Author Topic: Miyamoto Confirms Revolution Control for Zelda  (Read 41862 times)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
RE:Miyamoto Confirms Revolution Control for Zelda
« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2006, 02:35:01 PM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother

Finally found an appropriate image to summarize the thread...

nice!

My thoughts exactly. Alot of you out there are making it seem as if you can only play TP on the revolution. It's not the case. Nintendo just added the option too. You all know you're going to buy the game the day it comes out, rush home to pop it into your GC and forget that anything else is happening around you. By the time you finish it, guess what!? REVOLUTION! (hopefully) Then if you CHOOSE to, key word there, you can play with the new controller. Know what else? there are people out there that might not have enough dough to spend on the revolution and more than atleast one game, if they so happen to have TP then they have another rev game to experiance. I know i almost didnt afford a game the day i bought my cube (the store i got it from ripped me off for the last one...) Does it mean that TP is going to be the pinnacle launch title for revolution? no. does it mean that it's going to be the only true 'revolutionary' experiance with the new controller, no. its simply an added option to give you a taste of whats to come. might it come off as gimicky, probably (cuz you know Ian thinks so) but its not meant to be a revolution title, it just has revolution in mind.
also theres a few post i read that are getting your facts a little confused. yes reggie said that only revolution titles will take advantage of the motion-sensing control, and yes TP is going to be a gamecube game. it seems like those two statements conflict but ya gotta keep in mind that TP was most likely re-worked to include the programming to make it playable on revolution. i hope that cleared things up for ya.

by the way this is my first post, I'm Mike and nice to meet everyong. I felt i had to make this topic my first post because lately i've read nothing but whines. anyone have cheese? (bad joke sorry)
you're making it out to seem as if this is somehow the end of the world. i like this news. sure im dissapointed about the delay, and i dont want to believe that its simply delayed just to release closer to revolution, but it might be the case. know what, instead of complaining i'll just add more to my library. i dont get to play games as much as i used to but since TP isng coming for awhile, i get to go back and enjoy some things i missed. I just discovered Donkey Konga... even this will hold me off until TP as long as i dont get sick of my friends.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
RE: Miyamoto Confirms Revolution Control for Zelda
« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2006, 03:11:53 PM »
Yes its an option, but its really lame in my eyes, and is not worth the trouble, like adding analog stick to a Link to the Past. I think that I cant be more clear than with that example.

And I should clarify:

I dont think the game will be bad, and I have never said that!

also, I dont think that revolution will fail and that Nintendo wont deliver, I just have my doubts, doubts that have never existed in my long track as Nintendo fanboy which is upsetting and thats why I have to vent as much as I can .

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline RiskyChris

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2006, 03:33:29 PM »
An analog stick would be fun for link to the past if it meant I could aim arrows in all radial directions.

Analogy dismantled.

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2006, 03:47:17 PM »
why would it be fun? the enemies, combat system and puzzles are constructed around the limitations of the dpad and its 4 directions (8 technically), shooting arrows in radial directions its just as empty as all the embellishments that the 360 and the ps3 want to put in games with their HD crap, it would be waste... unless the combat system and enemies are reprogrammed for this, and you get enemies attacking you from all directions and you can swap them quickly with the bow, which guess what? never happens with the orginal because it would be frustrating with just the dpad.

see?

haha sorry but Ill never stop until all my anger is vent, after it Ill probably wont even care for the damn game
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2006, 03:49:10 PM »
I find it funny that people in here are stating stuff about how the Rev features in TP will be utilized, when no one knows yet! Analog stick in LTTP is the best argument? When you have a fully 3D controller, it has potential to add much more than something as simple as "analog" in LTTP.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2006, 03:59:36 PM »
i also notice alot of you take things waaaay to personally ;-D

its cool that its your opinion but lighten up, just a lil. i'd hate to see your head blow up. i'm only new to posting in the forums, but i've read alot of good and iteresting things that all you different characters have had to say in the past. thought it was cool enough to join the forums myself, so i'd hate to see a fellow pgc user go bye  bye.

i do agree that analog in LTtP would blow hard, but i dont see motion-sensing in TP the same as you do. thats just my opinion. i'm hoping nintendo will make it worht the wait though. the game will no-doubt be stellar, whether they had years, months, weeks or days to come up with the story (i didnt think WW had a bad story at all) but i want to be blown away by the reVmote in TP. If not i'll just stick to playing it GC style, no biggy in my eyes.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2006, 04:12:07 PM »
well, the reason of my anger is personal,  I feel cheated as a GC owner, but I have to live with it so Ill leave it at that. my concerns on the outcome of the controller are speculation of course, but also based on this direction that I see Nintendo taking with the game. Some of you see it differently, well, I can understand that view but cannot share it, this is basically the only game we've seen for the revolution, I cant help to start judging the console by this game, is the only one we have any information about.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 16, 2006, 04:34:42 PM »
i can understand why you feel that way. i wish i had as much time to put into video games as i did when i was say 12 or 13, but sadly i dont. i knew before i bought my gamecube that life would turn out this way and knew that the only games i would get and devote my off-time to would be those nintendo titles, the only ones worth getting in my eyes. i dont feel cheated though, dissapointed yes but not cheated. business is business and i think this is a wise move on their part if it helps add to launch and not be the only reason to own a revolution right away. i say in the meantime, play something else. i only recently bought a ds, and with it im discovering a bunch of GBA games i've always wanted to play but never did becouse i didnt own one. go back and re-master that game that always gave you a hard time, add a few more titles to your library, or even go on a retro-rix and hook up that NES and see how many stages you can get thru without your game freezing and your game turning blue pink or green. or if you're really that into zelda do what i do, go back adn play every one from start to finish. hell now that i have an SP i finally get to use that damned tingle tuner!!!
my point is just wait till E3. its comin up pretty fast. if by then we don't see any solid games or gameplay...i'll be right there ranting with ya.

edit- i dont know if the above statement makes sense anymore. i am very tired and don't understand anything i wrote. heres hoping it makes sense to you

Offline croumeli

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 16, 2006, 04:59:24 PM »
****WARNING****
READ PURE IGNORANCE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
****WARNING****
The two quotes below were "surprisingly" stated by the most ignorant person in this forum.  I don't need to state any names because his ignorance speaks for itself.
****WARNING****

1. "oh god lets hope not, if non GC owners need TP with this lame functionality to pick up a Revolution"

2.  "my concern is what this means for revolution games, you are happy with some gimm!ck first person aiming
Im expecting a hell of a lot more because the controller can offer that, and if Nintendo thinks that just adding remote to old games is acceptable as good game design then its time for me to stick with PC games and forget theirs."

So, please forgive his preschool whining for he does not know what he says.....

Look man you have never even played TP with the "sparkling innovation" functionality that you are refering to.  How can you immediately
pass it off as a "sparkling innovation" when you have never EVEN played it to verify it as a "sparkling innovation?"  You can't possibly build an opinion and state it's a "sparkling innovation" without trying the stated functionality out??????

People like you need to step back and actually think about a thing called "reasoning" before you make your scandalous "sparkling innovationy" claims.  I bet you 100% of the people reading my reply, including you (but sadly will never admit), agree with the fact that your statement is based on pure ignorance, and even worse mere self-fullfilling speculation!

If you do not like the news.... go ahead and blame it on the fact that you like to whine....that would actually be more acceptable to the readers of this forum....but please do not judge this functionality as a "sparkling innovation" unless you have complete...concrete...proof....and can form an "honest" opinion about things.

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 16, 2006, 05:08:35 PM »
Sorry if you get angry, but thats they way I see it, and yes, I or you can predict  the outcome of things based on current evidence. I know the type of gameplay traditional Zelda offers, I know it very well, and I also know the kind of functionality the remote offers, screaming and flaming me because Im "ignorant" and I cannot form an "honest" opinion without trying it is just silly, lets not comment then on anything revolution related because none of us have tried it and we cannot form an "honest" opinion on it... please...

Offline croumeli

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 16, 2006, 05:10:51 PM »
No....please.....let's go ahead and comment on your pure ignorance....cause we at least have concrete evidence of that...

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 16, 2006, 05:14:59 PM »
Ive explain my position more than once since the first anouncement from the english magazine was made, you instead, have not, you are just flaming me because you dont like what Im saying, tough luck buddy, but your argument is pretty weak, it also makes "ignorant" everyone who thinks this is a good idea, because no one has tried it.

Offline croumeli

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 16, 2006, 05:28:07 PM »
"ok....buddy....please.....buddy.....but your argument is pretty weak, it also makes "ignorant" everyone who thinks this is a good idea, because no one has tried it"

---WHAT IN THE HELL DID YOU JUST TRY TO SAY?????

you need to practice proper english grammar before you claim my argument is pretty weak.....or even begin to claim that I'm ignorant to justify your pathetic ignorant whining....I have yet to make one statement that lacked evidence....

.....but I guess ignorance is truly bliss.....for those ignorant, shall remain ignorant....and shall die happily ignorant....because of their rather ironic, sad, and unfortunately blinding ignorance....

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 16, 2006, 05:38:32 PM »
A few people have coined the term "Preemptive Bitching" in this thread, and no, you probably DON'T know who you are.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 16, 2006, 05:42:38 PM »
Come on people, relax, there's no point in discussing like this until we get our hands on it or at least watch plenty of footage. I know it can get stressfull to have something you love get delayed, it is only 3 more days until GDC and unless they don't reveal anything Zelda or REV related (doubtful I am of that) it will get even worse, so sit back comfortably and use your free time with something else. Or at least try to vent off your anger/stress/unhappiness in some other way. There's no point in bickering.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 16, 2006, 05:54:42 PM »

Originally posted by: EasyCure
by the way this is my first post, I'm Mike and nice to meet everyong. I felt i had to make this topic my first post because lately i've read nothing but whines. anyone have cheese? (bad joke sorry)
Hey! Welcome to the forums.. You may want to sign in to the Newbie Check-In Thread - hope you stick around for awhile.

croumeli - Lay off..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 16, 2006, 06:07:03 PM »
Don't worry Mantidor, you've explained your position many times, and I agree with you, we'd just be repeating ourselves to continue. For those that say "OMG these types of people ALWAYS find something to complain about" well I don't know about anyone else but this is the first thing i've been angry about at Nintendo for a LONG time, and I don't think anyone would complain if they just left it GC only the way it was supposed to be. This move is just pure greed to try and force the loyal GC fans over to Rev, I thought Nintendo was all about the gamers?

Offline croumeli

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 16, 2006, 06:09:51 PM »
WOW....I'M SHOCKED....both of you are just pathetic....

IceCold - "Please croumeli don't hurt his feelings....lay off...okay....please....lay off....we all know he whines....but he's ignorant
and so he sadly can't really tell that he's actually whining just to whine....but he likes to whine okay!!!....so he should....and he's my bestest bestest friend okay.....so.....just....just.....lay off, okay....just laaaaayoooooffahh...."

and to anyone else that's pathetic in this forum.....please let me know if I did anything wrong....and please feel free to tell me to layoff as well....hahaha

Offline RiskyChris

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 16, 2006, 06:13:19 PM »
I think the way you expressed your opinion was very childish and rash, yes.

Please use constructive posts when critiquing others.

Offline croumeli

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 16, 2006, 06:23:46 PM »
I am not expressing my opinion....I am merely expressing fact....

"THIS WILL BE GIMMIIIKKKY functionality....I feel sooo cheated......I can't believe this news, even though I have not yet played it.....I can justifiably whine with my rather baseless and ignorant whines!!!"

So I guess ignorant whining...is not "childish and rash"....and all of a sudden.....it's actually the really mature thing to do?

Offline RiskyChris

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 16, 2006, 06:39:50 PM »
Enjoy your vacation.

I don't agree with his thoughts, but I don't think he's expressing himself in an inappropriate way.

Offline croumeli

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 16, 2006, 06:46:31 PM »
I'm actually really enjoying the fact that he quit whining.....as his posts were full of rather annoying but
"appropriate whining"

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 16, 2006, 06:47:28 PM »
croumeli, this is the only warning I'll give you.  If I see you try to flame another user, you will be banned.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline croumeli

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 16, 2006, 06:52:10 PM »
LOL....sorry bloodworth....I'll quit my "flaming" immediately....I must of hurt many feelings here.....so tell me, do I have another chance if I change and start ignorantly whining for everyone else's good?

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 16, 2006, 06:57:22 PM »
Disagreeing with somebody's reaction is fine.  I don't agree with them on this one.  I think the functionality might be cool, and we don't even know half the story yet.  

You can certainly call attention to the fact that there's nothing TO judge, nothing TO call lame, except a vague notion that the Rev. controller will somehow be used.  

What you can't do is completely belittle and demean people by repeatedly calling them "ignorant" and "pathetic" and going overboard to make them look stupid.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers