Author Topic: DS Preorders are Hot!  (Read 10564 times)

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: DS Preorders are Hot!
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2004, 06:13:16 PM »
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=120622&p=irol-newsArticle&t=Regular&id=605991&

Sorry, but Toys R Us still has a long way to go before they close their doors.  They did announce that they've sold off the Kids R Us clothing franchise, but the bread and butter is staying around despite some challenges.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Windrunner

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:DS Preorders are Hot!
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2004, 07:53:58 PM »
Aye, that was in August.  They are shutting the doors on the Toys R Us outlets, and keeping Babys R Us around, because that has -become- their "bread and butter."  

Again, that's why Amazon's switched their game sales to Gamestop, and, quite frankly, why most Toys R Us stores look like ghost towns (well that, and because no one likes the remodel they did last year.. it's like a bloody maze).
----
Windrunner
It's not that I hate people, I just like my computer more... and I hate people.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2004, 10:12:17 PM »
Look you're going to have to show me some kind of back-up before I buy the idea that the market leader has to close up shop.  I know that the Amazon deal dissolved, but I'm quite sure that it has nothing to do with Toys R Us closing its brick and mortars.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2004, 06:20:37 AM »
You're right about about service plans...they absolutely suck..and are high pressure situations...Hell circuit city is now selling service plans on games and that isn't even a lie....  That is why toys r us and wal mart are the best places to buy that crap...or like i said, an online store...ebgames.com is THE best place to buy online games, hands down.  The other reason Gamestop and ebgames are fricken scam artists is because of what they do to used games...and I'm sure I dn't have to explain that to you.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Renny

• Satin
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2004, 06:52:06 AM »
Nein! Hitler doesn't like the stickers!
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2004, 07:42:52 AM »
... uh, Renny, WTF? Trying to invoke Godwin's Law?
Pale: Toys 'r' Us has a bad selection and high prices, would you really pay more just to avoid one question?

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2004, 08:03:41 AM »
KDR, i find just the opposite on both accounts???  Best selection in town and they update their prices to the latest MSRPs more frequently than any other store???

Confused....
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Renny

• Satin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2004, 08:43:38 AM »
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2004, 11:09:50 AM »
I find the absolute best place to buy games is Willow Video.  They have the lowest prices, they NEVER bug you about pre-orders at all (because they don't take them), and they have a good selection of used titles that have the prices significantly marked down.  But they're a local chain so most of you can't shop there.  HA!

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2004, 01:17:24 PM »
I do believe I hear the sound of gloating... well then allow me to join.

I've got an EB 3 minutes' walk away, and I'm a regular so they treat me well.

So, whenever I feel like buying a game I just hop on down to the store and get to playing it within about 10 minutes.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2004, 02:15:33 PM »
Yeah?  Well I have a Best Buy, Walmart, Target, Circuit City, and Gamestop all within vicinity of each other, and on three seperate occasions none of them had had the item I was looking for.  Beat that

by the way, join the anti-walmart brigade.  Last time I checked Eternal Darkness was still 50 bucks, also they decided it was smart to launch Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green a week after it was launched at competing stores.  Yet they're still running all opposers to the ground D=
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2004, 03:50:28 PM »
I have a Wal*Mart and a K-Mart (laughing).  I order everything online either from Gamestop.com or Ebgames.com.  To get to an actual brick and mortar I have to go completely out of my way and go into either Waldorf of Annapolis.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?