Author Topic: Vanessa Z. S... dancing?  (Read 11916 times)

Offline RK4ever

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Vanessa Z. S... dancing?
« on: February 07, 2003, 04:48:03 PM »
Has anyone seen the trailer of PN03 with Vanessa dancing and shooting lasers out of her hands?   That footage alone made me want to import this game in March.  It's nice to see a developer willing to try something new for a change.   Anyone else excited about this game?    
"No point in introducing myself to the dead..."

Offline Moonwatcher

• View Profile
Vanessa Z. S... dancing?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2003, 06:10:18 PM »
Getting rid of that gun was a huge improvement in my opinion.  It is nice to see that the game is taking a different direction.  Just hope it dosn't turn out to be as repetitive as what we've seen so far suggests.  I have high hopes though.
"Anything that, in happening, cuases itself to happen again, happens again.

It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order, though."

Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Offline Sean

• View Profile
PN03 Discussion
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2003, 07:38:31 AM »
I think everyone's talked about, elsewhere, how the new spastic-ballerina-on-acid style of the lead character is a little...well...odd, at best.  However, if it's fun, so what?  And we all know the graphics are unbelievably killer.  Speaking of killer, Killer 7 looks incredible.
"I think that if the devil does not exist,
and man has therefore created him,
he has created him in his own image and likeness."
from Fyodor Dostoevsky's THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
PN03 Discussion
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2003, 07:46:16 AM »
Yeah this game looks awesome, if it lives up to my high expectations, its another 50bucks for Capcom/Nintendo.

I think this game will be a sucess, its amazing graphics, new and unique style and Mikamis talent should really make this a hit.
LZ 2005

Offline StRaNgE

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
PN03 Discussion
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2003, 07:48:57 AM »
i am very looking forward to this game, hopefully it cannot be beat in 2 - 4 hours.

PN03 Discussion
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2003, 07:51:59 AM »
I'm not sure about having removed the weapon, already a lot of people are starting to complain for it and those dancing moves. Oh well, is what they think anyway. Personally this isn't my type of game, it plays much like Devil May Cry, pure insane action, I think I prefer Resident Evil.

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
PN03 Discussion
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2003, 08:28:46 AM »
What indicates the weapon was removed, this looks more like alternative attacking possibilities.
Im thinking this game will be bigger than DMC, and I also hope to see some other settings/environments then desert and spacestation.  
LZ 2005

Offline Dr Synthetic

• View Profile
PN03 Discussion
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2003, 09:45:19 AM »
I seriously doubt this'll be bigger than Devil May Cry, due to the significantly lower install base of the GameCube, as well as the less "bad-ass" appearance of Vanessa.  I also think that the futuristic setting of the game, while attractive and marketable, doesn't have the same mass appeal that Devil May Cry's setting has.

Then again, if the gameplay is there, maybe it could move a lot of consoles.  Here's hoping it's not just Devil May Cry with different characters and settings.
I'll show you a trick with ants...

Offline bryanee

• View Profile
PN03 Discussion
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2003, 09:48:59 AM »
after downloadin the new trailer i must say i want this, soon as its out in usa it'll be in my grubby british mitts, the visuals are sublime everything is well animated, the dancing kind of moves she has are a little wierd to watch at first but i dont care, and glad theres not poxy gun, it may not have the mainstream attention that devil may cry had but it looks like it will be much better to play.
That lady is all kinds of naked!!!!!

Offline Darc Requiem

• View Profile
PN03 Discussion
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2003, 11:03:29 AM »
I was hoping for a new trailer, its the same one from last month in a different video format. Well the game still looks cool and I will buy it. Anyone know of a general US release date. I know it hits in Japan next month but as for here I have no idea. Summer, maybe Fall?

Darc Requiem
"Fiery words fuel debate and debate yields understanding."

Offline Grimlock

• View Profile
PN03 Discussion
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2003, 11:31:34 AM »
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I seriously doubt this'll be bigger than Devil May Cry, due to the significantly lower install base of the GameCube, as well as the less "bad-ass" appearance of Vanessa. I also think that the futuristic setting of the game, while attractive and marketable, doesn't have the same mass appeal that Devil May Cry's setting has.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Add to that the fact that it has the same release date as all three console versions of Soul Calibur 2 in Japan (March 27).

Anyway, I think it looks pretty cool.  Hopefully it will be really fun.  
Why you call me, Grimlock, stupid?  Me not stupid!

--from the Transformers G1 episode "Grimlock's New Brain", where he gets really smart and creates the Technobots

Offline BlackGriffen

• View Profile
PN03 Discussion
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2003, 12:07:55 PM »
My god, they've turned her in to a freakin poser! and I didn't see one shark with a laser beam...

BlackGriffen

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
PN03 Discussion
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2003, 02:43:10 AM »
GREAT NEWS for all PN03 fans and especially people worried about the game being tedious.

'Neue Infos zu P.N. 03

19.02.03 - Im Actionspiel P.N. 03 stehen Heldin Vanessa neun Kostüme in verschiedenen Farben zur Verfügung. Das schreibt die Famitsu in ihrer neuesten Ausgabe. Mit jedem Anzug verändern sich ihre Fähigkeiten und Angriffsarten. Release: 27.03.03 (Japan).'

Translated: Heroine Vanessa from action game PN03 has nine different suits in different colors at disposal. This is from the newest Famitus. Every suit changes her capabilities and attacks techniques.

I WANT THIS GAME SO BAD, even more after hearing this. Its also supposed to have a really epic story.
LZ 2005

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
PN03 Discussion
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2003, 05:07:00 AM »
No reaction? This news ought to make you happy.
LZ 2005

Offline egman

• View Profile
PN03 Discussion
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2003, 05:25:24 AM »
Hey, I'm happy.

I agree with others on this thread about the dancing thing. It should hopefully set us up for an extrodinary experince and provide us with some interesting gameplay that goes beyond the typical jump, strafe and shoot. Some people might be worried now about the dancing, but I was actually more worried  about the game before because nothing looked interesting about it accept the graphics.

I have to echo my sentiments from a post I just made in the F-Zero thread--These are the best times to be a fan of Nintendo, image and popularity be damned.  

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
PN03 Discussion
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2003, 06:54:05 AM »
I'm going to go absolutely crazy and say...I wish she was still fighting with guns.  Seriously, I'm the guy who loves cel-shaded Zelda, the guy who owns maybe two M rated games in a collection of nearly 100, the guy who thinks Mario on a tropical island is way cooler than Splinter Cell or Halo.  I'm also the guy who owns every "weird" game to ever be released on the N64, and yet...Dancing?...I mean...dancing?  Your giant guns are no match for my puny dance moves!  Of course, I'm not going to let a silly thing like that stop me from playing the game, but even I thought it was cooler before, and I'm a total fruit.

Someone mentioned the dance moves being "alternate attacks"; this is what I thought at first too but if you watch the original trailer there's no dancing at all, and there's a TON of gunplay.  In the newer trailers Vanessa is never seen using a gun at all.  After going back and comparing the "before and after" trailers, I'm convinced that the guns are gone for good.  Or until Capcom changes its mind again.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
PN03 Discussion
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2003, 06:55:51 AM »
One more thing!  I don't think dancing is going to improve the game.  I'm not just saying that from the "I want my guns" perspective, I'm saying I don't think the dancing thing is really going to add much to the gameplay that it didn't already have with guns.  But what do I know?  I obviously haven't played the game, that's just my prediction.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Demonhunter

• View Profile
PN03 Discussion
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2003, 07:03:47 AM »
*hoplessly lost* whats PNO3? lol... i'm new here

Offline EggyToast

• View Profile
PN03 Discussion
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2003, 09:21:16 AM »
Product Number 3, a new game coming out soon from Capcom.

And I don't see anything about how you have to control her dancing about.  They could just be variations on special attacks (rather than doing a spin jump, drop to the ground, and fire huge beams of energy, she does a spin jump, drops to the ground, and fires huge beams of energy *WITH STYLE!*), or they could just be her getting down with her bad self.  With the frequency of her boppin' around, it looks more like she's just really funky

I mean, she could just be so detached from her job that she's bored and has some headphone-style implants and likes to get down while blowing up robots.  I mean, the way she just stands there in a lot of the movies while robots and gunfire rain around her could definitely mean that she just doesn't give a damn.

Plus a lot of the projectile weapons look like some sort of compressed energy, rather than bullets.  If you're shooting energy, isn't it more accurate if you integrate that into your hands, which are very agile and precise, rather than holding on to a rather antiquated design (the gun) for an entirely different type of weapon?  You'd imagine a hyperfuturistic technology would be better integrated into people instead of held by someone, allowing it to not only be knocked away, but also include all of the limitations of a hand-held weapon.  Kudos to Capcom for actually thinking about futuristic technology, instead of just updating what's around now.

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
    • View Profile
PN03 Discussion
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2003, 09:21:22 AM »
It's a Capcom game for GC.

The only problem I have with this game is the potential repetitiveness. There's only so many times you can see some girl do a half-pirouette-laser-shot in the exact same way every time before it gets old.

Unless it's a real girl ... but I digress.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline EggyToast

• View Profile
PN03 Discussion
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2003, 11:10:43 AM »
As mr. rhoid said above:

Translated: Heroine Vanessa from action game PN03 has nine different suits in different colors at disposal. This is from the newest Famitus. Every suit changes her capabilities and attacks techniques.

So you won't see the same thing each level.  We've only seen one level so far, outside that building and inside, I assume.

Offline babble

• View Profile
PN03 Discussion
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2003, 11:31:02 AM »
I like the idea of going to a dancing/plasma shooting lady. But I find the dancing, jumping and moving animation REALLY unpolished. It looks like Capcom didn't have enough time to give these animations the smoothness they need. I found the same problems in the old preview when she had the guns. Look at her jump! She doesn't step down before jumping or when she lands. Weird...

But I really like the rest of what they showed us. Could this be, if the story mode is good, a Perfect Dark replacement?
All consoles are great, but not all games.

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
PN03 Discussion
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2003, 06:59:44 AM »
REMEMBER HOW I TOLD YOU ABOUT THE 9 SUITS?!?!?!

Well here they are  THE LINK
LZ 2005

Offline babble

• View Profile
PN03 Discussion
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2003, 07:13:46 AM »
If you go and look around the site linked above, you'll see that they're offering the game at a discount price!?
I don't know how much Yens are worth but here it is on the home page:
Instead of behing 6,800 yens it's gonna be 5,800 Y???

Can anyone convert this?
All consoles are great, but not all games.

Offline Christberg

• View Profile
PN03 Discussion
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2003, 07:19:09 AM »

Originally posted by: babble
If you go and look around the site linked above, you'll see that they're offering the game at a discount price!?
I don't know how much Yens are worth but here it is on the home page:
Instead of behing 6,800 yens it's gonna be 5,800 Y???

Can anyone convert this?

That'd be roughly 50 USD.  Last I checked it's around 100 yen per dollar- granted, that was a WHILE ago.

I'm looking forward to this game quite a bit myself.  It sure would be nice to see more than just the frst level of it though.