Author Topic: kill bill vol. 2  (Read 5210 times)

Offline rpglover

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
kill bill vol. 2
« on: April 10, 2004, 06:05:40 PM »
who's waiting for this movie???
the first one was great- i loved every minute of it- and i cant wait for the second one- who thinks this movie will kick ass

on a side note- i love tarantino, and i love his movies- he may be my favorite director
i call the big one bitey.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
RE: kill bill vol. 2
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2004, 08:42:53 PM »
yeah..ima get the movie hopefully(part 1) on tuesday
and then watch part 2 at the theater
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
RE:kill bill vol. 2
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2004, 09:13:13 PM »
I'm gonna see it.

Are they going to release the DVDs as a set?

Offline odifiend

• "Who's the tough guy now Vinnie?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2004, 06:06:10 AM »
I hope they do, but they already announced the first one will be released by itself April 13th.
Kiss the Cynic!

Offline Aretak

• Tekishuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2004, 08:36:05 AM »
I wonder if Tarantino will be able to make this one not suck goat balls? Because the first one kinda did.
DVDs | Games

"Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don't allow our peopl

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2004, 10:50:00 AM »
Hey wait..

Nah! It couldn't be...

Lifetaker?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2004, 01:10:31 PM »
*still has to see Vol 1*

I REALLY wanted to see volume one, but I turned 17 and no one else was old enough to get in so I had to wait another week for my friend to be old enough and then, the VERY weekend after he turned 17, the movie was out of theaters.  
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2004, 02:12:48 PM »
I'm just gonna get it out on DVD. I don't look old enough to get into it if it is an 18 (which it will be). Berny, why not just not tell them your age?

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2004, 03:32:13 PM »
Because, I wasn't about to go there alone. No fun. And like I said, the kid who was born closest to my birthday was born a week too late. I could have gotten in. The problem was him.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2004, 05:48:30 PM »

I wonder if Tarantino will be able to make this one not suck goat balls? Because the first one kinda did.

If you're going to rip on Kill Bill, I'd suggest not showing your DVD collection, as some are just plain hideous.

"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2004, 05:57:16 PM »
"I wonder if Tarantino will be able to make this one not suck goat balls? Because the first one kinda did."

you didnt like the first one- i loved it- it was a great film, and i thought it was pure tarantino- very stylish- but i heard that volume 2 is even better than vol. 1- i love tarantino- his movies are complete genius- pulp ficition is my favorite movie of all time, if not that, its in my top 2 or 3- have you ever seen that movie- i highly suggest it- just be prepaired for lots and lots of swearing

Offline evil intentions

• winged people + card battling = suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2004, 06:58:43 AM »
When I first saw this thread, I thought of you guys actually killing the Bill here...

Sorry Bill!
Quote<BR> Originally posted by: Hostile Creation<BR>
But yea, dead when muted was my intention. . . EVIL INTENTION THAT IS ha ha ha.
<BR><BR>Buy Baten Kaitos..you

Offline Zero_Plague

• Only Linkin Park understands
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2004, 06:02:27 PM »
My first opinion on watching the movie for the first time wasn't really positive to the film... although on my second viewing I happened to like it a lot more then what I had imagined.
As for the second installment, I couldn't resist but to read the script for it and find out what the last half hour of the movie sounded like.
I'm not going to spoil anything too much, but the villain face-off's were nothing compared to the first volume. It doesn't sound good on paper... but maybe when it is taken into the film it might turn out a little more interesting.

I'm not too much of a fan of Tarantino... especially after Pulp Fiction, but with Kill Bill, I made an exception. By the way, I believe that the DVD for the first volume was either released today, or is going to be released tomorrow.

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2004, 08:06:39 PM »
For those who didnt know there are TWO more Kill Bill movies in the works. There's KILL BILL Vol. 0, an anime about the 3 men who tought Bill how to be the bad ass he ended up being. And then theres KILL BILL VOL 3. this was just confirmed @ the VOL.2 Premier. QT said the story is based 15years after vol. 2 and The Bride wont be the main charecter its based on "one of the victims children getting revenge". HE said he already shot some of the seens but the movie may not release fo 10-15years. If you saw the first movie then you can pretty much figure what this guy is talking bout and who he's refering to.
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline Zero_Plague

• Only Linkin Park understands
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2004, 08:39:09 PM »

Originally posted by: Nile Boogie
QT said the story is based 15years after vol. 2 and The Bride wont be the main charecter its based on "one of the victims children getting revenge".

Only yesterday I was thinking about that character and was saying to myself that it would be an excellent idea if she grew up and went looking for her victim so that she could satisfy her revenge.
Good to know that it will be in production... but if The Bride isn't in it, then who will she be taking revenge on?

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2004, 04:41:03 PM »
"but if The Bride isn't in it, then who will she be taking revenge on?"

i think the bride will be in the movie, but she will not be the major focus of the movie- the bride would play a role like o'ren- in the movie, but only for the large fight scene

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2004, 07:17:15 PM »
The bride becomes the one the lil girl tries to kill, so in a sense she's Bill.
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline odifiend

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2004, 03:28:53 PM »
Anyone who has seen the first one knows an obvious candidate for that one.  Cereal! lol.
Kiss the Cynic!

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2004, 08:51:46 PM »
I saw it.  And curses be upon ye who didn't like the first one, by the way.  That was an incredible movie (bought it, and both soundtracks).

I'm not going to say anything, I'll just say. . . there's a lot less violence, less fighting, but a lot more style, a great deal more subtle.  It's amazing, often humorous, just plain great.  I swear. . . I'm going to do that someday.  I am going to direct movies, movies that good.  Hm, try and stop me, muthafukas.

I heard about the 3rd volume, though 0 certainly sounds interesting.  Yeah, #3, I read, will probably be about the daugher of the black woman getting revenge on the Bride, fifteen years later.  Sounds cool.

All of you, go see it.  It is well worth it.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2004, 11:33:56 PM »

I'm not going to spoil anything too much, but the villain face-off's were nothing compared to the first volume. It doesn't sound good on paper... but maybe when it is taken into the film it might turn out a little more interesting.

Definitely better in the movie. Keep your eyes open (lol) for these.

Offline odifiend

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2004, 03:57:19 AM »
Yeah, great movie- villian face-offs were much better than in the first one.  If you ask me they were anti-climactic in the first one.
Kiss the Cynic!

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2004, 04:49:42 AM »
I thought the fisrt film was a bit better in terms of action and style but less on story telling. As the second film, great story telling, the action was a bit less thrilling and the style was bout the same. As a whole, KILL BILL, just cracked my top 5 movie list of all time. I did however feel that certain moments of the film were anti-climactic in the sense that other fights in the fist film were much more on the side of, action and cool. Pei Mei, best movie master since Yoda himself. I'm going to see this movie again tomarrow after work..

Q.T. Damn good movie chair sitter, damn good.
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2004, 05:35:35 AM »
This source material would make a good game, if executed properly (i.e. no Acclaim, Atari or EA). If they made a game of it I'd bet they wouldn't release it for GC for some absolutely idiotic reason, though.

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2004, 05:43:24 AM »
Game huh. I think Killer7 will be the closest thing to a KILLBILL game we are going to see for a while.

By the by did anyone see the trailer for the Jet Li movie "HERO"? As I'm watching the begaining of it , it dawns on me ever-so-slowly, that the movie is 3years old and I've had it on Dvd since last summer. None the less, the movie is OUTSTANDING. One of the best films I have ever seen. Think Crouching Tiger with a better pace and better fights.
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2004, 07:18:49 AM »
Really?  Interesting.  Yeah, my friends and I were interested in that.  I'll have to look around for it.

I agree with Niles on the stuff about the movies, style/fighting and storytelling. . . though the second did have a great deal of style as well.  That's basically the way I saw it, though.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>