Author Topic: New Super Mario Brothers 2?  (Read 11714 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:New Super Mario Brothers 2?
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2007, 01:48:07 AM »

Originally posted by: IceCold

Originally posted by: Smoke39
It was a SHOE, not a BOOT.
Kuribo's shoe, to boot..

I crack myself up.
I remember reading that it was probably a mistranslation or something, at it was probably meant to be "Goomba's Shoe".  I forget what "Jugem's Cloud" was about though, especially since "Lakitu" sounds like a name that was never translated to begin with.  I'm sure Wikipedia has some answers.  EDIT: Ah, Lakitu's Japanese name is "Jugemu".  Weird.  Apparently later games' manuals (I assume they mean All-Stars and/or Advance 4) call them "Goomba's Shoe" and "Lakitu's Cloud".

THE MORE YOU KNOW ....*

Offline Mysticspike

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • Bim Dizzle
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2007, 09:59:39 AM »

Originally posted by: mysticspike
i think it would be a good game. you can check out my post on the forum for the first one using my other, nonworking name, spike. super mario 2 would be a fun game to check out.

nevermind what i said here i was talking about super mario 64 DS
Someday, I will make my own Fantasy Factory to make all of my lifelong dreams come true...

Banana Productions<- Check out my Youtube channel.

Offline MarioAllStar

• Weird and Wonderful
    • View Profile
RE: New Super Mario Brothers 2?
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2007, 04:52:20 AM »
Actually, the Super Mario All-Stars version of SMB3 (SNES) is more like the Japanese original than the North American version of SMB3 (NES). Go to this page and search for instances of "All-Stars" for examples.
Thanks for listening.

Offline Mesu

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2007, 07:09:07 PM »
I hope they add F.L.O.O.D. to the next 2d mario game.

That would problaby work well since the rocket and turbo nozzles basically moved mario in 2 dimensions anyways.

It could open up the level design to have more secret areas and difficult jumps(if they designed some later levels so that you replenishing the water tank wasn't always an option so you have to be careful not to waste water), plus I would like water cannon a bunch of hammer bros. guarding a secret area.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2007, 11:02:17 PM »
That might work, but FLUDD was designed so that it took away the imprecision of platforming in the 3D world. 2D games are much more accurate worlds for platforming.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline LuigiHann

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2007, 05:08:45 AM »

Originally posted by: IceCold
That might work, but FLUDD was designed so that it took away the imprecision of platforming in the 3D world. 2D games are much more accurate worlds for platforming.

I've played a demo of a fan-made flash game that used the FLUDD in 2D. It works fairly well. Functions something like Yoshi's flutter jump. I wouldn't mind seeing it used in a real DS game.  

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2007, 01:19:18 AM »
I would rather a 2D Mario game incorporate all the different jumps in Mario 64 before adding flood...that alone would open up huge level design possibilities.

Also I would like there to be some levels focused on vertical scrolling relying on some advanced wall jumping skills.  

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2007, 01:43:26 AM »
There's a reason most of the M64 jumps were removed again in SMS. Most are just redundant and unnecessarily confusing. Donkey Kong has all the jumps you need.