Author Topic: Heath Ledger found Dead  (Read 7637 times)

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
Heath Ledger found Dead
« on: January 22, 2008, 10:16:45 AM »
Normally, I wouldn't care one way or another other than the obvious tradgedy of a wasted death. But I have to wonder now what fate falls on the next Batman film? Does anyone know if the filming is wrapped?

I didn't see Brokeback Mountain, but I've heard encouraging remarks about his talent.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Heath Ledger found Dead
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 10:22:24 AM »
The film is post-production, but it'll still be weird going to see the movie knowing he's dead...

I wasn't a huge fan of his works, but his abrupt death is rather shocking and sad none the less...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
RE:Heath Ledger found Dead
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 11:21:06 AM »
Yeah I was shocked when I heard this, he was so young and there was a good chance his career would have been propelled forward from playing the joker.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 12:13:33 PM »
I hate this new joker, but I don't think it was Ledger's fault, I'm still shocked about his death.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Nintendawg

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 12:29:52 PM »
yeah, this is pretty terrible. What a way to end a crappy day huh?
Laughing at you 'cause you can't shoot the duck EST 1985

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 02:02:22 PM »

Originally posted by: bustin98
Normally, I wouldn't care one way or another other than the obvious tradgedy of a wasted death.
So what's a worthwhile death?  Lindsey Lohan?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 02:24:10 PM »
Did anyone know he was found in Mary Kate Olsens apartment?  At  least that is what I heard, apparently she was in California when it happened...

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 04:39:12 PM »

Originally posted by: vudu

Originally posted by: bustin98
Normally, I wouldn't care one way or another other than the obvious tradgedy of a wasted death.
So what's a worthwhile death?  Lindsey Lohan?

Um, oh, I don't know... Osama Bin Ladin maybe....

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 04:49:03 PM »
Also any chimo  
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Svevan

• Not Afraid of Being Afraid
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
    • Continuity
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 07:47:00 PM »

Originally posted by: darkheart
Did anyone know he was found in Mary Kate Olsens apartment?  At  least that is what I heard, apparently she was in California when it happened...

Proven false.

Sad story all told, which it isn't, we have an autopsy to wait for; good film to commemorate him by is I'm Not There.
Evan T. Burchfield, aka Svevan
NWR Message Board Artist

My Blog

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 08:38:29 PM »
Bunbury will never be the same again!

Heath had some family down here, and you'd know when he was in town because your sister/girlfriend/mother etc. would be in this wistful dreamy state, hoping to bump into Heath Ledger. No one ever got any action or even attention from the local girls during those dark times.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2008, 10:45:11 PM »
The sad thing for the family was they heard about the tragedy from the media first. Must have been a real shock.

Also I'm pretty sure this is definately going to bolster the earnings for the Dark Knight at the box office.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2008, 02:39:59 AM »

Originally posted by: mantidor
I hate this new joker,

Have we been watching the same trailers? I was extremely disappointed to hear that Heath Ledger was going to play Joker because of his other roles like First Knight(not too sure if that was the name but it had the chick from The Rules of Attraction in it), Casanova, and of course Brokeback Mountain, those roles don't really seem to fit the persona of the joker, after seeing the trailer however I was blown away by his performance, and OMG the laugh, wow he does it right!! Had he never done the movie my feelings over him dying would have been almost none, but now it saddens me a little because that showed his potential and diversity. Oh and he played in my favorite movie, The Patriot, although I was upset when his character decided to go after Colonel Tavington with only a few men instead of rallying everyone, which given the surprise of the attack would have finished them, but anyway...

I must know what it is that makes you hate the new joker? Have I missed something? Did you not see the first 6 minutes of the movie? I suppose it is possible for our opinions (perhaps internal depictions) of the joker to just simply differ, but I hope you at least have a reason.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2008, 02:45:04 AM »
Personally I don't like the new joker because his outside is way to aligned with his inside.  Part of the charm of the joke was this disjoint between his outward appearance and his actions.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2008, 04:21:29 AM »

Originally posted by: Ceric
Personally I don't like the new joker because his outside is way to aligned with his inside.  Part of the charm of the joke was this disjoint between his outward appearance and his actions.

What?

When has the joker not looked insane? All the comic books, cartoons, books, and movies, he's always looked insane, because besides being insane, his face isn't makeup. The disjoint between his appearance and actions is that he looks like a clown but he's batman's most intelligent advisary. I think if he didn't cross the thin line between genius and insanity he would have even grander schemes than Ra's Al Ghul.

So now I'm even more confused.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2008, 04:35:29 AM »
I think this Joker in the movie is a tad dirtier than previous incarnations, and that may be where Ceric is coming from. Joker's white skin is not just makeup, but this new film has it as makeup. But I think it fits the feel of the film, and the personality is right on.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2008, 04:54:31 AM »
Not to sidetrack this much, but we have to realize the new Nolan Batman is meant to be more "realistic" than previous incarnations.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2008, 05:54:59 AM »
Albinos are realistic.

I feel bad for his child.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2008, 06:58:02 AM »
Very sad.

Heath Ledger was a fantastic actor, and he was just starting to get really interesting roles.

My first thought was that the stress of playing somebody as demented as the Joker had somehow killed him. It turns out that this might in fact be the case. There's a possibility that sleeping pills were responsible for his death, and he was apparently taking sleeping pills because playing the Joker made him have trouble sleeping.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2008, 07:32:40 AM »
Heath Ledger's Joker is, from what I have read, the most faithful version and based on the original appearances of him in the comic.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2008, 08:32:48 AM »

Originally posted by: wandering
Very sad.

Heath Ledger was a fantastic actor, and he was just starting to get really interesting roles.

My first thought was that the stress of playing somebody as demented as the Joker had somehow killed him. It turns out that this might in fact be the case. There's a possibility that sleeping pills were responsible for his death, and he was apparently taking sleeping pills because playing the Joker made him have trouble sleeping.

i was going to say the same thing. literally the day before i found out about his death i had read that to get the feel for the Joker character he had moved into a hotel for a few weeks, alone, stay up late and wright in a diary AS the joker.. all to get into character. turns out that after production it really affected him which is why he was taking sleeping pills to get back into normal habbits.

oh and the autopsy is out, and its inconclusive.

February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2008, 02:40:54 PM »

Originally posted by: MaryJane

Originally posted by: mantidor
I hate this new joker,

Have we been watching the same trailers? I was extremely disappointed to hear that Heath Ledger was going to play Joker because of his other roles like First Knight(not too sure if that was the name but it had the chick from The Rules of Attraction in it), Casanova, and of course Brokeback Mountain, those roles don't really seem to fit the persona of the joker, after seeing the trailer however I was blown away by his performance, and OMG the laugh, wow he does it right!! Had he never done the movie my feelings over him dying would have been almost none, but now it saddens me a little because that showed his potential and diversity. Oh and he played in my favorite movie, The Patriot, although I was upset when his character decided to go after Colonel Tavington with only a few men instead of rallying everyone, which given the surprise of the attack would have finished them, but anyway...

I must know what it is that makes you hate the new joker? Have I missed something? Did you not see the first 6 minutes of the movie? I suppose it is possible for our opinions (perhaps internal depictions) of the joker to just simply differ, but I hope you at least have a reason.

I also don't want to derail that much but smeared make up Joker looks silly and disgusting, I want this Joker. Dark Knight Joker has too much psycopath, too little showman/performer and zero black humor, which sucks. The Joker is all that, at the same time, which is what makes him so great and disturbing, just psychopath is pretty much any other villain. The grin is also terrible and I miss a lot the randomness of the Joker's actions, this one seems to have a perfect plan all the way through without any of the insane, creepy spontaneity that characterizes the Joker (from what we've seen).

I still plan to see the movie and it will  be inevitable that Ledger's death will make the whole thing weird. I wasn't worried about his acting skills, after you see him going from "ten things I hate about you" to "brokeback mountain" you knew he could act, but Nolan's direction of the Joker is not what I've would liked.

Also, I'm starting to see the hypothesis that Ledger was too "carried out" by the role and that lead him to his death, something I hope doesn't make people overrate the character or worse, to allow the producers to use that as a publicity stunt. From what I've read it seemed more accidental than anything.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2008, 01:55:03 AM »
I see your point, although I disagree with it, but in the end, the overall quality of the film and how the Joker's role aided to it will be the ultimate deciding factor for me on the presentation of the Joker, not so much his makeup, which I took the smeared effect to mean that his "transformation" in the chemical bath wasn't perfect, it left blotches and smears and made him an extremely ugly clown.

Btw, if you want to talk about original Joker's, the original Joker was not a psychopath, he was "merely" a homicidal maniac, then he pretty much became a petty thief, then was revived as a psychotic homicidal maniac, and Batman's worst enemy. I'm not much into comics anymore but when I was a little lad I read everything my friends bought, and my dad collected (and mom later accidentally destroyed ). Which is why a lot of these super hero movies have been disappointing (or have disappointing moments like in Xmen 3 Xavier and Juggernaut don't even look at each other despite being stepbrothers, and they made Juggernaut into a mutant when it's a gem inside his helmet that grants him powers but I still enjoyed the movie)

I think the new Joker embodies what the "popular" (and best) idea of what who the Joker is, mantidor does have a fair point about him being too straightforward, I would have preferred the introduction of the Joker started with his famous marbles. "Oh look marbles" (everyone laughs until...) BOOM BOOM BOOM they explode when they touch either other causing mayhem and death, that would have been a much better way (spoiler if you didn't see the first six minutes) to rob a bank. Or at least a more Joker-esque way to do it.

His death is going to create a huge following of this movie especially with the rumor that the role caused his death.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2008, 07:40:46 AM »
Fricken clowns scare me.

I have always been a big fan of Batman. Huge. Even the campy Joel Schoemacher films. When I was little I used to watch Adam West Batman reruns all the time. When the films came out it was great. I remember the day the Batman animated series premiered. I was pissed because in the middle of the show my dad yelled at me to go rake leaves. Luckily it was only a catwomen story. Mark Hamil to me was the perfect Joker. He played three different Jokers on the show. Psychopath, Clown, and Villain.One of my favorite episodes is where Joker escapes from jail. While in Jail he manages to grab a cleaning cart and mixes the chemicals together. Batman has some dialog about Jokers strong knowledge of chemistry. The joker takes the cart and creates a super slippery substance, which is also a super base...it first causes a prison gaurd to slip, and then melt(if i remember correctly) Joker escapes from prison and stills a semi and drives like a maniac.

Joker is sick, sick, sick. My imagination of joker is similar to how Renfield on Dracula was played. The one with Bela Legosi. Theres a Russian meme. Russians don't smile often. When we come over to their country and we have big grins on our face they worry. People who smile all the time must be crazy. Joker has a permanent smile on his face. Thats in makeup, usually he's actually frowning, when he does smile though then he is thinking of all the great ways to torture you.

I remember when i was a kid i had this Batman video game for the pc, Jokers revenge. On it there is a great picture of joker, He has this huge grin, I remember posing in the mirror and imitating his grin, the way his eyes squint when he smiles. I look really close to that. I wanted to eb joker last Halloween, but i don't have a purple suit.

i'd dress as joker this year, but i fear there will be too many people dressing as such. Cobra Commander is looking good though.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2008, 08:56:55 AM »
All Batman products need more Harley Quinn hawtness.

The entirely body-painted kind.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.