Author Topic: Nintendo Downloads - August 22, 2013  (Read 788 times)

Offline bluelander

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • My blog!
Nintendo Downloads - August 22, 2013
« on: August 22, 2013, 11:15:34 AM »

More Street Fighter than you can toss a hadouken at.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/35259

Street Fighter fans, rejoice! You now have a selection of not one, not two, but three Street Fighter II games on your Wii U! You even get a discount if you buy all three, although I'm a little puzzled as to why someone would want to own all three versions of one game. But, to each their own, I suppose. If that's not enough for you, then Ryu Hayabusa's second outing is available for the 3DS.

If you, like me, already own all the Virtual Console games released this week, then you're invited to join me in my underground bunker as I patiently await the deluge of releases coming this fall. Bring snacks.

3DS Retail Games

Phineas and Ferb: Quest for Cool Stuff - $29.99, Available August 27.

Wii U Retail Games

Phineas and Ferb: Quest for Cool Stuff - $39.99, Available August 27.

3DS eShop Sales

30% off many Ubisoft titles on the 3DS eShop, offer valid from August 20 to August 27. Games include:

• Rayman 3D
  • Rayman Origins
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D
  • Rabbids Travel in Times
  • Petz Fantasy 3D

Wii U eShop Sales

Buy one Street Fighter II games, get two more at 50% off.

3DS eShop Games

Wakedas - $2.99

Any game that boasts "serene sounds" as a feature is okay in my book. All you rageaholics out there should pick this up and settle in for some nice, peaceful puzzle-solving on your favorite handheld. Maybe skip the harder levels though. I saw what you did to your DS over Tetris DS.

Funfair Party Games - $19.99

Wait, don't go! This mini-game collection is different! You can pit your Mii against a slew of multiplayer or single player attractions as well as use the gyroscope in your 3DS to aim darts and other fun objects! Actually that does sound like all the other mini-game collections, now that I think about it.

FISH ON 3D - $9.99

Fishing enthusiasts have been getting quite a selection on the 3DS! FISH ON 3D featured a mind-boggling 400 lures and 75 titles. Heck, I didn't even know there were enough kinds of fish to necessitate 400 lures, but that's just the kind of attention to detail that you'll get in FISH ON 3D.

3DS Virtual Console

Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos - $4.99

Some crazy stuff has gone down and it's Ryu's job to set things right once again. The evil Ashtar is plotting to take over the world, but you and I both know we're not about to let that happen. Grab your sword and your Ninja clones and go kick some butt!

Wii U Virtual Console

Street Fighter II: The World Warrior - $7.99

The original Street Fighter II that took the work by storm! Fight your way from country to country with the original eight combatants complete with old-school, slow-moving characters and hilarious character portraits.

Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers - $7.99

Eight characters can get pretty boring pretty fast, so Super Street Fighter II upped the ante with four new ones. With some new locations and the ability to play as the boss characters in some of the most hideous palette swaps you've ever seen, this is a definite improvement over the original formula.

Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting - $7.99

Alright, but seriously, this is the best version of Street Fighter II. If I was Goldilocks, this porridge would be just right. All the bells and whistles of the previous games with some character balancing and a speed boost for good measure.