Author Topic: Resident Evil 4 Discussion  (Read 178927 times)

Offline SLIVER

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Resident Evil 4 Discussion
« Reply #150 on: February 09, 2004, 01:08:38 PM »

quote:
            "Therefore, things must be compensated by distributing metric buttloads of ass-kicking DVD-quality trailer footage long before the game is released via demo disc, internet, tv, DVD preview, theater, etc."

As long as they advertise it like viewtiful joe i would buy it, even if i did't know about it!!
So much for Too Human!!
"Nintendo, where dreams never come true"
Mario Tennis, Too Human, Eternal Darkness 2.

(NINTENDO IS AFRAID OF CHANGES!) "YOU COWARDS, TAKE IT LIKE A MAN"

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
RE: Resident Evil 4 Discussion
« Reply #151 on: February 09, 2004, 04:50:22 PM »

And I really hope they will launch the game in the US at the same time as in Japan. I fear that import will kill the US sale a bit.

Yeah, i was really sad when i found out that US and Japan were getting it in 2004, while PAL regions have to wait until 2005, this might be the first title i import, depending on it's release. I'd guess that Japan and US versions would launch at around the same time though, just a hunch.

I'm guessing another Breeding Ground or something that could lead to a whole new Resident Evil saga.

But this time around.. it's on a boat, set in the ocean!!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 09, 2004, 04:53:04 PM »
*looks over at Resident Evil Gaiden*

What the heck?

*sees Resident Evil Dead Aim, as well*

Resident Evil on boats is 0/2...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #153 on: February 09, 2004, 05:09:19 PM »
Resident Evil... IN SPACE.

Just like Jason, Leprechaun, and Hellraiser... it's bound to happen sooner or later.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 09, 2004, 05:15:06 PM »
Hahaha, Resident Evil in space would be rad. Hey look, there's a zombie a few miles away, better hide behind this rock! Oh ho ho, the suspense.

Therefore, things must be compensated by distributing metric buttloads of ass-kicking DVD-quality trailer footage long before the game is released via demo disc, internet, tv, DVD preview, theater, etc.

Yes, that would be nice. RE4 should be pimped hardcaw during RE2 the movie screenings, assuming they both come out at the same time, which they are (i think?).

I'm guessing that in order to understand and appreciate RE4 fully, i'm going to have to play RE2 and 3. Hopefully i can get my hands on them.. sometime in the next year. Having not played them makes me sad.

My frothing demand for Resident Evil 4 increases...  

Offline ShadowMage

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 09, 2004, 05:15:44 PM »

Just like Jason, Leprechaun, and Hellraiser

Don't foget Critters  
I love this job more than I love taffy...and I'm a man who loves his taffy

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #156 on: February 09, 2004, 06:12:26 PM »
Thanks for adding that!

Offline Metroid masked

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 09, 2004, 06:17:49 PM »
Do you think this will be the scariest of all the RE games? dont pee your pants! points finger

Offline ShadowMage

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 09, 2004, 06:41:28 PM »

Do you think this will be the scariest of all the RE games?

I really hope so.  The REmake had a few jumpy parts, and RE0 had even less.  Neither of the two could hold a candle to Silent Hill 3 though.  I still have nightmares to this day....*shudders*
I love this job more than I love taffy...and I'm a man who loves his taffy

Offline Metroid masked

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 09, 2004, 06:45:38 PM »
the monsters in silent hill 3 are 10 times more scary than RE zombies.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #160 on: February 09, 2004, 07:58:41 PM »
ED scared me the most.  Unsettling atmospheres bother me far more than surprises.  And this was even after I played the RE remake.

Offline Zero_Plague

• Only Linkin Park understands
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 09, 2004, 08:01:01 PM »
It just depends what kind of person you are.

To be honest, personally Silent Hill, Eternal Darkness & Clocktower don't even make me flinch.
It's an enjoyable game and all.... but I don't feel that Psychological Horror really makes me get scared.

But anyway, to get back onto the subject, in Resident Evil 4, I'm hoping that we see the return of Wesker and possibly Ada.
But if there should be a villain that is going to die in this game... hopefully it will be Ada.

I personally don't think that Wesker is ready to die.
He has built up too much of a villainous matter, and once you see him go, then there will be no physical Resident Evil villain... Unless they create a new one which I'm not really hoping for.

But if the series does start coming to an end... I'd like the villainy character to die off like such:

Resident Evil 4:  Ada Wong / Hunk?
Resident Evil 5:  Nicholai Ginovaef
Resident Evil 6:  Albert Wesker / Umbrella (NOT Ozwell Spencer)

Offline Metroid masked

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 09, 2004, 08:49:38 PM »
i find Psychological Horror really scary.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 10, 2004, 02:28:32 AM »
Eternal Darkness scared you through a creep atmosphere. Resident Evil scares you through jumpy moments (and wondering when those jumpy moments are going to happen next). Just different styles. Personally, I get scared a LOT more by Resident Evil, but that may also be because any surprise or loud noise scares the hell out of me.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline StRaNgE

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 10, 2004, 07:12:15 AM »
speaking of Re-make....

it scared me most due to atmosphere, the house, the fog, the soundtrack..

then again i grew up  being brought as a child to a small country house where my grandparents lived, and us kids would all tell horror stories of zombies, dracular, and creatures out in the woods waiting in the quiet. so this  series is very much along that, specially that journey past the pool and down the path. looked right out of the land we used to go to way back when...

Offline Galford

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 10, 2004, 08:15:04 AM »
I haven't seen it talked about here yet, but Capacom is seriously hitting at a Dawn/Day of the Dead type scenairo for RE4.  It was mentioned when the first trailer came out that the game was set in a post-apocalyptic setting.  Now with the new update to the website it is officially being mentioned that that society has broken down or is on the verge of collapse.

Also about all the weird characters(Mr.Hook, Reindeer Head, FAce in Curtain), play RE0, that properties of the Progentior Virus will explain why those things are there.

Wii Code - 8679 5256 1008 2077

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 10, 2004, 10:36:48 AM »
according to www.gamecubeheaven.tk  gameinformer is the magazine that has the full scoop on resident evil 4
cant wait to read about it!
i call the big one bitey.

Offline Inkwell

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 10, 2004, 10:52:57 AM »
Where can I view pics or movies of this game?  
Nintendo = Old News  

Offline Zero_Plague

• Only Linkin Park understands
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 10, 2004, 08:04:34 PM »
www.gametrailers.com

You can download both, the Teaser Trailer and the 2nd Trailer off this website... and as for the pictures... there all mostly off the trailers, except for the concept art "Theatre".

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 12, 2004, 04:22:01 AM »
direct from cube.ign's mailbag:

When will you tell us about resident evil 4?! I can't wait forever!

Matt responds: You won't have to. Game Informer Magazine has the world exclusive on the game and will blow it out in the next couple of weeks. We're under embargo until mid-March, at which point we will provide our own coverage of the pants-wettingly amazing survival horror sequel -- a title that now ties Metroid Prime 2 as my most wanted game this year. Stay tuned for that.
 we should have new informtion very shortyly.  anyone here get game informer?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 12, 2004, 07:14:23 AM »
My subscription just ran out a few months ago...Bah!  Now I have to stop by Funcoland next weekend...

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 12, 2004, 09:11:06 AM »
I don't but I'm heading to Barnes and Noble this weekend to check this out.  
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 12, 2004, 09:58:41 AM »
Actually, the issue doesn't hit for 13 more days...So I guess it's 2 weekends from now I'll be able to get it...

Offline Inkwell

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 12, 2004, 10:54:17 AM »
All I can say is...WOW! I haven't bothered to actually keep up with this game but after seeing it I probably get the game (most likely not because video games in general sorta bore me)
Nintendo = Old News  

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 12, 2004, 11:52:56 AM »
OK, I'm getting mixed signals here...Some say that this was confirmed by GI, others say no...Please take this with a grain of salt until I can figure out if this has really been confirmed...Prepare to be surprised...

1. They game can be played in first person or one of two new views. They are basically slight variations on a close third person camera.
2. It must be viewed in widescreen. If your tv doesn't support the 16:9 aspect ratio, the game will feature black bars on top and bottom of the screen to make sure you experience the game to its fullest on a 4:3 monitor. HDTV users, the game supports 480 progressive scan. This is needed because,...
3. In 3rd person, Leon fills the far left side of the screen. It feels like you are playing a first person shooter even withour Leon on the screen.
4. Controls are them same as before. However, health and ammo will now be onscreen.
5. Even with the old controls, the new views make it feel like an entirely different game.

Now for story:

1. RE4 takes place in 2004, 6 years after RE2.
2. Umbrella is gone and with them...the zombies.
3. Leon is hired by the president to guard his daughter. Before he can take the job, she is kidnapped and taken to a village in south america where all the villagers hunt him down in an eerie trance.
4. The worlds are completely wide open.
5. No more door animations or pre-rendered cutscenes. Everything is done in-engine.
6. Areas feature a few very brief loadtimes.
7. Enemies will react to damage done to them in places. Shooting an enemy in the foot will make them hobble.
8. Villagers are armed with sickles, axes, pitchforks, and many more sharp objects.Which they can throw at you. These are not mindless zombies.
9. You can shoot the thrown objects out of the air. If you time it right.
10. There is an action button. For instance, you can shoot an enemy and then quickly close the gap and kick them in the chest. Also to move objects in front of doors to keep villagers from you. Also to puch a ladder full of enemies off from you and more.
11. In a later level, you are in complete darkness and unable to see anything until the moonlight illuminates the villagers.
12. The villagers are smart. In later levels they get smarter. For instance, if you shoot at one, it won't continue to go towards you. It may run away and if you follow him, it could purposefully lead you to an area where 6 more await with bow guns. They are more human.

In the levels the play, the action was intense with many villagers after them. This was just the beginning of the game.

There are plenty of photos and the game looks amazing. They say it is easily the best looking cube game yet.

Very strange stuff indeed...

edit:  It's true, though I believe Capcom is holding back on something...Unless they completely got rid of Mr. Hook...

"He is telling the truth. The information he presented indicated to me that he has seen the magazine." ~~GI Paul (on someone who had supposedly seen the magazine)
"Once you see the pictures, you'll understand. It's going to be a monster game." ~~GI Andy