Author Topic: Would you be interested in a live call-in interview with a Capcom employee?  (Read 2355 times)

Offline Demondo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Before I begin, let me just cover my bases by saying NOTHING HAS BEEN FINALISED ON. That being said, I'll tell you what I'm trying to do. As the title suggests I'm trying to set-up a web stream radio broadcast of an interview with a Capcom employee. The catch? YOU GUYS are the ones who call in, and ask the questions.

Here are the details I've arranged so far.

- I've got a relatively new Capcom employee (currently he has been there for around 2 months) to agree to do the interview.  (Yes Billy, you should know who it is! )

- I've also arranged for someone to conduct the interview and stream it through their DEDICATED server.

- The time frame I'm looking at is within the next month or so, which should give me plenty of time to wrap up any last minute details, and promote the event publically.

- It'll work by one person (who for now, wishes to remain annonymous) calling the Capcom employee. Then the same person will give out their own HOME phone number, you call them and the calls will be conferenced. (There won't be a 1-800 number though, and the person you'll be calling lives in the US. Tennessee actually.) Note, this method has been tested with another interview. It works fine, and everything is completely hearable.

- The event will take place on a Saturday or Sunday probably around beginning at around 4PM-5PM EST. (The time hasn't been finalized on, so the time is subject to change.) Both parties have agreed to give up part of their weekend to do this!

- I'm hoping to have the thing done within the next month. So as you can imagine, the questions will GENERALLY be about getting into the industry. Seeing as how the Capcom guy will have only worked for them for 3 months. BUT, at the same time, you can ask any question so long as it is PG-13.

- The web broadcast will be at 4KB/s so dial-up users can tune in. And while they won't be able to call-in (what with one phone line and such) you can ask questions in an IRC chat. *BUT* not all IRC questions will be answered due to time limits.

- The whole interview will probably last from 30-60 minutes of call-in time. So be sure to have your question(s) clearly planned out before calling... if you call. Time is very valuable.

- For those of you who can't tune in, the show will be recorded and you can then download it. But no, there won't be a transcript made. (Well unless one of you guys make it. )

- The Capcom guy, I think, works in game testing. Or something similar because when I asked him about his job he said: "I basicly help with the production of the game. Help design if you will. I dont do anything technical really."

So what do you guys think? Would you listen to it? Would you want any specific changes made? I'm trying to see how the public receives the idea before going through with it full force.  Also, just so you know, I'm not some newb. I've been in the chat for MONTHS.

Also, I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong forum.

P.S. I know I've posted this in a couple boards on the net, I'm just testing the waters on different types of communities to see how the demand goes. I'm trying to do something that I've personally never seen done before, in a way that it'll appeal to as many people as possible.

Offline SuperCube

• View Profile
I just hope it isn't one of those interviews like Penny Arcade. Ugh. Too much cursing for a professional interview. I think this thing will work out very well if you ask me. Billeh, I hope this goes well.
"I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."

- A. J. Liebling (1904-1963)

Offline Demondo

• View Profile
Eer, Billy isn't doing this interview. The Capcom guy just happens to be a mutual contact.

And like I said it'll be professional, which is why it is PG-13 rated. I just thought it would be cool if you get to call in with the questions.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Wow. I wish I lived in the US (well, not really, but for sake of this post).
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence