Author Topic: Naruto Licensed!!!!!!  (Read 6135 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Naruto Licensed!!!!!!
« on: February 19, 2005, 01:59:31 PM »
Damn, I'v seen every episode..and now i'll have to wait till they come over here to watch them again. I'm moving to japan damnit
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
RE: Naruto Licensed!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2005, 03:15:00 PM »
It was expected to happen sooner or later, no big deal there. I wonder if they licensed only the 1st part of the series or the whole two parts of Naruto?! If it would be the case where they can only have access to the first part then people shouldn't be worried because there aren't many episodes left to finish the 1st in Japan and so we will be seeing Naruto again displayed on animesuki, but then again it's just my speculation.

Fyi Perm, some groups are still doing Naruto so I guess it's just a matter of you knowing where to continue to get Naruto.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2005, 03:24:09 PM »
If you don't have any problem with downloading a liscensed anime then there's always a place to get them

I'm surprised that it didn't get liscensed sooner.  Personally I hate the anime and couldn't watch past episode 7, but everyone else in the world seems to love it.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2005, 03:46:16 PM »
thats because episode 8 is when it gets good lol ahahaha
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2005, 03:47:11 PM »
In every forum I go there is one thread about Naruto being licensed and it's quite funny to me because I'm certain that if ShoPro wrecks the dubs just like 4Kids did with One Piece than expect mass histeria. Just imagine if they change the characters names, lol, mass histeria again!

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2005, 03:51:46 PM »
I think knowsNothing (or anyone else that doesn't like the series) should just download the episodes where great battles happen just to see if it's worth a second chance. I can agree to why the anime is a turn off for some people, but when it comes to the manga I can only see as their only excuse is that they don't like to read comics and they need to see it in motion.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2005, 01:16:38 AM »
All I want is the GC games coming here.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2005, 05:09:20 AM »
Callian: I actually enjoyed the manga quite a bit, and I should probably get to reading the rest of it (I think I stopped at the same place in the manga  >_>).  But still, that's me being just plain lazy
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2005, 02:28:40 PM »
KDR_11k: I totally agree, I'm certain they will bring Naruto games but they won't skip the 1st and 2nd games and bring the 3rd [Bastards!].

Knowsnothing: The manga is less of a hassle to follow but the anime is still needed to at least see them in action in some of the awesome battles that happen, specially now considering the 1st real battle of the recent beginning of the 2nd part of the manga.

Offline theRPGFreak

• OVERLORD
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Naruto Licensed!!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2005, 10:49:39 AM »
Who licensed it?  
"I can't read...im not a loser."~Master Shake

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2005, 01:55:46 PM »

Originally posted by: theRPGFreak
Who licensed it?

ShoPro licensed the show and merchandising, it didn't get the manga because they recently merged with Viz so obviously they own it too. Naruto will be shown on Cartoon Network Toonami because CN bought the rights to broadcast it, also One Piece will be shown on Toonami. Hopefully they won't censor both shows as much as 4Kids does.

Offline ZombieGalford

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2005, 01:43:26 PM »
I heard Naruto is sorta like DBZ, but not.  Is it good action and plot, or just good action?
Somehow my last user name was banned even though I haven't used this site since 2003.

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2005, 02:01:49 PM »
I've been a Naruto fan for a while and it's very exciting that it's making its way over to the states. I only followed the manga since I've never had the patience for anime downloads, but if the animated series is half as good as its comic counterpart, I'm certian I won't be disappointed. And to Zombie, there are a lot of similarities between Naruto and DBZ as Naruto has the same taste of action, but the plot is a whole lot better.  
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2005, 04:05:33 PM »
Yes the plot is alot way more sophisticated and so are the fighting strategies.

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2005, 05:13:10 PM »
naruto and dragon ball are practically the same. The same absurdly long battles that takes episodes and episodes, the same humor, the story is in no way more sofisticated, if anything is more "digestable" for lack of a better word. The only real difference is that DB is almost 15 years old, and since graphic whores are not gaming world exclusive, the average naruto fan a.k.a narutard think is better because the fights are cooler...

/end of rant

ok, now seriously, I just dont like shounen anime, except Saint Seiya, which imo is far superior than naruto and dragon ball
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2005, 06:00:51 PM »
I can agree with mantidor that the Naruto anime has its flaws, as do many other anime, but to go to the point to say that the only shounen anime he likes is Saint Seiya then I have to say that mantidor's opinion about Naruto isn't logical or acceptable in any way. Don't get me wrong, I too love Saint Seiya and many other shounen anime/manga but then a question pops up on my brain: why does mantidor love Saint Seiya? It's not that I really care about the flaws but Saint Seiya has the same flaw as Naruto or Dragonball which is the long battles, and just to rub it in a little more it has one more flaw: each character has the same 2 or 3 techniques that they use over and over where the only difference is in power that they are released.

I'm not trying to insult or hurt mantidor's opinion in anyway, I just thought that he was too uninformative.

ZombieGalford: Sorry about this little difference of opinion but to tell you the truth it is better for you to rather wait until September and watch Naruto to generate your own opinion or you could just go buy/rent/borrow the manga/anime and see for yourself if you like it or not.  

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2005, 07:01:51 PM »
hmm... no, Saint Seiya fights are 2 episodes at most, sometimes three in very rare cases, while Naruto and DB have 6 episodes battles, sorry but thats unbearable. but why do I love Saint Seiya? honestly its because its my childhood anime show and It has a very special place in my heart, and it seems more heroic and epic than other shounen anime and manga, and Im also very fond about anything related to mythology. Its a matter of taste at the end. No hard feelings ^^
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2005, 07:28:01 PM »
LOL, no hard feelings too. I too love Saint Seiya for the same reasons as you (childhood show and I love mythology). It is true that in SS the battles aren't too long but considering that each character doesn't use more than 3 different attacks then it is normal for them not to last longer, imagine if each knight from SS had 100+ attacks at their disposal?! You would see that certain battles would last more then they would.
And besides we have to consider that these shows are prolonged because of their commercial value, I am still a firm believer that manga cuts off all the flaws that anime present but manga still has one major flaw which is it not being animated.

Offline Savior

• I want one too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2005, 07:30:55 PM »
A friend of mine saw Naruto and said 1.Its good and 2. its got Ninjas.. and i love Ninjas so i want to see this
The Savior Returns Late 2005

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2005, 04:39:03 AM »
You'll like it, and Im sure naruto will be extremely popular, lets hope they dont edit the show too much, lets hope they dont edit it at all! I remember when anime wasnt still popular in USA, so here in latinamerica distribution companies could get the rights more easily and we got series like Saint Seiya, Sailor Moon and even Card Captor Sakura completly unedited! even the names were the same! then suddenly this uptight US companies start getting all the shows and now we have to tolerate "brown" blood in Inuyasha, which is just plain wrong.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2005, 05:45:07 AM »
Um, for those not versed in anime nutspeak, what is the definition of "Shounen Anime"?

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2005, 06:22:36 AM »
now I feel like an obnoxious anime fanboy for that ^_^ well, shounen means young man or a kid, so shounen anime is animated shows aimed to younger male audiences, These shows are heavily based on action most of the time, well they are for guys anyway. The opposite (so to speak) genre is shoujo, which is, you guess it, shows aimed at girls, and these are more focused on romance or relationships than action.

One wise person sometime said that if you know the equivalent for a foreign world in your own language you shouldn't use the foreign one, but saying "young men animation shows" sounds kind of weird, heh.