Author Topic: CSI / CBS Say people who play video games kill, and video game companies are the devil  (Read 2736 times)

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
...all in a single hour...

Did anyone watch today's episode of CSI Miami?  I was fine with a lot of it...  Basically it played off the EA spouse letter about how evil all them video game companies were.  Uhmm i guess i'll start spoilering..

It turns out a tester killed another tester because he thought he was favored...  Yeah.. kind of dumb.
Then they ended the show with the stupid chick saying "It's easier to kill in a video game isn't it."

So, I don't know what to think.  It pissed me off the way it ended, and in general it sucked..but this is pretty bad publicity for the entire industry even though its on a fictional show.  What do you all think?
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
I think us gamers should go on a rampage and kill all the shits who say such asinine things.

Oh, for serious?  I think The Omen should watch his back.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Well, I got to tell ya...I'd be very, very careful who I talked to about this. Because the person who wrote that...is dangerous. This button-down oxford cloth psycho might just snap at any moment, stalking from office to office with an Armatile AR-10 Carbine-Gas semiautomatic weapon, bitterly pumping round after round into colleagues and co-workers. Might be someone you've known for years...someone very, very close to you.

Stress makes people kill. That's how it works. Push a man over the edge and he'll take you with him. That throw-in about videogames was just a lame attempt at a joke though I'm sure the media loves to perpetuate the "games make killers" myth in an attempt to get the kids back in front of the TV. Videogames are hurting TV, that's why TV attempts to strike back.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Sounds like a pretty lame episode. CSI Miami is pretty weak overall anyway. CSI Original and NY are far stronger shows.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I wrote an english essay about how crap like that isn't true.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
Was that essay one sentance long?

CSI is weak TV, the only good TV is Iron Chef, Blackadder, CNNNN and of course Double the Fist.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
It was actually like 5 pages but I mostly just call people idiots and bullies for about 4 of them.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Ohhh. I thought I was the only one who watched Double the fist.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
You haven't noticed Rabicle for the last ~ 1.5 years?

Offline 09n

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Rabile is onluy right about Blackadder.
No, we're not eating Nibbler - leela
I'll fire up the grill - Bender