Author Topic: Nintendo systems old and new  (Read 18204 times)

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Re: Nintendo systems old and new
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2014, 04:15:59 PM »
Well, it may be off-topic, but it was an interesting discussion to read all the same!  :)

Anyway, to answer the original topic, I remember looking over my brother's shoulder as he played our new Game Boy we got for Christmas. He was playing both Super Mario Land and then TMNT: Back from the Sewers, I think is what that was called. I know I was, like, "When can I play?" in my cute 4-year-old voice.

Some of my favorite moments that Nintendo helped shape were playing Pokemon for the first time in middle school, being totally addicted to it, buying all the toys, buying all the cards, recording every episode of the anime, and drawing my own fan-fiction comic books.

I remember arriving with my mom early in the morning for both the GameCube and Wii launches. The GameCube one was a cold November morning on a Sunday, and it was raining outside the Toys 'R Us. As for the Wii, it was a much easier experience. We waited in line at Target for about an hour, and then we got a ticket ensuring us of getting the system. All we had to do was come back in an hour to pick it up and select our games. We got six games, not including Wii Sports. It was a magical occasion for both launches.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2014, 04:20:35 PM »
Well, it may be off-topic,

Considering it now makes up a large majority of this thread, I'd say it is on-topic and that your post is now off-topic since it doesn't deal with the long conversation on hand.

Stay on topic people.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2014, 04:23:32 PM »
Agh! I still don't do this message board thing well!  :'(
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2014, 04:29:57 PM »
Agh! I still don't do this message board thing well!  :'(

It's ok. Neither does the boards own community manager as shown below:

Isn't posting "on topic" somewhere "within the rules"?

Maybe? Honestly, haven't read them lately, and I'm pretty sure they've been modified/rewritten in the meantime due to the actions of one of my predecessors. Technically, though, my position is "Community Manager," which is fairly vague and sufficiently open-ended, without any messy "duties" or "obligations."

Poor guy is just hoping that no one notices him and/or that he has no idea what his function is so that he can keeping cashing those NWR paycheques for nothing. Nothing like getting lost in the shuffle!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2014, 05:30:46 PM »
The great thing is that even with that beautifully selective bolding, you barely managed to make that sound worse, if at all. 
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2014, 05:43:16 PM »
Ha ha! It's true. I was wondering if it was even worth bolding the parts I did because it didn't seem to be as big a difference as I thought it would.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2014, 10:41:41 PM »
IF THE MODS DON'T KNOW THE RULES HOW CAN WE EXPECT THEM TO APPROPRIATELY ENFORCE THEM?!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2014, 11:01:29 PM »
IF THE MODS DON'T KNOW THE RULES HOW CAN WE EXPECT THEM TO APPROPRIATELY ENFORCE THEM?!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2014, 11:07:10 PM »

You can't and should never have.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2014, 09:44:07 PM »
Well I was gone for a couple of days moving to a new house I get back in time to see my thread turned into an argument over how terrible Super Mario Bros. 3 is? 

I call BS on it being purely nostalgia because I have neices and nephews who are kids TODAY that love that game, kids who have plenty of other modern games to play who still like coming to my house to play those old games. I find it more odd that as much as they all like SMB3 and SMW, its the first to I can't get any of them interested in at all. I also can't get them into Zelda either they prefer Ninja Gaiden which is fine by me.

The only game system Nintendo ever made that I regret selling and miss dearly to this day is the Game Cube. They have been consistent enough with re-releasing their must have games from NES to N64 but it seems like all the greats from Game Cube are ignored for no good reason.

I will say this, SMB3 was good enough to get a 90 minute theatrically released commercial show me any other game in history that can make that claim.
Trying to be a better person, honest.