Author Topic: First English Tomodachi Collection: New Life screens  (Read 2814 times)

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
First English Tomodachi Collection: New Life screens
« on: March 27, 2014, 06:10:07 PM »
Courtesy of Tiny Cartridge. http://tinycartridge.com/post/80909410054/guys-guys-tomodachi-collection-heres

I have a bit of a tiny cartridge myself, and I drive big expensive cars to mask my insecurities.

Anyway, I've been wanting this game to make it across the Pacific since it was announced in Japan. These are the types of games I just submit hundreds of hours to! Anyone else looking forward to this game?
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: First English Tomodachi Collection: New Life screens
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 06:35:03 PM »
Yes and yes. Looking forward to this one and the Disney Animal Crossing one (whatever it's called) releasing next month. Love farting around with these happy-happy-Japanesey games.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 06:53:19 PM »
Disney Magical World... I want to say. Definitely wanting that one next month! :D
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline terribledeli

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 09:15:23 PM »
Sign me up.

I had sorta lost hope since we hadn't heard much about localization effort, with the exception of that minor mention in the WSJ article.
NNID: terribledeli
3DSFC: 0645-5771-9850

Offline Dan Laser

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 07:36:50 PM »
Wow, I figured this game would never leave Japan! So excited.

Here's a French gameplay video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBOiaer03tQ

I guess I'll add that the video is pretty self explanatory without english. The titles are pretty much just saying “Create your Mii, choose their voice” (and the character is saying their name), Give them a personality, take care of them, feed them. The characters say “I’m hungry”, “I need an accessory”, “I feel like eating (i don’t know what she says)”. Decorate their houses (“Thank you for the new decor, it’s very nice”). Give them gifts. Stuff like that.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 05:13:01 PM by Dan Laser »

Offline terribledeli

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 11:37:32 PM »
So its official folks.

June 6th for NA/EU.

Offline Kosmo

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 08:20:11 PM »
It looks pretty fun, so I might get it. I only wish that the same-sex glitch/option was kept in. :c

Offline terribledeli

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 12:18:57 AM »
It looks pretty fun, so I might get it. I only wish that the same-sex glitch/option was kept in. :c

Since the glitch only ever caused the system to incorrectly identify male characters as female, could it truly be viewed as a same-sex option in a true capacity?

The inability to create a lesbian relationship, to me, would have been more harmful. It could interpreted as Nintendo saying "Male/male relationships are acceptable, but keep those female/female ones locked in the closet"

Of course, this is ignoring the fact the glitch would cause the game not to boot up or save properly.