Author Topic: Simle way to create a 3DS player for Wii U  (Read 1064 times)

Simle way to create a 3DS player for Wii U
« on: March 02, 2015, 03:33:06 PM »
I want this, a USB dongle that plugs into the Wii U and its just a 3DS/DS card reader nothing more. All it does is reads the data off the DS/3DS cart and runs the game on the Wii U. I do NOT want a stupid Virtual Console filled with DS games playable on Wii U what I want is an actual device I buy and plug it into my Wii U and can plug in those carts and play them on my TV, or Game Pad as I see fit. This is a win-win for Nintendo they sell a device at a reasonable cost its a hardware sale, then they sell tons more DS and 3DS software to someone not interested in the hand held device.

Just bringing those games to Virtual Console is not going to cut it because it would be one damn game a month and who has time to wait around for that? Who else thinks this might be a doable solution? Would you buy this device if it existed? It could even support New 3DS software if they wanted to. Maybe this will get announced at E3?
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Re: Simle way to create a 3DS player for Wii U
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 03:52:57 PM »
Wii U and 3DS are two radically different pieces of hardware. A Wii U can't just read a 3DS cart off a dongle and spit out the game for you to play. The device you're asking for would cost way more than just putting the games out on Virtual Console.

We're better off insisting on a proper cross buy feature instead of another peripheral produced in short supply and impossible to get after launch.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 05:45:48 PM »
I want such a device as well but there are logistics that make it much more complicated than the GB Player was.  The saves on the GBA were stored on the cartridge.  On the 3DS it is stored on an SD card.  Downloaded titles wouldn't work either or DLC.  Nintendo needs a real proper account system to even get something like this to work.

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 07:12:04 PM »
I would be all for an account system but I don't want to wait fifteen years for them to get around to releasing all the games, a device that plays off the cart is instant, sure it requires some fiddling GB Player didn't just work either it required a disc to boot up so there is a way to do it they could figure it out. Its not the most ideal situation but neither is the current set up. Also I was thinking of DS games as well not just 3DS but I guess Nintendo isn't really benefiting much there anymore anyways.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 07:28:42 PM »
No, it can't do that, but it could easily emulate the 3DS.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 07:38:31 PM »
I don't know how it would work but I've wanted this pretty much since the Wii U was announced.