Author Topic: EGM rate Zelda!!!  (Read 15000 times)

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
EGM rate Zelda!!!
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2003, 04:02:48 PM »
I found their review to be very very good.

It was very unfanboyish and it comes to show how great Zelda will be.  

I mean, who cares so much about this score?  maybe the people that are insecure about getting zelda.

but i sure am not in hell afraid to get zelda because in my mind i'd give it straight 10's probably myself.
Money for war but not enough to feed the poor - TuPac

Offline theaveng

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
EGM rate Zelda!!!
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2003, 02:25:13 AM »

Originally posted by: Koopa Troopa

Only perfect games should get perfect 10s. And Zelda: WW is not perfect.
Did you actually read any of the posts here? Nobody is mad because it got a 9.5. tThey are mad because GTA:VC, the POS addon for the worlds worst game, got perfect 10s.
"Get a life" is the comment that immedicately springs to mind.  I mean, c'mon, do you really think a 9.5 is going to affect Zelda sales?!?!?  Will it affect your enjoyment of the game?!?!?  Jeez, I wish my life was so simplistic that all I had to worry about was a lousy -0.5 less than GTA: Vice City.  But no, I'm an adult.  I have more important things to worry about.  Like paying my ~$1000 a month in bills, finding another job after getting laid off, and then kissing the bosses' butt so I can hang onto that job so I don't have to go on welfare.

And you're all high-blood-pressure boy because Zelda got a cumulative score of 29.5 instead of 30?   "Get a life."  Go play Zelda's Master Quest.  This -0.5 less than Vice City is trivial BS.

Offline Stex

• View Profile
EGM rate Zelda!!!
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2003, 02:08:12 PM »
Blah, blah, blah.....like other people said, it's all subjective.  Just like people are calling GTA:VC a piece of crap:

"I am not mad at the 9.5. I am mad because a piece of crap like Vice City gets a perfect score while Zelda doesn't. It's like that girl you had a crush on back in high school who would only go out with the most worthless men she could find. It's insulting. "

How the hell is it insulting?  VC is not worthless, and Zelda is not perfect, come on now.  Reviews are SUBJECTIVE, meaning they are OPINIONS.  Why do people get their panties all up in a bunch over stuff like this?  Ughhhhh.....

And what is so innovative about WW anyways?  Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's going to be amazing but nothing really caught my eye as being really innovative like OoT was.

Offline strat

• View Profile
EGM rate Zelda!!!
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2003, 03:34:48 PM »
I'm sure a dozen Nintendo fanboys emailing Shoe will definitely cause EGM to immediately pull all existing magazines off the shelves for a reprint.

Let it be.  You haven't even played Zelda yet.  One person's opinion shouldn't get people so upset.  It's a game.  Plus, I think GTA:VC deserved three 10's     *Shields face*  
[] * []
Strat

Offline GoldShadow

• View Profile
EGM rate Zelda!!!
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2003, 05:02:32 PM »
The PGC forums live up to their logo so well.

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• View Profile
EGM rate Zelda!!!
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2003, 05:38:35 PM »
Stex: Who said it was innovative?  What was so innovative about Halo? Splinter Cell?  Rogue Leader?  Mario Sunshine?

Offline Stex

• View Profile
EGM rate Zelda!!!
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2003, 06:10:10 PM »

Originally posted by: NickNiteQ93
LOL  Vice City got ALL 10's?????????
Ok, I can name PLENTY of glitches in the game.  First, it freezes at particular spots.  Second, the controls, although very useful, aren't very responsive.  Third, it's EGM.  I can name plenty of other mags that are stuck up Sony's and MS's butt.  Don't worry about it.  9.5 is alot better than what I thought it'd get.  I figured that since they usually don't like inovative, rock hard games that it'd get like a 9.0 or maybe an 8.5.  But I'm happy with that score.  Peace

Note the use of "innovative, rock hard".  Not just from him either, I hear it thrown around a lot....some games are worthy of being called truly innovative, many are not and they're called that anyway.  I dunno, just a bit of a peeve of mine.

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• View Profile
EGM rate Zelda!!!
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2003, 05:33:50 PM »
Well it gets thrown around alot basically.

What's so innovative about WW.......  i dunno maybe those type of cel-shaded graphics are a first.  Maybe revolutionary?

i dunno i never played the thing.  I have halo too,  although it is a great game,  I've played through nearly avery single N64(best fps console) fps,  and didn't find it revolutionary.  

a lot of things were on other fps. evolutionary would be what i'd say it is.  Maybe the same with WW. just evolutionary.

Offline X-Box Nemesis

• View Profile
EGM rate Zelda!!!
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2003, 01:37:46 AM »
But,the game is cool,and needs a 10/10.how come GTA gets 10/10 while zelda gets 9.5/10????
Thats weird.the game should get 10/10.
Be Kind, be cool & be Groovy

Offline Cashcow

• View Profile
EGM rate Zelda!!!
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2003, 09:11:12 AM »

Originally posted by: X-Box Nemesis
But,the game is cool,and needs a 10/10.how come GTA gets 10/10 while zelda gets 9.5/10????
Thats weird.the game should get 10/10.

Why does it matter what that reviewer gave it? Like a 9.5 is bad? And why do you care how he liked it, if you know that you will?
<(0_________o)>

Offline Zeth

• View Profile
EGM rate Zelda!!!
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2003, 09:39:11 AM »
just because they gave vice city scores it didn't deserve doesn't mean wind waker should get a 10. They also gave majora's mask scores it didn't deserve!!!
anyway, EGM is really stupid.

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• View Profile
EGM rate Zelda!!!
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2003, 12:25:02 PM »

Originally posted by: Zeth
just because they gave vice city scores it didn't deserve doesn't mean wind waker should get a 10. They also gave majora's mask scores it didn't deserve!!!
anyway, EGM is really stupid.

that makes your post bs.

Offline BoMbErMaN123

• View Profile
EGM rate Zelda!!!
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2003, 07:58:39 PM »
I was reading the review for the game and it said that mark something ( one of the people that reviewed the game) was the one that didnt think it was perfect. He said that it was easy enough that he never had to worry about dying.
". . . And you shall shed tears of scarlet." Vicious, Cowboy Bebop

Offline AtomPowerd

• View Profile
EGM rate Zelda!!!
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2003, 09:16:40 AM »
Ahh, reminds me of a Rosenbergs lyric:
"Which side are you on? I doesn't really matter if you're not sided with me."

Personally, I respect Mark's honesty.  Most people would be tempted to look past any flaws the game may have just because the game hapens to be a Zelda. I think the scores were fair. As they usually are. Just look at the game of the year in that same issue: Metroid Prime. Game Informer (another honest publication imho) barely put it on their list.

You really shouldn't accuse EGM of all people of having their heads up anybodies butt. They're one of the very few mainstream magazines who have a long history of credibility. They're quite possibly the most respected multi-platform games magazine out there. They have guts and when something sucks they'll say it. They were the first to really decry PS2's crappy launch lineup, they pushed for the out-of-vogue and dying Dreamcast, and (although I don't agree with their decision) they actually took a stance on which console to buy at launch when everybody else was saying either "get both" or "they're both pretty good, so it's really up to you." I'd choose them over any other magazine to give me advice on what to play.

Of course I could be a bit biased here... I've ran to the bathroom five times (seriously, five) while writing this and the only friend I've had with me is my EGM.

EGM rate Zelda!!!
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2003, 01:07:17 PM »
What I don't like about this whole conversation is the fact that everyone's so upset about one person in one magazine's opinion. You know the game will rock, or at least hope it will, so why are you so upset? I have three ideas why: 1, You think that the review will turn some people off because it's not perfect. Well, too bad. You don't realize how unlikely that is, since most people who want the game have pre-ordered it. If not for WW, at least for OoT/MQ. Then there's 2, the rating has affected your judgement of the game, and you fear that it won't be as great as you thought it will. I can't really offer any encouraging advice, but you'll find out how good it is once you pop it into your GC. Finally 3, you think that fanboys of other consoles will have more stuff to bash GC with. Face it, the only people who really listen to fanboys are other fanboys. Don't sweat the small stuff man, and it won't sweat you. Okay, nevermind about that.

BTW, EGM ain't the best thing you can get. I'd check out a little hole in the wall named planetgamecube.com
DON'T PANIC:
If you suffer from overactivity and are rather hyper, repeatedly press one.
If you are indecisive and need someone else to do stuff for you, get a friend to press two.
If you have schitzophrenia and any other multi-personality diseases, press three, four, five, six, seven, and

Offline JoeFalco

• View Profile
EGM rate Zelda!!!
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2003, 10:11:11 PM »
I wouldn't worry about it.  EGM can think whatever it thinks.  It's their opinion first of all and second anyone who has played the game knows it's good so why get worked up over a small thing like this?  I love Zelda just as much as the next Nintendo fan-boy (though some that have a triforce burned on their skins would most likely love it more than I do).
The sun never sets...on those who ride into it.  We just gotta keep going!

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
EGM rate Zelda!!!
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2003, 02:32:12 AM »
I really cant stand some of you people.
How the hell can you say what Zelda deserves when you havent even played the game yet?
This guy has played the f'in game. He gave his opinion. He was very detailed and honest in those opinions.
Now grow up.
Once you have played the game then you can talk, untill then his opinion is worth a hell of a lot more than yours.
Having sex when your 90 is like shooting pool with a piece of rope

Offline Cashcow

• View Profile
EGM rate Zelda!!!
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2003, 09:30:02 AM »

Once you have played the game then you can talk, untill then his opinion is worth a hell of a lot more than yours.

Even after they play the game, they still shouldn't be complaining about a score that a reviewer gave it. No one can prove an opinion to be wrong.

<(0_________o)>

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
EGM rate Zelda!!!
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2003, 06:10:19 PM »
  Reviews are like toilet paper.  Some are soft and cuddly, some are coarse and harsh, and at the end of the day, it matters not, because they are not used for anything else.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline boggy b

• View Profile
EGM rate Zelda!!!
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2003, 11:09:23 AM »
For phucks sake ITS ONLY A GAME! You're tlaking like it's the most important thing ever! If he gives it 9.5 that's up to him!

Play the game, and enjoy it. Don't rant at someone because they gave a game that you apparently only live to play a lower than perfect score.
"And when he gets to heaven,
To St. Peter he will tell:
One more soldier reporting Sir,
I've served my time in hell."

Offline SirX-Wolf

• View Profile
EGM rate Zelda!!!
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2003, 12:56:12 PM »
From my experience, EGM is a pretty good magazine, and I don't believe they are biased. In my opinion, no game should get a "perfect" score, though.

Offline Squall

• View Profile
EGM rate Zelda!!!
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2003, 01:50:51 PM »
I find it hilarious how people will say EGM is so biased, when the editorial this month was on that subject exactly.  They've had advertisments pulled because of lousy reviews.