Author Topic: Prince of Persia: Sands of Time  (Read 1017 times)

Offline Gamefreak

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
« on: May 12, 2003, 12:42:55 AM »
What's this? First Sphinx, and now this? How many Middle East based Zelda clones can we handle in one E3? Anyway, all kidding aside, this looks pretty nice so far. The combat looks...er, extremely slow compared to The Wind Waker, but hey it's better than any other third party action/adventure game combat system I've seen recently. And at least you can circle strafe while locked on, which really should've been in Eternal Darkness (they didn't even bother using the C-stick for anything). The Matrix-meets-Alladin bullet-time, er, scimitar-time, special moves look pretty cool too. The enemies seem sort of dumb and Star Fox Adventures-esque, meaning the ones that you aren't targetting at the moment sort of just sit there and wait for you to kill their friend....but maybe it's just in the video's I've seen.
Anyway, yet another example of retro-reborn, this time from our French amis over at Ubi Soft. As long as they give the same amount of care as they did to the Xbox and PC versions of Splinter Cell, it should turn out to be great stuff.

What say you, Link? I mean...forum people...