Author Topic: Naruto Shippuuden (SPOILERS)  (Read 4412 times)

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Naruto Shippuuden (SPOILERS)
« on: February 16, 2007, 05:40:39 AM »
So who's watched it?  I downloaded the first episode overnight and watched it first thing this morning.  They did a fair job of mixing the beginning with background to catch people up after the 85 episodes of filler.  The opening was a nice tease at what's to come, but I do think they stayed on it too long.  I would have cut it when they showed Sasuke's silhouette or the back of his head.  
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Naruto Shippuuden (SPOILERS)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 06:30:09 AM »
The filler is FINALLY over?  Guess I can finally start watching again...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 06:37:25 AM »
I watched the first volume of Disgaea last night (episodes 1 ~ 4) the second volume is out next month I think.  It was very amusing.

Off topic, but whatever.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 06:55:50 AM »
They are over?

I think I should download the first episode...
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 11:13:50 AM »
I have yet to download the first episode, I'm not in a rush anyway.
Those that don't read the manga scanlations, wouldn't it confuse them by putting the sasuke scene right on the first episode...oh well, at least Naruto non-filler is back.

Btw, the game for Wii was also released, Famitsu didn't give it a nice score, below 30 I think.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 11:28:01 AM »
I don't think that it would confuse anyone really.  Everyone knows Sasuke went to Orochimaru and that Naruto is set on rescuing him. The last filler even repeated some of the stuff from the last real episode to reclaim the idea of Naruto leaving to train.  
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2007, 06:15:07 AM »
I downloaded the episode after I saw this thread. I really enjoyed it. It was great seeing the characters once more, seeing how much they have grown and how things were in Konoha Village (although I did find it redundant when Naruto kept seeing everything and he was like "Man, this is so nostalgic!").

I loved the little interstitials where they showed how the characters have grown and changed. It's amazing how tall Naruto is now!

I also loved when Konohamaru showed Naruto the sexy jutsu then Naruto's like "I'm a grown up now, I don't do such techniques anymore...BECAUSE I HAVE MORE PERVERTED TRICKS!". Sakura's reaction was priceless.

It was also great seeing Jiraiya again. I don't know why but he's one of my favorite characters in the series.

So yeah, I hope this is a great continuation to an awesome series. The first episode shows a lot of promise and can't wait to see what happens next, although I feel like calling this Naruto Z, since this is basically a second version of the series (at least to me it is...).
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
RE:Naruto Shippuuden (SPOILERS)
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2007, 11:25:25 PM »
Jiraiya is also one of my favorite characters, because he is what Naruto is going to be, better even.

I'm sure you've all realized that the new Sannin's are going to be the old Team 7, and they're all training, or have trained under the person they are going to be like. Jiraiya even made mention of it again, when Sakura punched Naruto, "That strength, and that temper, she's just like Tsunade."

Anyway, it was a good start again to the main story, I really can't wait for the anime to be where the manga is, Ransengan Shuriken!!! there are some good things happening in between the two points, like meeting some other fav characters like Neji, and Hinata.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2007, 11:17:09 AM »
I finally had some time to watch the episode.
I think it was a great episode, even though I didn't like the Sasuke scene being shown so early it was still pretty cool to watch it.
If they don't use too many filler episodes we are in for a treat, I'm talking about the fights of course.

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2007, 11:46:38 AM »
That's always the down side to watching anime; there will always be fillers.
The worse part about it is that it's necessary to keep the anime and manga seperated since often times an episode of anime covers 2 - 2.5 chapters of manga.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2007, 10:42:10 AM »
yay fillers are over!

but since I read the manga, I'll wait until they get to the interesting parts Akatsuki fights
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2007, 01:52:49 PM »
I really enjoyed the first episode, just as Naruto is becoming Jiraiya (as was foreshadowed way back when he learnt to summon Gamabunta) Konohamaru is becoming Naruto. The redux of the cat mission was a clever piece of filler.

I assumed the Sasuke scene was placed in the intro because according to the most recent character poll in Japan he is the most popular character and he has been absent from the program for so long. It was a dramatic start and really pumped up the tempo of an episode which otherwise was pretty suspense free.
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2007, 03:29:52 PM »

Originally posted by: MaryJane
Jiraiya is also one of my favorite characters, because he is what Naruto is going to be, better even.

I'm sure you've all realized that the new Sannin's are going to be the old Team 7, and they're all training, or have trained under the person they are going to be like. Jiraiya even made mention of it again, when Sakura punched Naruto, "That strength, and that temper, she's just like Tsunade."

Anyway, it was a good start again to the main story, I really can't wait for the anime to be where the manga is, Ransengan Shuriken!!! there are some good things happening in between the two points, like meeting some other fav characters like Neji, and Hinata.

That was hinted in one of the old Naruto artwork pieces, the one where they show team 7 holding an animal (Naruto a frog, Sakura a slug and Sasuke a snake).

I noticed that during the Tsunade story arc.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline odifiend

• "Who's the tough guy now Vinnie?"
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 12:14:15 AM »
Not to be... uh anal, but according to the manga shouldn't naruto have been like f'ed up based on what happened the morning before?  I also didn't like that they showed so much of that Sasuke interaction... while leaving so many pieces out!  I was definitely waiting for that scene though.  Drawing the blade was just how I pictured it.  Delicious.
Kiss the Cynic!

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2007, 10:27:52 AM »
BUMP!

Did you guys catch the third episode? I just watched it and it was great. I loved how the whole episode was like a set back to the beginning of the series. Sakura kicks ass now! And Naruto has gotten smart too!

Now this is the progression I've been dying for!
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2007, 09:59:35 AM »
I've been reading Shippuden in manga form since Jan 2006. The first couple of arcs are a little shaky, but still worth it. It definitely kicks it up a notch once Naruto starts his elemental training.
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2007, 05:55:48 PM »

Originally posted by: MaryJane

Fuuton Rasengan Shuiriken , seriously.
But anyway, the part in the first episode with Sasuke talking to the Kyubi was definately un-necessary. It could've stopped there. That's basically the end of their confrontation anyway.
There needs to be a manga thread.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2007, 07:11:10 PM »
Yes, please feel free to create a manga thread.  I'm starting to get uncomfortable with highlighting spoilers because I haven't read the manga in months.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2007, 11:14:29 AM »
Hopefully they have a good budget for every major fight, specially for the *don't read it Bloodworth, or anyone else that is not up to date with the japanese manga*Sakura & Granny VS Sasori, Orochimaru VS Super-Kyuubified-Naruto battles.

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2007, 12:34:55 PM »
:rool::

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2007, 06:53:07 AM »
Finished watching 1-3.  I don't like how they are jumping around.  I don't like the pacing at the moment. I don't like that I didn't get to see a grown up Hinata.

Overall though I wish the filler would have gone through some of that training the 2.5 years was suppose to had happened.  Also There all still doing pretty much the same moves they did before.  At the beginning of the series there was some basic Ninjutsu that everyone could do.  Later on though everyone was hyper specialized and seem to have totally forgot those other moves or moves from a different school.

Though in the end I still vastly prefer the Hinata episodes and the light-hearted episodes.  The serious episodes that have been the start of this "series" are better then the previous filler ones and the one towards the end of the non-filler material before.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2007, 06:27:49 AM »
4th episode is up.

Good episode, I liked how they were able to defeat Kakashi at the end :p .
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2007, 10:48:54 AM »
Yeah. (Though I wished they didn't jump.)

You know what the Bad thing is about these though.  I've read though at least this much of the Manga and in my mind I don't remember Manga I remember Anime, color the whole bit.  So while I never actually "saw" these episodes before I get a true sense of Deja Vu because I'm remembering the Manga which I remember like an Anime.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2007, 12:33:03 PM »
Yeah the 4th episode was great, because of Gaara.

I would wish they would animate the Kakashi gaiden, but alas it might become a special filler when they need to fill in with filler.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2007, 03:43:25 PM »
Yeah, when I heard that the last filler arc would indeed be the last filler arc, I was hoping that the Kakashi Gaiden story would follow Part 1. I'm hoping for some kind of OVA that will show it. It's too good not to be animated. It lets you know so much about Kakashi and the 4th Hokage.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.