Author Topic: Billy Berghammer on the "Bonus Round"  (Read 2080 times)

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
Billy Berghammer on the "Bonus Round"
« on: June 25, 2007, 02:07:00 AM »
I can't believe no one has mentioned it yet, teh billy making a fool of himself (Episode 7 - part 1). Maybe he was just nervous, but his second answer contradicted his first answer, no?  

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
RE: Billy Berghammer on the "Bonus Round"
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 07:44:09 AM »
N'Gai dominated that conversation and Billy needs to learn how to interview on camera, but I think it was mostly Pachter that made a fool of himself -"360 is the only system with 3rd party exclusives" "Ya know, Nintendo's introducing these people to video games...but once they get a flat screen TV and see Madden...they're going to want to play video games like they're meant to be played...and so they'll buy a 360!"

Grampa seyz "I've never played video games before and I had a lot of fun swingin 'round my "golf club" in Tiger woods for Wii, but now I want to play the game the way it was meant to be played.... sitting down and pushing buttons. Better go buy me a 360 so I really start having some fun"  

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
RE:Billy Berghammer on the "Bonus Round"
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 07:45:08 AM »
Pachter was... yeah. N'gai was awesome though, as usual. How come I never see any Chris Kohler action though?
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 04:28:10 PM »
Yeah I agree that Pachter was an idiot, I think his interweb ego has taken over him.

N'gai is very informed, he's cool, I like how tough he was interviewing Phil Harrison at the recent GDC.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 06:02:08 PM »
Billy is starting to look like Joe Pesci.

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 06:15:47 PM »

Originally posted by: Kairon
Pachter was... yeah. N'gai was awesome though, as usual. How come I never see any Chris Kohler action though?

If you're looking for Kohler-Vision, check out Retronauts Bonus Stage.

EDIT: It's actually STAGE, not Round.

I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 07:13:58 AM »

Originally posted by: ViewtifulGamer
If you're looking for Kohler-Vision, check out Retronauts Bonus Round.
Great idea.  Shame they haven't done a Bonus Round in over two months.  
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 07:26:30 AM »
Yeah, Parish put the vid and audio versions of Retronauts on hiatus. When he revives the podcast for its second season, I'm guessing Bonus Stage will come back, too.  
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 07:49:35 AM »
Retronauts took a break a couple weeks ago.  There hasn't been a new Bonus Stage since mid-April.

And, to top it off, there's no Retro Roundup this week.  Lazy-ass needs to stop playing Phantom Hourglass and start working.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!