Author Topic: WayForward Posts Mighty Milky Way Translation Guide  (Read 1540 times)

Offline King Bowser Koopa

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
WayForward Posts Mighty Milky Way Translation Guide
« on: August 03, 2011, 02:48:21 PM »

Luna teaches fans what all her obscurely-morbid French sayings mean.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/27348

WayForward Technologies, publisher of Mighty Milky Way for the DSiWare service, have posted up a translation guide for the adorable little French quips that the main character Luna says throughout her planet-orbiting adventure. What may come as a shock, however, is that they are all quite morbid, completely changing whatever impressions her cute exterior may have led you to form about the character.

I'll leave it up to fans to let Luna and T-Rex guide them on their lingual journey of discovery, but to give a single example, "death is preferable to the agony of life". Fittingly, the phrases are said upon death of the character.

See more here.

Andrew Brown - NWR Australia Correspondent

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Re: WayForward Posts Mighty Milky Way Translation Guide
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 05:27:20 PM »
Oh man, I have been loving this game so much since e-shop launched.  I think I'm pretty darn close to beating it (I'm at 4-8) but man, it is hard and fun.  I'd compare it to a 2-D combination of the star-pull SMG levels and Portal, especially in the way its puzzles are constructed.  Fans of gravity effects and inertia, watch out!

[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: WayForward Posts Mighty Milky Way Translation Guide
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 01:05:32 PM »
Same here: loving this game on the 3DS thanks to e-shop. The translation is funny.

Highly recommend this game.
Oui, Mon Gars!