Author Topic: Killer 7 delayed... again  (Read 37438 times)

Offline rpglover

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Killer 7 delayed... again
« Reply #100 on: July 19, 2005, 04:39:18 PM »
like i said before, the game is definately worth playing just to see the story unfold
spoilers ahoy - read only if you've finished the game

I really like how the story unfolded as you got to the end especially - especially in smile - when you go back into the building in philadelphia and see each seperate killing of the 'killer 7' - i can honestly say that garcian / emir is one of the better characters to be written into a game in a long time

the story definately took some odd turns towards the end as well.  the whole game i had a perception of what was going on but then BAM this crazy ending comes along and throws my ideas out the window.  to me, it almost seemed like there are 3 seperate harman smiths - old harman playing chess, the harman you (garcian / emir) killed and placed into the safe, and the young harman you meet towards the end - not quite sure what to think of each of those characters.  and what about kun lan????????????  is he iwazaru?  and what about dan smith...wasn't he killed by curtis or did curtis only kill one of garcian's personalities?  well capcom, you did it - you actually made a game that makes my WTF meter go crazier than after beating metal gear solid 2

i call the big one bitey.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE: Killer 7 delayed... again
« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2005, 03:31:27 AM »
With regards to the recent PGC review, I give one thumb up for the review's coverage and attention to game details that prospective buyers would be interested in, and two thumbs down for the SPOILERS, as well as the SPOILERS.

Careful, Karl.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2005, 10:20:39 AM »
I, too, approve of the review.  A very good look at the game, and I feel pretty much the same way about it.  However, the spoilers would be a bit of a disappointment if I hadn't already played the game.
The Kevin Smith joke was really good, though.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 01, 2005, 06:44:13 PM »
Spoilers? You mean the order in which the level progresses? I thought it only counted as spoilers when you reveal story details. My bad, guys.
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #104 on: August 01, 2005, 08:09:45 PM »
Providing details on the process(es) for defeating a boss or other significant gameplay events/challenges (which one may consider to be best left as a surprise for the player) is also a spoiler.  Balancing how much written detail to include and what to hold back is difficult, I understand.  

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 16, 2005, 10:29:56 AM »
I'm a little pissed right now.

Less than 2 weeks ago, I bought Killer 7 at the regualr price of $49.99 (US). Today, I went to GameStop during lunch to pre-order a few games (WWE: Day Of Reckoning 2, Nintendogs and Advance Wars: Dual Strike). I took a quick glance at the GameCube wall of games and saw 'Killer 7' new for $29.99!!!

When did the price drop?
PEACE--->Rhoq

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #106 on: August 16, 2005, 02:24:10 PM »
No clue, I found that price today as well when visiting EB to pickup Geist.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2005, 10:36:42 AM »
Rhoq - do you still have your receipt?  If so, buy another copy (use cash) and then return it using the old receipt a couple days later.  You shouldn't have any problems getting your $50 back.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2005, 02:15:43 AM »

Originally posted by: vudu
Rhoq - do you still have your receipt?  If so, buy another copy (use cash) and then return it using the old receipt a couple days later.  You shouldn't have any problems getting your $50 back.

I suppose I could do that. Hmmm...

PEACE--->Rhoq

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #109 on: January 13, 2006, 03:04:16 PM »
Some of you are aware I have Killer7 for GameCube.  I love it.  However I think the only obvious weakness the GCN version has compared to the PS2 version is the compressed, lower-rez anime cutscenes due to the space restrictions of the GCN discs.

Because I wanted high-quality copies of those anime scenes for my viewing pleasure, I 'obtained' a disc image of the PS2 version in hopes of ripping the movies.  While exploring the file structure, I found a 1.8GB file (the disc is 2.8GB total) called "movie.afs".  I forced Windows Media Player to open it, and it turns out it contains ALL OF THE FRIGGIN' CUTSCENES IN THE GAME.  That means IT'S ALL PRE-RENDERED and RE4 PS2 HAS A PRECEDENT! =D

Further digging shows it was encoded at 640x448 -- GameCube's native resolution.  PS2 movies of GameCube-made cutscenes?  Wonderful!  Way to use that extra disc space and delayed dev time!  GOOOOOO CAPCOM!

Score another goal for my Fun Machine.

~~~~~

In the meantime, I'll be compressing a bunch of these scenes into DivX.  Unfortunately, with the extra space and Capcom's infinite wisdom, the animated scenes don't seem to be compressed any better than the GCN build.  If you have a request, let me know.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2006, 04:43:51 PM »
I'll take whatever scenes you end up compressing, I'd love to look at them at a whim.  I often find myself wondering about the game, and it's inconvenient not to be able to look at any particular part of the game, like you can with a movie or a book.
So whatever you get done, I'd be willing to have.  However much you feel like doing
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Nosferat2

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2006, 05:26:35 PM »
  That means IT'S ALL PRE-RENDERED and RE4 PS2 HAS A PRECEDENT! =D

Im nor sure if i understand what you mean by this statement. Could you please clarify, Thanks

In the meantime, I'll be compressing a bunch of these scenes into DivX.  Unfortunately, with the extra space and Capcom's infinite wisdom, the animated scenes don't seem to be compressed any better than the GCN build.  If you have a request, let me know.

I would like to see any and all scene you can come up with.

Did you buy the PS2 version?

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2006, 07:05:20 PM »
Killer7-PS2 and RE4-PS2 utilize pre-rendered cutscenes.  In other words, the PS2 just displays FMV files off the disc rather than using the 3D hardware to draw the images.  Specifically, Capcom recorded the cutscenes from the GameCube versions of the respective games, saved them as convincingly high-quality movies, and substituted these into the PS2 versions.  So, in the case of RE4-PS2, if you got Leon and Ashley to change into their bonus costumes, the [major] cutscenes would not reflect the change since they're just static movie files.

I mentioned "precedent" because Killer7-PS2 was released in Summer '05, while RE4-PS2 didn't come out till October.  A few days before RE4-PS2 was released, a Euro Capcom rep admitted that the cutscenes were simply FMVs, citing the costume example.  People began digging into the PS2 disc and soon found the large movie files, confirming it.  But when Killer7-PS2 came out, "all" reviews had no mention of this sort of deal, and they continued to assume the PS2 version drew just about everything the GameCube version did.  Apparently the FMVs did a good job of fooling them.  It also makes you wonder what else Capcom and other devs have fudged over the years.

No, I didn't buy the PS2 version (would I?  HAH, NO).  "the internet gave it to me."

~~~~~

Have you played/beaten Killer7?

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2006, 07:44:40 PM »
Don't watch any of it if you haven't.  You've got to play through it to truly appreciate it.

Offline Renny

• Satin
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2006, 08:24:38 PM »
So the RE4 PS2 port lacked the ability to render many of the effects necessary to make the cutscenes look good. All right. Why are all the cutscenes in Killer7 pre-rendered? I don't mean this in any derogatory way, but the visuals are far from setting any graphical benchmark. Too long loading times? Eh.

I'm doubly glad I got the Cube version now. I was cringing at some of the animated cuts. Most of the anime I've downloaded has better compression than that.

And add me to the list of interested panties. I mean... OK, I'm no better than Harman.
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline Talon

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 14, 2006, 07:53:08 PM »
Love Killer 7 it's an awesome game...but is anyone else a bit peeved it wont save the options you change (ie inverted controls) before you begin playin??
Whats at the end?
Whats at the end?
Whats at the end of Satan's rainbow?

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #116 on: January 15, 2006, 12:24:28 AM »
Yeah, it was a pretty big oversight.  For a game released after RE4, how could Capcom let such an obvious ANNOYANCE slip thru?  Must they fire their testers?

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 15, 2006, 04:35:49 AM »
Killer 7 got delayed again!?  Oh damn!
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Nosferat2

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 15, 2006, 08:15:27 AM »
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I had no clue what you were talking about at first. Makes sense now.

No, I didn't buy the PS2 version (would I?  HAH, NO).  "the internet gave it to me."  

Good i was thinking you committed blasphamy and went to the darkside :-)

~~~~~

Have you played/beaten Killer7?

Yes i played Killer 7. Great Game. Unfortunately, in my infinite wisdom, i started on hard mode. Now im stuck trying to kill the Lil anime girl that runs around the parking lot in Blitzkreig fashion. Shes a superbitch. Cant kill her. So i got frustrated and havent played in a while. See the Killer 7 post in Reader Reviews section. Thanks to Cubist, he/she gave me a tip. I have yet to try it but ill try here soon enough.

Thats why i wanna see the videos. So when i do start playing again i can catch myself up back with the story. Its been a couple of months and a couple of games later( Geist and Spartan) so im sure i forgot a lot of Killer 7's story. It will be nice to just look at your movies( up to the point of superbitch) and kill Superbitch and continue with Killer 7 until i beat it, without having to start over. So ill be waiting patiently for your hard work to come to reality.
Keep me/us posted when your done. Thanks

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #119 on: January 16, 2006, 12:00:02 AM »
Hmm you're less than halfway through the game.  Have you considered just restarting on normal and speeding through it since you've had some familiarity with the game already?  Otherwise you'll have to endure Anime Girl and lose [some] track of the story.  Plus, the only videos I can show you are only animations from the end of the previous chapter; I'm not sharing any real-time cutscenes at this time.

Offline Nosferat2

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2006, 07:41:25 AM »
Ive considered it. Want to avoid it. But will resort to it if cubist tip doesnt help.

Offline Nosferat2

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2006, 08:02:58 AM »
BTW thanks for all the helpful info. Its greatly appreciated. Dont know how to message you.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #122 on: January 16, 2006, 11:30:31 AM »
No prob; it was a good excuse to fire up the game again (got save files all over the game).

Private messages are handled by the little "lock" icon near the top of the page, or the upper-right corner of a person's post.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #123 on: January 20, 2006, 05:02:57 PM »
I'm making videos available as I get a chance to upload them.  Check your PM's.

Offline Renny

• Satin
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 20, 2006, 07:51:51 PM »
You rock. Want my Fruit Roll-Up?
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat