Author Topic: No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle  (Read 95527 times)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2008, 07:11:29 PM »
I must have played a different No More Heroes than you because I remember Travis being launched into a wall trying to deflect one of Dr. Peace's bullets all after complaining about his entry fee being used feeding and pampering Dr. Peace. Those segments often seemed too over-the-top and sometimes melodramatic to be considered serious.

Anyway, I'm not saying making Travis "more serious" is necessarily bad or that it can't/won't work. I just find it odd since his silliness was part of his charm.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2008, 07:17:34 PM »
Not stated what the revenge is for...Could be revenge against Henry for killing Shinobu's dad

I'm sure they will take a completely minor, unresolved and uncomfirmed story element and base the entire second game on it.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2008, 07:19:05 PM »
hm.. see i dont think that example is that silly, i'd think the same thing if i were in his shoes. I guess i'm juts not that serious :-D. Like i said, compared to the bosses Travis is a pretty normal and sane guy with a couple of one liners that are just awesome.

I agre by the way that his character has a lot of charm. My favorite new character of this and the past few gen's actually. Hell even the soundtrack has this awesome style that just fits with his character.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2008, 07:23:32 PM »
Not stated what the revenge is for...Could be revenge against Henry for killing Shinobu's dad

I'm sure they will take a completely minor, unresolved and uncomfirmed story element and base the entire second game on it.

lol new pink haired girl could be Holly Summers sister that wants to kill you for "killing" her sister ;)
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2008, 07:36:03 PM »

I can sense your sarcasm and I agree. That's so much more ridiculous than the fake final boss being killed by the real final boss except that she's not the real final boss because the real final boss is this random guy who killed the would-be 6th boss and this random guy also happens to be Travis' twin brother who conveniently went unmentioned by Travis' half-sister, the not-really final boss, before the not-really final boss fight cinema that explained the entire point of the story which was that Sylvia set up the entire thing because she felt sorry for Travis since Jeane, Travis' half-sister and not-really final boss, killed his parents because she was molested by their father and then she used her body to raise the money to pay for her training while Travis forgets about all of this until the very moment he sees her again.

I'm surprised they didn't call the sequel No More Heroes Forever....

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2008, 07:43:29 PM »

I can sense your sarcasm and I agree. That's so much more ridiculous than the fake final boss being killed by the real final boss except that she's not the real final boss because the real final boss is this random guy who killed the would-be 6th boss and this random guy also happens to be Travis' twin brother who conveniently went unmentioned by Travis' half-sister, the not-really final boss, before the not-really final boss fight cinema that explained the entire point of the story which was that Sylvia set up the entire thing because she felt sorry for Travis since Jeane, Travis' half-sister and not-really final boss, killed his parents because she was molested by their father and then she used her body to raise the money to pay for her training while Travis forgets about all of this until the very moment he sees her again.

I'm surprised they didn't call the sequel No More Heroes Forever....

That'll be the 3rd installment that never comes out

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2008, 09:58:35 PM »
By "serious" they mean Travis is emo now. His jacket was black in the teaser trailer. Black like his soul, black like his bitter tears that run down into the gutter.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2008, 10:01:12 PM »
Does the original No More Heroes have a known problem where the game will suddenly shut off your system?

It's happened to me twice now--the first time was halfway through the battle with Dr. Peace and the second was during a mission while trying to get enough money to pay the next entry fee.  Both times I was using the motion controls (wrestling throw against Dr. Peace and finishing move against a thud, respectively).  Lucky for me I had just saved a little bit before each occurrence, so at most I lost ten minutes but it makes me a little nervous about the future.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2008, 10:06:13 PM »
It's your Wii.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline robert snodgrass

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2008, 10:44:20 PM »
This is great news. I hope it comes out the same time as Endless Ocean 2 so I can have a repeat of last spring with my beautiful combination of ultraviolence and serenity.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2008, 10:49:34 PM »
It's your Wii.

what he said. nothing like thats ever happened to me with the game before.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2008, 12:39:27 AM »
This is great news. I hope it comes out the same time as Endless Ocean 2 so I can have a repeat of last spring with my beautiful combination of ultraviolence and serenity.

Heh, I did the same thing. I thought it was interesting because both game could be classified as sandbox games or "GTA clones" in their own way. But they are on totally different ends of the spectrum.

Endless Ocean was very serene and completely non-violent but did have non-linear open world exploration making it almost a Bizarro-GTA what with that title's violence and adult themes.

On the other end of Spectrum No More Heroes was almost a faux-sandbox game that had an open world that (I believe) purposely was empty and had no point. The driving was exgageratingly bad. It was almost a satire of the GTA style games.

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2008, 06:17:15 AM »
"We won't be able to make the same game for all territories," Suda 51 said in interview at the Tokyo Game Show. "For Europe, we're going to release two versions. One extreme version, and one with less violence."

This is interesting, I wonder how much different they would be like would the story line change at all or if the extreme version will be the same as the US.
Link: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=256788
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2008, 07:17:40 PM »
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6198879.html

It has been confirmed that Marvelous and Xseed will publish the game in North America while Rising Star will once again take the publishing reins in Europe.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2008, 07:45:56 PM »
Ubisoft wants to make sure they aren't associated with ANY future quality Wii titles...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2008, 07:56:08 PM »
The first positive Ubi news in a long time!
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2008, 07:56:33 PM »
I think it might be the other way around Bill. Marvelous and Xseed probably wanted the game to sell so they snatched up the right to publish it.Do you recall that boycott of ubisoft. Yeah that might be why Marvelous and Xseed are publishing it.We can put Ubisoft in the corner and ignore them.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2008, 08:13:57 PM »
How is Xseed with marketing?
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2008, 08:37:56 PM »
I am not sure Dirk but the tagteam of Marvelous and Xseed are also publishing Muremasa:The Demon Blade and the duo has done well getting info out.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2008, 02:47:13 AM »
Does anybody want Diane from Beefhead videos to return? Yes that was one of my favorite parts.It just cracks me up.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2008, 09:16:03 AM »
How is Xseed with marketing?

Because of their small size (think Atlus), they do print and web ads, but not TV...

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2008, 09:19:54 AM »
Does anybody want Diane from Beefhead videos to return? Yes that was one of my favorite parts.It just cracks me up.

Yes and maybe this time we can see/interact with her. Maybe she'll end up being a secret boss to fight at the end of the game for not returning videos... :)

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2008, 02:53:26 PM »
OMG I can just imagine that happening. What would she fight with?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2008, 04:18:39 PM »
Alright, a few new details...

~ Takes place 3 years after the first game...
~ TT's revenge is for the death of his "best friend"...(Potentially Bishop...Though in a sense it could be Jeane as well...)
~ Busier Santa Destroy...
~ Overall darker theme for the story...

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2008, 06:40:06 PM »
OMG I can just imagine that happening. What would she fight with?

i answered this from work... not sure what happened to the post but i dont feel like writing it out again..

Alright, a few new details...

~ Takes place 3 years after the first game...
~ TT's revenge is for the death of his "best friend"...(Potentially Bishop...Though in a sense it could be Jeane as well...)
~ Busier Santa Destroy...
~ Overall darker theme for the story...

who the hell is Bishop????