Author Topic: New Wii U Deluxe Bundle Offers ZombiU and Pro Controller  (Read 1872 times)

Offline tylerohlew

• NWR Staff
  • Score: -2
    • View Profile
New Wii U Deluxe Bundle Offers ZombiU and Pro Controller
« on: February 08, 2013, 11:11:09 AM »

Nintendo Land and ZombiU, a match made in heaven.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/33248

Nintendo will be releasing a new Wii U Deluxe Set that bundles in ZombiU and a Wii U Pro Controller. It will be available February 17 in North America, and carries a suggested price of $389.99.

As a Deluxe Set, the bundle still includes a black 32 GB Wii U, however, Nintendo Land is offered as a free download rather than a physical disc. It is unclear if Nintendo Land is pre-installed or must be downloaded later. Nintendo notes the bundle provides $70 in savings.

Additionally, a book with artwork and commentary from the ZombiU development team is included. As a Deluxe Set, the bundle allows access to the Digital Deluxe Program, which provides 10% of eShop purchases back to the consumer as points, which can then be redeemed in $5 increments for use on the Wii U or 3DS eShop.

There is no word on whether this bundle will ship with the updated firmware. We've reached out to Nintendo for comment.

Europe received a similar bundle at the Wii U's launch, however, it did not contain Nintendo Land or the art book. As of this writing, Amazon UK has the product listed at £299.00, which currently translates to $472.54 USD.

You can read Andy's review of ZombiU here.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: New Wii U Deluxe Bundle Offers ZombiU and Pro Controller
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 11:14:15 AM »
I wonder how the Raymen news will effect the sales of this bundle.  Won't ever truly know which sort of stinks.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Razorkid

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 01:02:57 PM »
I don't think the Rayman news will affect the sales of this bundle at all as that primarily only affects current WiiU owners interested in the game.  People who were waiting for a better deal for the WiiU just got it with this though.  Having these 2 games (plus picking MarioU) would fill out a new owners library nicely until more retail games come in March and that doesn't include  eShop titles. 

It's a great bundle, one which I would have love to have taken advantage of as it literally includes 2 out of 3  games that I got at launch along with a pro controller (which I do not own).  I do not regret my purchase of the system at launch and hope this bundle entices more people to experience WiiU and those games in particular. It's a great value.
"All the world is blind to my passing..."

Offline PhDintendo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 03:25:16 PM »
If my system had not been a gift, this is what I would be buying.  I don't think too many people were waiting for Rayman to buy the system.

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 05:15:16 PM »
After reading this I instantly knew I this was the tipping point for me. I was going to get a Wii U sometime anyway, but this is the bundle I want unless something better comes out- Same deal, but with Pikmin maybe?
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 06:09:19 PM »
Well, my plan is to buy a system in May when I visit friends in Oregon.  If this bundle is available still when I go, I'll probably get it.

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 10:27:18 PM »
Exclusive DLC turns all the zombies into Ubisoft executives! Happy hunting! :D

Offline PhDintendo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 09:03:32 AM »
Executives.... Hah, that would be a system seller!

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 10:26:26 AM »
however, NintendoLand is offered...

Sweet, trade fodder.

...as a free download rather than a physical disc.

You bastards.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.