Author Topic: GCN Succesor Takes Shape  (Read 5911 times)

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
GCN Succesor Takes Shape
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2003, 02:01:53 AM »
Oh ok, i understand what you mean. I think everyone would have a DVD player by the year 2005 anyway.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: GCN Succesor Takes Shape
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2003, 05:04:23 AM »
i wont

Offline Nintega

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
GCN Succesor Takes Shape
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2003, 08:02:13 AM »
I think the price of the next gen console will play a part in the success of it.  There was so many price drop this gen that I think consumers know that a console shouldn't cost $300 or more.  If Xbox didn't do the 2 game bundle, it wouldn't have sold like it has.

I hope that when the next Nintendo console launches, Nintendo should just release 1 or 2 1st party games and the rest all third party.  But some of those third party games should be exclusive.  I'd like Nintendo to get an exclusive game that they know we would buy but not that they think would sell.  Think about it, if the console launched at $150, it leaves the consumer more money to spend on games.  We would have less to worry about what 1 game to get at launch but what 3-4 games we should get.  A console priced at $150 with some exclusive(good) third party games would be a killer launch.  

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2003, 08:19:49 PM »
I hope Nintendo sets the price were its super competitve maybe accually staying in the red with each console sold for more than a couple of months.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline AdvancedGamer

• View Profile
GCN Succesor Takes Shape
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2003, 03:22:06 AM »
Personally I'm not falling for Nintendo's sh&* at launch unless I'm really impressed. I lost so much money. It cost me $300 to get gamecube, super smash bros, a memory card 51, and an extra controller. But wasn't I surprised to find out that if I waited a year or half a year, all the good releases titles went down in price, all the new very good titles came out, there's a new memory card that holds alot more than memory card 51 but is the same proce that 51 was at launch, there would have been an awesome new wireless controller, the price would have gone down 50 and I would have gotten one of the hit titles free with it. I'm pissed and I learned my lessen though, I lost about hundreds of dollars buying gamecube at launch. So personally I'm not fallin for this again unless I'm really really impressed.
Video Games-
Why waste good technology on medicine and science?

Now Playing: Zelda: TP (GC)
Mario Kart (DS)
NSMB (DS)

Offline AdvancedGamer

• View Profile
GCN Succesor Takes Shape
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2003, 03:28:32 AM »
Some good suggestions for N at launch- Killer titles, Metroid and a realistic Zelda would really be good. (realistic so it would make Nintendo look cool) NOT a pokemon title, o ya that would really help nintendo's image. I would like a pokemon RPG however but think about it, they shouldn't release it at launch. Backwords compatibilitey with controllers and games. Nice, sexy, macho lookin console, NOT PURPLE. Awesome advertising campaingn (Does anybody remember "get N or get out" it made it look cool to have a 64) Also what if they released a bundle with the next mario together with it free like SNES. THat would be really nice.
Video Games-
Why waste good technology on medicine and science?

Now Playing: Zelda: TP (GC)
Mario Kart (DS)
NSMB (DS)

Offline Atma

• View Profile
GCN Succesor Takes Shape
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2003, 11:37:45 PM »
It'd be nice if it were had a worldwide release, and would be even better if it were region free (game wise), as that would allow for easier releases (eg. the NTSC version could be released in English PAL territories, possibly with some appropriate spelling fixes), and Australian Nintendo gamers wouldn't really be screwed over by NoAus.

Offline Tael

• View Profile
GCN Succesor Takes Shape
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2003, 01:11:29 AM »

Originally posted by: Atma
...the NTSC version could be released in English PAL territories, possibly with some appropriate spelling fixes...
Keep dreaming, they've never changed the spelling, so why would they start doing it in the future?

Offline aoi tsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2003, 02:48:18 AM »
i still think people will pay more for something they feel has more features. If price was such a crux for consumers, then the GC would be consistently beating the XB in system sales. And if a lower price at launch mattered that much, GC would've creamed Xbox in launch sales. i also think Nintendo's trying to increase the value of buying the system by adding a free game, or bundling the GB Player instead of simply dropping the price.

"Snake felt a hunger for Meryl blossom within his loins."

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2003, 10:27:23 PM »
The price drops went into effect because of the third player in the Market. And usally game price do fall rather quickly after being out a couple of months. Consoles usally take long but I think we will see a similar thing happen again but not as fast Microsoft forced things because they were trying to get a user base. The next gen they will have a returning user base making the need to try and undercut the competition.
But if it does expect the average game price to rise about $50.00.

One of the down sides to waiting for the price drops on all three consoles. (Since they will probally keep doing it unisin.) Is that you will have to wait over 6 months to get any new gaming in.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2003, 03:17:50 AM »
it would be crap for Nintendo if EVERYONE waited for a price drop.
so just have the price so cheap to begin with!
I mean, EB is selling GCs for AUS$199, and XBox and PS2 for AUS$329.

I think its so weird how much people are willing to pay just to be cool.
I mean, GC was what, AUS$300 at launch, while XBox and PS2 were over AUS$700 at launch. That meant that the DVD playback cost like AUS$400 extra! PLUS, you had to pay and EXTRA $40 just for DVD playback on Xbox.
I don't get it with some people.
You could buy a GC and a decent DVD player for cheaper than that.

If that's the extra I have to pay for a DVD player next gen, PLUS some OTHER features they will put on it, screw them.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence