Author Topic: GBA Ambassador Games Available Everywhere  (Read 15107 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: GBA Ambassador Games Available Everywhere
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2011, 08:20:44 PM »
I was able to download mine at 3AM EST, which is midnight Pacific time, where NOA is located. From what I can tell, other regions received their games at this time in their local time equivalent, which is ahead of North America. So NA is not late one bit.

Now, making an announcement is another matter, but I don't feel like getting into that.

Offline Discostew

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2011, 08:41:36 PM »
The colors are a little washed out, and I'm noticing a little motion-blur when I play. Still, this is great to have these games. Also, I know some people complained about the NES/GB games not having a Y+B option, but this at least has the X+A if you don't like B+A.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2011, 09:27:07 PM »
Some of the artifacts are from the scaling process (ghosting/motion blur) since they aren't in integers. Another is because the games are more than likely still keyed to the original GBA which means they are either too dark or too light depending when it was made. Also because the image is scaled, each virtual pixel gets a little more light, washing it out. You can unscale the image to have 1:1 pixel ratio by holding down start or select on start up, gives you a far more accurate picture, but of course the picture is tiny.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline StrawHousePig

• a tag
  • Score: -8
    • View Profile
    • Title available upon http request.
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2011, 12:06:37 AM »
What the dealio with no sleep mode for these puppies? Not even the Home button will freeze the game state. The NES VC games the Home button brings you to the suspended software 3DS main menu. Even DSiWare games will freeze when you push the Home button.

*face-palm*

Other than that this was an awesome bonus. One that we (early adopters) were 100% entitled to the moment Nintendo stated we were. *face-palmx2*
Old gamers never die, we just run out of quarters.

Offline NeoThunder

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2011, 02:21:58 AM »
Am I the only person who thinks the colors look a little washed out on GBA titles. It must be the larger screen and different resolutions
Wii# 4120-9638-2308-7614
<BR>
<BR>Mario Kart# 3178-8705-8094
<BR>
<BR>Faith is the complete surrender and acceptence of total control

Offline NeoThunder

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2011, 03:11:57 AM »
I stand corrected. After comparison of GBA SP (lower powered backlight version) and same game running on 3DS. The clear winner is 3DS. Ever so slightly blurry, but the color looks better on 3DS.

When compared to DS lite it is very close to call, and comes down to personal preference.
Wii# 4120-9638-2308-7614
<BR>
<BR>Mario Kart# 3178-8705-8094
<BR>
<BR>Faith is the complete surrender and acceptence of total control

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2011, 04:48:04 AM »
Downloaded them all last night. I decided to start with Wario Land 4, which I have almost no memory of. There was some contention between reviewers when The Shake Dimension for Wii was released over which Wario game was better. I have a feeling that the latter will win that match-up in my mind, but all the same, I'd like to see how WL4 holds up.
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."