Author Topic: Extreme Sandwiches  (Read 100050 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Re: Extreme Sandwiches
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2009, 09:42:45 PM »
I've got to admit I was thrown off by the apples for a second, but it actually makes sense. Did you use whole grain mustard? That **** is great, you can use it so many different ways. I use it to make a whole grain mustard and balsamic vinaigrette at work sometimes. Nice work with the sourdough too, that's a good looking sandwich.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2009, 10:17:49 PM »
It may be lessor in fat but I have my doubts I could eat any of that and remain under my daily calorie count.

I've never heard of putting apples on a sandwich but I'd be willing to give it a try. Where did you get the inspiration for that?

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2009, 11:25:32 PM »
What a lovely sandwich you have done ShyGuy. I would never dare to put apple in my sandwich.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2009, 01:55:13 AM »
Apples are extreme! They came to me in a fever dream, whilst I was hiding from the League of Assassins in a Shanghai opium den.

I didn't use whole grain mustard, I may try that next time. The recipe for honey mustard is simple though: dijon mustard, honey, and vinegar.

What is your daily calorie count Moppet-Up? You've got sourdough bread which has lactic acid (good for blood sugar), Grilled boneless skinless chicken breasts, which have very little fat, zero fat in the home made honey mustard sauce, Romaine lettuce which is very low calorie and unlike iceberg lettuce has nutrients, and a fuji apple.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2009, 02:08:40 AM »
Your PB&J reminded me of something I used to make at work that I dubbed "poor man's waffles".  I'd take 3-4 slices of bread, put peanut butter on 'em, stack 'em up, then pour maple syrup on 'em.

That was tasty.

Marshmellow creme and peanut butter?  Sounds tasty!
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2009, 02:41:33 AM »
What is your daily calorie count Moppet-Up? You've got sourdough bread which has lactic acid (good for blood sugar), Grilled boneless skinless chicken breasts, which have very little fat, zero fat in the home made honey mustard sauce, Romaine lettuce which is very low calorie and unlike iceberg lettuce has nutrients, and a fuji apple.
I shouldn't answer that because you didn't get my name right... but I shoot for not exceeding 1,500 (this doesn't work out as often as I'd like it too...). Though I guess the sandwich isn't as bad as it looks at first glance. How many carbs are in that bread? And you left out the cheese in that description, how fattening is that? Those two things would be what determined how much I could have without cutting back on another meal that day. Probably less than what you had but more than a bite like my first impression.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2009, 03:03:18 AM »
Hmm according to what I dug up on the net, it has 15g of carbs per slice. Keep in mind that sourdough, like whole grain bread, has complex carbohydrates, not just refined sugars. This means your body absorbs the sugar more slowly. The cheese is the only major source of fat on the sandwich, at 6g per slice.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2009, 02:48:40 PM »
As long as it's real cheese though, it's not bad fat. The fat is coming from milk. American cheese (singles) and crap like that is terrible, but actual real cheese (in moderation) is good to eat. All those nutrients in the Romaine and the bread won't get absorbed into your body without some healthy fats.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2009, 04:04:20 PM »
Oh its  real cheese. The third rule of extreme sandwiches is "use quality ingredients"

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2009, 01:33:04 PM »
ShyGuy, you need to open up a sandwich shop, omnomnom. Four things:

1) I like the purity you have going on with your BBQ Sirloin sandwich, don't mess with it.
2) Nutella is delicious, though Euro Nutella is different (aka better) than American. Not sure about Aussie Nutella...
3) Apples... unexpected, but excellent.
4) I think you should find a way to use asparagus in a future sandwich. :D

Oh, and if you need a recipe for the asparagus, I've got you covered. ;)
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2009, 04:03:40 PM »
Oh its  real cheese. The third rule of extreme sandwiches is "use quality ingredients"

Yeah, I made that mistake once when they didn't have the stuff I normally get...never again.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2009, 06:27:29 PM »
You need to make a fish sandwich.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2009, 09:50:17 PM »
You're the third person to suggest a fish sandwich. I'm thinking coconut battered. What to use as toppings though?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 17, 2009, 01:42:06 AM »
It's kind of predictable with fish, but you could make a mango salsa. The hardest part is getting ripe mangoes. At work today I made cumin pan seared fish (choice of salmon or tuna) topped with salsa verde (home made, but not by me), with shrimp, cheddar, red & yellow pepper & scallion quesadillas, with some chipotle sour cream. Feel free to use any of that for inspiration.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 17, 2009, 05:04:04 AM »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2009, 07:00:37 PM »
You should put chips on it so it is a fish 'n chips sandwich.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2009, 01:09:43 AM »
I like putting Classic Lays or Cheetos in my sandwiches from time to time.
My Game Collection

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2009, 03:24:43 AM »
Yeah, I had a friend who liked putting cheddar potato chips on his hamloney sandwiches. My sister used to put sugar on her peanut butter sandwiches.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2009, 11:31:15 AM »
PB&J + Doritos is good.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2009, 11:38:00 AM »
I've never liked the though of putting chips on a sandwhich appealing, until i tried it. It wasnt too bad bt i still didnt like having those crunchy shards go down with my soft bread and deli meats. Dorritos on PB&J sounds awful lol

When i used to eat burgers at fast food places more often (or just eat there in general) i'd sometimes put my fries on my burger to speed up the process!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2009, 01:54:00 PM »
I just ate a $2 Sammie from Quiznos.  It was the opposite of EXTREME, but pretty tasty nevertheless.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2009, 03:30:59 PM »
I've never liked the though of putting chips on a sandwhich appealing, until i tried it. It wasnt too bad bt i still didnt like having those crunchy shards go down with my soft bread and deli meats. Dorritos on PB&J sounds awful lol

When i used to eat burgers at fast food places more often (or just eat there in general) i'd sometimes put my fries on my burger to speed up the process!

Yeah, fries in burgers isn't bad, but I don't do it a lot. I have a friend that ALWAYS has to have fries in his burgers. He'll also put curly fries in his Arby Melt.
My Game Collection

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 18, 2009, 03:38:42 PM »
I've never been to arbys... :( There's none close enough to me to warrant a trip.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 18, 2009, 03:42:05 PM »
That's too bad. It was the unofficial place to go for my friends and I in High School. Lots of good stuff there. Though I advise bringing coupons. It can get pretty pricey without them. 5 for $5 Melts is an awesome deal.
My Game Collection

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 18, 2009, 04:08:49 PM »
Arby's has the Jamocha shake. That should be enough, EasyCure.

Speaking of alternate uses for fries, I like dipping them in my Frosty at Wendy's. :thumbsup;
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)