Author Topic: Miyamoto Changing His Gaming Style, Developers Have Yet to Add Uniqueness to Wii U Games  (Read 15349 times)

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
You can turn off the screen.

Not while you're using the controller.  The moment you press any button, the screen comes back on again.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Yes, you can. If you have a Wii U Pro controller or a Wii Remote you can back out of the menu and back onto Netflix. If you use a Wii Remote you can take the batteries out to shut it off.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Yes, you can. If you have a Wii U Pro controller or a Wii Remote you can back out of the menu and back onto Netflix. If you use a Wii Remote you can take the batteries out to shut it off.

I tried that with netflix but my wii-remote wasn't working, even though it was clearly paired with it. Thinking back, I think the sensor bar was plugged into the wii at the time... that might be why... oops.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile

Which is fine if you're using Netflix, but not if Nintendo's forcing you to use the damn GamePad for something like New Super Mario Bros. U.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile

Which is fine if you're using Netflix, but not if Nintendo's forcing you to use the damn GamePad for something like New Super Mario Bros. U.

Exactly. wow me and broodwars agree on something :D
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline JasonMaivia

• On the ShyGuy list.
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile

About New Super Mario Bros. U
  We're still stuck with Wii remotes for multipayer, thanks to the gyro and waggle controls added to the game.  If only Nintendo had added these features to the more comfortable-looking Pro Controller...

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile

We're still stuck with Wii remotes for multipayer, thanks to the gyro and waggle controls added to the game.  If only Nintendo had added these features to the more comfortable-looking Pro Controller...
I have this, works like a charm (be warned, is not a replacement for a Wii U Pro Controller, but for the classic controller pro, wii remote, and nunchuk). I love using it with NSMBU and Xenoblade.

http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Controller-Wii-Nintendo-U-6304900/dp/B009O3WU2A

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile

I have this, works like a charm (be warned, is not a replacement for a Wii U Pro Controller, but for the classic controller pro, wii remote, and nunchuk). I love using it with NSMBU and Xenoblade.

http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Controller-Wii-Nintendo-U-6304900/dp/B009O3WU2A

I think I need this...

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
It even has IR pointer functionality and gyro controls built-in so it can mimic everything a Wii Remote can do.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
How does this work? Do you have to switch the modes from wiimote to nunchuck to CCPro? How console even determines what this is.

Also based on the picture i can't see D-pad being comfortable to use.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
It's actually very comfortable. You can tell the game what "mode" its in by using a little switch on the controller.

I also use it as a bluetooth controller for my iPod Touch/PC.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
I also use it as a bluetooth controller for my iPod Touch/PC.
How do you connect it to PC?

I use gloverpie to connect wiimote and classic controller but it's kinda of hassle setting it up each time. Nowadays, i can't be bothered and just use xbox 360 controller even if its' dpad is pretty horrible for 2d games (played Mega Man 2 with it this saturday)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 12:19:09 AM by azeke »
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
Yeah, I also use glovepie. Treat the controller just like a Wii Remote when setting it up, and it should work. The amazing d-pad (sadly, better than any of Nintendo's official d-pads) is worth the extra time setting up.

Offline JasonMaivia

• On the ShyGuy list.
    • View Profile
It looks like something I would have bought years ago for the Wii.  But unfortunately, according to one reviewer, where you'd use the 1 and 2 buttons to run and jump for a game like New Super Mario Bros., you'll have to use the Y and X buttons on this controller.

Here's why I wish for every video game console/game to have a way to reconfigure your controllers freely, including being able to switch analog stick and dpad uses.

But...holy christ, this controller would have been frickin' sweet to have.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
You could change the button map to something that fits your liking.

...or you could listen to some idiot on Amazon. :P

Offline JasonMaivia

• On the ShyGuy list.
    • View Profile
You could change the button map to something that fits your liking.

...or you could listen to some idiot on Amazon. :P

Multiple people are saying this on Amazon about the Y/X button thing.
Plus, many games, like New Super Mario Bros. Wii doesn't let you re-configure buttons.  Does the controller let you, and those reviewers are unaware of it?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 02:38:07 AM by JasonMaivia »