Author Topic: Your most hated games?  (Read 12372 times)

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Your most hated games?
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2003, 10:04:01 AM »
I don't think there is anything wrong with being in a clan. I have been in a few and we all joke around and have a good time. It also helps when you want to buy a few servers to have for the games you want, you can play in that server.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Your most hated games?
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2003, 10:22:41 AM »
o_O you though Yoshi's Island (one of my all time favorite games) was too short and easy? what are you some form of super man? each to their own *hugs yoshi's island cart*

if i can speak out in CS's defence, the game is pretty fun when you play with people with a relaxed attitude, while that number is slim when it does happen its quite fun, quite comical too at some points, ive only played it at some LAN parties thrown by friends of friends etc, but ive allways had a blast playing it, i even won a round once (double head shot with shotgun, oh yeah, im good ) but yes the CS gaming comunity online is quite atrocious, which is one of my main reasons i dont want nintendo to move into the relm of online, i love playing nintendo, i dont want to have to put up with idiots if i chose to play nintendo online.

Offline theRPGFreak

• OVERLORD
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2003, 12:11:21 PM »
I am kind of 50/50 on Grey Ninja for his post. I for one,  feel that Grand Theft Auto has mindless violence and was way too popular. I think that this game has more than enough reasons to be a adults only game.

Cronno Chross was absolutly nothing like the first game. The main reason for this is because that enix had helped with the character animation before, and not everyone was involved in the second project. Hopefully now that the two companies haev merged, we will see a true sequel in the future.

I disagree with Grey Ninja on FFVlll-Xl. I think that Final Fantasy Vlll is one of the best in the series, and we haven't even played FFXl yet. I am looking forward to this game because the class system looks familiar to Final Fantasy Tatics, and playing with other people around the world will keep me playing for a long time.

One game that I felt the same about with Cronno Cross was Zelda the Wiond Waker. I felt that seeing how the animation was completly diffrent, and other things in the game that I do not want to spoil for readers, made me feel that the game was not worthly enough to be a OoT sequel (besides M.M.)
"I can't read...im not a loser."~Master Shake

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2003, 01:55:55 PM »

Originally posted by: Uglydot

Sonic 3d blast, god I hated this game. Just...everything about it, other than the fact that it looked neat.  

Duke Nukem 3d on the genesis.  Luckily I wasn't allowed to buy this game, because I played a friends and it was terrible, words just can't describe it.

Duke Nukem 3D was on Mega Drive? Holy crap, how on Earth did they pull that off? Actually... I don't think I want to know.

Doom on SNES was bad enough, and that had the power of a Super FX chip MK. II and Mode 7 behind it!

And yeah, Sonic 3D was pretty dreadful. The Mega Drive version was quite impressive, though. It featured a stunning FMV at the start. Nothing like the Saturn's five minute movie, but it was very cool for the dying 16 Bit system at the time. And hey, it was developed by Traveller's Tales. The 'awesome' developers behind Toy Story 2 and Bug's Life on the Nintendo 64/PSone.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2003, 03:12:23 PM »
My friends and I can barely do anything without having tons of fun.  Many of the games listed here for being bad. . . my friends and I have a blast with.  My friend and I just played about two straight hours of SSBM, and we're still equally challenged.  That is a great game.  You guys must not have friends or something.

I had a lot of fun playing WW, and I still go back and play it for the great combat sometimes.  I played through it two and a half times, and I completed the Nintendo Gallery.  Possibly the best game this generation (though MP, SSBM, and SMS put up a good fight), and that's considering I've played Halo, GTA, and all the other system's "good" games.  It blows my mind to think that some of you don't like those Nintendo (not b/c they're Nintendo, but because they're good) games.  Whoa.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline theRPGFreak

• OVERLORD
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2003, 03:53:14 PM »
I was not suggesting that I did not like Wind Waker, I simply don't feel that the game messed way too much with  OoT's storyline and characters in ways that I did not like. I do think however, that the game should have been a sequel to Ages/Seasons.  
"I can't read...im not a loser."~Master Shake

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2003, 06:01:13 PM »
"I simply don't feel that the game messed way too much with OoT's storyline and characters in ways that I did not like."

this is just my opinion but i felt the storyline being tied very much to OoT's storyline was the best part of the game
i thought that zelda games always had the awesome graphics and stellar gameplay, but story was not always the biggest priority- it takes a backseat in most of those games- but in wind waker- i loved the story- and i though it was a very well written one- it explained a lot and i just loved gannondorf's return- wind waker is probably one of the best games this generation and one of the best of all time in my opinion
i call the big one bitey.

Offline GoldShadow1

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2003, 06:50:17 PM »
Tomb Raider - I don't care what version of this game it is, I hate it.  The controls are *terrible*.   It feels like you're controlling a tank or something.  The jumping is slow and awkward, the shooting is lock-on and slow, sucking the basic, human fun of blowing things up.  Maybe the game would be good if it had Zelda-style controls.  I don't know.

Final Fantasy IX - I played FFVII, and I thought it was a pretty good game.  I never played FFVIII because of how much everyone seems to hate it for some reason.  FFIX seemed to be popular, so I gave it a try.  I hated it.  I can't stand the character designs, neither in proportions or style (Whose idea was it to give the main character a tail?), and I hated their personalities.  I didn't find a single character to be likable (except for Vivi - I think it's Vivi, anyway, the black mage - he rocks).  The random battles irritated me even more than usual.  They seemed to talk longer to load, though I'm not sure.  The fog on the overworld kept me from the nice overworld visuals from FFVII (although, I can forgive it because it's part of the storyline).  The only part of the game I enjoyed, oddly enough, was the card game.  That game was insanely addictive and fun.  Every RPG should include a TCG.

Donkey Kong 64 - I bought this game brand new, something I rarely ever do.  It's not that the game was terrible, it was decent (though boring) it's the legacy of DKC.  I *loved* the DKC games.  Awesome graphics, memorable and ambient music, amazing atmosphere, and fast-paced, varied, unique gameplay.  Especially DKC2.  DKC3 was okay but not as good as DKC2.  DK64 basically made a game out of everything I didn't like in DKC3, at least as far as the gameplay.  Characters move slow, far too many collecting quests and minigames,  a simple lack of fun.  The game was sapped of the brilliant sober atmosphere of the DKC games and was instead filled with stupid silly stuff and your basic platforming cliches.  The music was atrocious and uninteresting.  They even managed to destroy the main theme, turning from a fast-paced deep jungle beat to a depressing, slow tune.  I have no idea what was going on in Rare's meeting when somebody raised his hand and said "Hey, let's just clone Banjo, only make it worse.  It'll sell, since we're Rare and its Donkey Kong.  Plus, we'll take nine years to develop it so that anticipation will build."

Offline Ocarina Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2003, 06:52:38 PM »
I personally felt WW was just too empty. I loved the dungeons, the gallery and some of the side quests, but I felt most of the side quests had just been filled up with time consuming tasks, and that was no fun. Even the gallery was boring sometime, I spent more time playing the sun's song than I did actually retrieving what I was meant to retrieve. In theory, spending 10 minutes sailing around to reveal a tiny piece of the story should be fun. You could explore that vast ocean while your doing it after all, but again I felt it was too empty, and even when I did find a platform or something, most of the time I only got a few rupees out of it. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great game, I especially like the real dungeon designs, but I felt that there wasn't enough of the actual game. It takes a lot more to design a mini-dungeon with interesting puzzles that would take the player 10 minutes to complete than it does to have the player sail from one end of the map to the other that would take an equal amount of time.  
Om mani padme hum.

Offline GoldShadow1

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2003, 09:23:53 PM »
Ocarina - Really? I had the opposite reaction.  I did not like the dungeon designs at all, but I loved sailing and and exploring (although I agree with you that it is too empty, though.

Offline Molobert

• topo de oro
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2003, 09:50:23 PM »
I thought one of the best things about WW was how big the world was and how much stuff there was to do. Most of time I just messed around, doing sidequests, getting heart pieces and treasure maps, sailing, going to the Gallery, etc etc. But it was incredibly fun - and much more so after you get the evil wind god's (Cyclos I think) "power."  

Offline Ocarina Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2003, 12:09:23 AM »
Well, I really liked wandering around in OoT and MM when I had finished aswell, but I just found it boring in WW. I agree that Cyclos' power helped, but I still felt like I was sailing through nothing. When you think about it, they've spread about the same amount of items, quests and collectables that OoT had into a map 49 times the size. Even if you can move faster in the boat, you had Epona in OoT, and something similar to cyclos' power again.

Although I wasn't too big on the new character idea for the later dungeons, I did think that on the whole, they were designed much better then OoT's and MM's. I spent almost no time back tracking, and when I did, the jar thing was handy. Playing through Master Quest, I am quite suprised just how much more fluid the dungeons seem to be. There is an definate difference in the style of dungeons though, I like that about Zelda games, every single one I've played has had a different style of dungeon with the same type of puzzle.  
Om mani padme hum.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2003, 01:44:01 AM »
oh, i totally forgot about that, in all my eagerness to get the bonus disc, i never thought that i wouldn't really like it, i just couldn't get into Master Quest at all, after playing and finnishing Ocarina of Time atleast 15-20 times on the n64, the controls just felt WRONG, and dont even get me started on the dungeons! regular OoT on the bonus disc is okay, but i still cant play it, it doesn't feel at home on the gamecube. it makes me wish my n64 wasn't broken , playing the ocarina on the GCN is painfull. ohwell, more incentive to get my n64 fixed

Offline Kentop

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2003, 04:48:19 PM »

Originally posted by: Grey Ninja
#7: Counterstrike
The game that defines lame.  I can tell if someone is a Counterstrike fan simply by the way they talk.  I refused to play any online games for years after I tried this one.  The game itself is good, but the fanbase is composed of the biggest collection of idiots and lamers you have ever met.  I don't think I really need to elaborate, as I am sure you all know what I am talking about.

Exactly, and now I point you to bash...
Anyway,  I hate pretty much all realistic sports and racing games.  Tonic Trouble and South Park 64 are also pretty terrible because the control and framerate were horrid in both games, which made them almost unplayable.  

« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2003, 11:30:45 AM »
Oh I almost forgot...

Any Madden nfl game.... I HATE.

What the hell, there's like 10 of them and they are all the same god damned game.
they are so much like the same game I ask one of them if they want an ice cream cone and they both say yes.

What's worse is that everyone talks about how great the newest one is and how they can't wait until it comes out..... its like, you've already bought this game.... last year.  

my friend was very excited about getting madden 2003 and i was like, "but you have Madden 2002" and he was like, "they're completely different games" so i was like "how are they different? are they're any different features?, has the gameplay been changed?are there any special new things you can do?" and he was like... "probaly not." and i said why do you want it then?" and he said "cause the players are updated." and i said "that's gay."

which makes me wonder, if the madden series can just come out with the same game over and over and over and people still buy it for reasons like enhanced graphics or updated stats, why is nintendo so worried about doing that with their own franchises like zelda or mario....if people are dumb enough to keep buying "good games" like madden over and over, then they'd sure in the hell be stupid enough to buy a great game like Mario of Zelda over and over if it only came out with a new game that had enhanced graphics or whatever.  blah
it was time for a change.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2003, 03:07:30 PM »
Marcus Arillius, I see you have watched a little Mario Twins at newgrounds?  Very good, you have good taste.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2003, 09:43:38 PM »
they look god same like the same person, i would say to them, you want ice cream cone? both of them say yes.

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2003, 02:20:00 AM »
marcus

you have to know the game of football to understand the differances. To someone who has never played the game, or doesnt watch it, you will miss the subtle differances that really do enhance the way the game is played.
The playmaker feature of madden 2004 is a great example, the power it gives you as a QB when already standing over your centre is unbelievable.
I feel like I really am Payton Manning.
Having sex when your 90 is like shooting pool with a piece of rope

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2003, 03:32:07 AM »
KnowsNothing- You should check out some more of Group X's stuff- it's hilarious.

And while you're at it, all you ska/punk fans out there need to check out some Pain! You won't be sorry!
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2003, 01:14:44 PM »
I prefer real football to video game football.  It's so much. . . better in every way possible.  And here's me, who doesn't even like football.  It's fun with friends, though.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2003, 03:02:56 PM »
i like real football too- great with friends or a school team- as hostile said
but madden is just so sweet- i dont know how ea does it every year, but they add so much and make so much fun to play- i mean owner mode is great, and the playmaker control is long overdue- and it is a stroke of genius- i guess you really have to like football as me, or thecubedcanuck, or the millions of others that buy the game
i call the big one bitey.