DS despite literally no new PSP games being released in two months and the DS being in stores for much longer.  There's still a lot of work to be done.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2005, 10:18:18 AM »
"I hope this gets localized" and "when is this being released in America" shouldn't be the most common reactions to every DS game by North American DS owners.

You fail to realize that more than half the characters in this game are unknown to most people outside Japan, THAT is the thing...

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2005, 10:34:04 AM »
I don't mean this game in particular, I mean like every game.  Every neato DS game seems to stay in Japan or take longer than you would think to get localized.  It's like to own a DS importing is a requirement.  That has to be improved.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:200,000 Pre-Orders!?!?!? - Jump Superstars
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2005, 11:14:35 AM »
All in good time, Ian, all in good time...besides, what's the PSP doing to rush it?

We all knew that this game would be killer in Japan because of all the recognizable characters and the hype surrounding it. It is the one to carry the DS until the holiday season when all of those other must have titles come out.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2005, 11:17:56 AM »
"According to Gamerankings the PSP still has more games released for it in North America than the DS despite literally no new PSP games being released in two months and the DS being in stores for much longer."

According to what is actually the truth, they are tied at 29 until Nanostray gets released this month for the DS.  
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2005, 11:20:10 AM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
"I this game will cement the DS as the 'Next GameBoy' for the foreseeable future"

In Japan.  Nintendo needs to get this kind of sales for a game in North America.  "I hope this gets localized" and "when is this being released in America" shouldn't be the most common reactions to every DS game by North American DS owners.

It's been a glorified movie player for the last few months but the PSP still hasn't been completely owned over here yet.  So I wouldn't be declaring victory for the DS just because it's doing better in Japan.  According to Gamerankings the PSP still has more games released for it in North America than the DS despite literally no new PSP games being released in two months and the DS being in stores for much longer.  There's still a lot of work to be done.
Actually I was only reffering to the Japanese market, as most people(myself included) know absolutely nothing about most of the characters in that game.  Only a handfull of the cartoons that those characters are based in are (just now) being played in the U.S.. I don't expect this game to have a noticeable impact on the U.S. DS sales at all, but a very deep impact on the JPN DS sales, especially with a new color being released.

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2005, 11:23:52 AM »
"According what what is actually the truth, they are tied until Nanostray gets release this month for the DS."

Well the difference in my research was like only two more games for the PSP.  I don't know which ones are missing.  Nonetheless it's still pretty dumb for them to be so close when the DS came out well before the PSP and the PSP has had very few games released since launch.  There should NEVER have been a situation where the PSP had more games.  That was completely unaccepatable.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2005, 12:04:28 PM »
"Nonetheless it's still pretty dumb for them to be so close when the DS came out well before the PSP and the PSP has had very few games released since launch."

It is much more time-consuming to create original content for a handheld than to drag a few sports title ports from a console.

Offline Artimus

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2005, 12:07:30 PM »
Ian, you're the most obnoxious complainer ever. You've passed constructive criticism and gone one to annoying SOB.

Get stuffed!

And btw, the DS leads with 31 released games to the PSP's 29.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2005, 12:10:56 PM »
Artimus... you are counting Pictochat and the Metroid Demo aren't you?  

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2005, 12:53:01 PM »
LOL; let's count the movies for the PSPs as well just so Sony can be happy.

Ian, yes the "drought" was not the best thing that could happen, but with titles like Yoshi, WWT, Kirby etc scattered across, it was bearable. But now, look to the FUTURE and how incredibly bright it is for the DS.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2005, 01:43:16 PM »
Yeah, but get some sunglasses first.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2005, 02:08:22 PM »
are you sure you don't work at IGN Ian?  you spin to find any negative you can in any sort of positive announcement.
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2005, 03:39:41 PM »
LOL

If this game wouldve had Saint Seiya characters, Id buy it in heart beat, but its only the more recent Shonen Jump stuff, which Im not very fond of, and I despise Dragon Ball. Whats really funny is the sony fanboys going nuts about this game being in the DS since most of them are anime freaks too, its just lovely to see that sad show they put... "the game looks bad" "I dont want it" "rehash of  Smash Bros!" etc.etc. etc. hahaha, sad people indeed, they are willing to avoid getting their dream game just because its not on a sony console.
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2005, 04:18:16 PM »
I thought this thread was about Jump Superstars, not the current condition of the DS's US game situation.  Ian, you've already complained about this in every other thread on this board, it's about time you stopped.

A few guys at a Nintendo board pining over a couple of possible Japan-only titles hardly equates to "every DS game by North American DS owners."  Besides, if Nintendo were to realease it here, it would hardly sell because most of the characters are unknown in the west.  But surely you would not complain about that!  You most certainly would not still complain that Nintendo isn't thinking about YOU when they make their games.  You would be quite content if Jump Superstars were brought to US shores, wouldn't you?  You don't even have a DS, so quit spreading your garbage over here.

This game looks fun
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2005, 05:32:16 PM »
I'm hoping they release this game here even though some characters aren't known here in north-america by the general public. Since they are finally releasing Naruto and One Piece games here I suppose this game is also in plan to be released. One more thing, if I find out that they put in the game Hiruma from "Eyeshield 21" I will seriously consider buying my first import.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2005, 05:59:55 PM »
He's in...

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2005, 07:41:50 PM »
YA-HA! I can't believe it, hehehe. Kick ass! Thank you Bill. Now if I knew Japanese it would make it much more enjoyable.

Offline Urkel

• Reggie Fart-Aime
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2005, 09:28:26 PM »
I think this game could do well in North America if they market it mainly as a DBZ game. Put Goku and Vegeta on the cover, and maybe some Naruto and One Piece characters in the background.
"ROFS? Rolling on the floor... starving?"- Phoenix Wright

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2005, 06:59:31 AM »
>All in good time, Ian, all in good time...besides, what's the PSP doing to rush it?

Not to jump to Ian's defense, but you know what?  I don't care about what the PSP is doing.  I care about the DS and the fact is, I bought my DS at launch and I have three whole games for it (not counting the Metroid demo or Pictochat).  I use the thing as a fancy GBA more than anything.  Personally, I'm getting sick of waiting for all the "great games of the future"...  I almost wonder if Nintendo should have just launched in Japan first and waited until sometime this summer to launch here in the states...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.