Author Topic: It's a shame I didn't discover Firefly sooner.  (Read 2923 times)

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
It's a shame I didn't discover Firefly sooner.
« on: September 06, 2007, 10:20:18 PM »
...is great. It's a shame I didn't discover it sooner.  
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.†- Richard M. Nixon

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
RE:It's a shame I didn't discover Firefly sooner.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 03:55:31 AM »
Yes, you phail.

You could have helped stop its premature death, now we know who to blame. At the very least you can pick up the brand new limited collectors edition dvd to help ease Joss' soul.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
RE: It's a shame I didn't discover Firefly sooner.
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 04:44:49 AM »
Firefly - The complete series $19.99

I never really watched the show, but I did really like the movie. So maybe I'll purchase this and actually watch the show too.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
    • View Profile
RE: It's a shame I didn't discover Firefly sooner.
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 02:25:29 PM »
The show it awesome as well.

I also feel like a dumbass for discovering it so late. The fact that f*cking fox canned it and yet keeps trash like american idol on helps to justify my reasoning that existence is fundamentally flawed.  
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
RE:It's a shame I didn't discover Firefly sooner.
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 08:06:46 AM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother
The show it awesome as well.

I also feel like a dumbass for discovering it so late. The fact that f*cking fox canned it and yet keeps trash like american idol on helps to justify my reasoning that existence is fundamentally flawed.

Good thing I wanted to watch the whole series that one time, eh? :p

To be honest, I forgot the meaning behind brown coat. Was that a military uniform in the series or does that refer to the color of the characters' outfits?

Anora and Jayne were my favorite characters, but I liked all of them. The show (and the movie)  proved that characters in a sci-fi series don't have to be cold and emotionless in order to provide drama and epic storytelling.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline wandering

• View Profile
RE:Firefly is great.
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 12:33:06 PM »

You could have helped stop [the show's] premature death, now we know who to blame.

Actually, I didn't have a nielson box when the show was on, and so didn't contribute to the show's death at all.

Anora and Jayne were my favorite characters, but I liked all of them. The show (and the movie)  proved that characters in a sci-fi series don't have to be cold and emotionless in order to provide drama and epic storytelling.

I loved all of the characters too much to pick favorites....but I think Captain Reynolds was the most remarkable person on the boat. If you think about it, he's the reason the rest of them were there. He picked the ship, and the crew. He chose to not abandon the doctor and river, and not to kill Jayne, when most anyone else would have.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.†- Richard M. Nixon

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Firefly
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 06:58:20 AM »

Originally posted by: wandering

You could have helped stop [the show's] premature death, now we know who to blame.

Actually, I didn't have a nielson box when the show was on, and so didn't contribute to the show's death at all.

Does that mean you have one now so we can blame you in teh FUTURE?
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
RE: Firefly
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 02:05:03 PM »
Crazy! I just started watching this on DVD yesterday. I guess I contributed to its premature demise too.

Sorry guys. (looks down, kicks dust)
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 04:34:04 PM »
I'm in the same boat.... I didn't watch the tv series on DVD until AFTER watching Serenity... and then I was totally bummed when the season ended and I was forced to confront the harsh reality!!!

*sniff*

Only Ugly Betty season 2 can console me now.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2007, 04:51:58 PM »
How can you like Firefly but not like Cowboy Bebop, Kairon? They're practically the same thing, except Firefly has more cowboy and less bebop.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2007, 05:01:39 PM »
Firefly has more heart, Bebop has more of everything that makes it an anime.

I'll confess to having watched only an episode or two of the tv series, but the Cowboy Bebop movie, while well done, bored me.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2007, 05:06:13 PM »

Originally posted by: Kairon
Firefly has more heart, Bebop has more of everything that makes it an anime.

I'll confess to having watched only an episode or two of the tv series, but the Cowboy Bebop movie, while well done, bored me.

You have to watch more than just an episode or two . . . plus watching the entire series helps to make the movie all the more awesome (IMHO).

Also, Bebop . . . doesn't feel anime-ish to me. It's one of the few series I enjoy in english more particularly because it has a very un-anime un-japanesey feel to it, at least it does to me.

But yeah definitely watch more than 2 episodes =)