Author Topic: The worst game of all time?  (Read 8449 times)

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
The worst game of all time?
« on: August 22, 2004, 01:29:46 AM »
I've heard Superman 64, South Park 64 and Charlie's Angels mentioned as the worst games ever but i'm quite certain nothing matches up to this: Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing.

The publisher must well and truly be blind to have published this - It's not on GCN, but still

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: The worst game of all time?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2004, 05:48:32 AM »
All I can say is ...  

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:The worst game of all time?
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2004, 07:06:32 AM »

Originally posted by: Plugabugz
I've heard Superman 64, South Park 64 and Charlie's Angels mentioned as the worst games ever but i'm quite certain nothing matches up to this: Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing.

The publisher must well and truly be blind to have published this - It's not on GCN, but still

lol...I was actually...er...ten, I believe, when I purchased South Park 64...I don't know if it was how young and naive I was, or what, but I remember having some enjoyable experiences with South park.  Lol...a first person yellow-snowball thrower...good times...
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Forte

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2004, 10:52:31 AM »
Yoshi's Story (Boring, short, and easy)

Kingdom Hearts (Anime and Disney does not mix)

Halo (Overrated.  Bond games are better)
"He who hesitates will be lost."

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2004, 11:01:47 AM »
Hydlide on the NES
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2004, 11:44:05 AM »
Custer's Revenge.  Need I say more?
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2004, 02:46:08 PM »
"Custer's Revenge. Need I say more?"

you know i always wanted a game about general custard coming back from the dead to sexually assault native americans.......

i always hated friday the 13th for the nes- what a terrible game that was....
of course superman ranks up there as one of the worst games ever- although i will admit i had fun with it finding all of the bugs and constantly flying through streets and walls- it is quite comical

and from what i have heard drake of the 99 dragons is the worst game this generation of consoles  
i call the big one bitey.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2004, 03:29:18 PM »
I really can't believe noone has mentioned Shaq-fu yet... =P
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2004, 08:01:01 PM »
The worst game ever is WWF Wrestlemania for the NES made by Acclaim (gee what a shock).  The graphics blow even by NES standards as ever character is fat and has really bizarre posture.  The controls are impossible to figure out as your character seems to do completely random actions.  Sometimes he punches, sometimes he does a slam, and once every thousand years he pins.  The first time I played a match against my brother the match lasted over half an hour because we couldn't figure out how to pin.  All of the characters have the same non-existant moveset too.  They just look different.

The computer opponents have a completely random AI.  THEY DON'T EVEN ATTACK YOU.  They just move around the ring randomly, punching into the air.  How hard is it to program an AI that seeks out the player?  And just to really confuse the player objects randomly fly over the ring after some random period of time.  I have no clue what these objects are.  They kind of looks like fireballs.  I think they're random pixel drawings.  Anyway these things sometimes hurt you, sometimes don't.  Again the whole thing is random.

That's ultimately the big problem with this game: EVERYTHING is random.  If you made a game using a random code generator WWF Wrestlemania is what you would get.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2004, 09:04:06 PM »
And we're really discussing this? Dangerous Vaults.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2004, 10:06:58 PM »
Charlie's Angels, at least the worst game in this generation.

"Yoshi's Story (Boring, short, and easy)

Kingdom Hearts (Anime and Disney does not mix)

Halo (Overrated. Bond games are better) "

Now now, come on, you know there are worse games than these.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2004, 12:44:45 AM »
Metroid Prime. ='D
Wayne's World on NES is a bloody horrible game. The SNES one wasn't any better, either. The first level involved jumping around a gigantic music room with killer EVERYTHING. But why? None of it was ever explained, and you could take damage even when the enemy didn't hit you. THQ rocked.

The music and digitized speech caused blood to leak from ears, too.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2004, 12:56:14 AM »
I chose Big Rigs because it's not a game, there's no physics (your truck goes infinitely faster like from 0 to 90mph in 3 seconds, and even vertically up mountains and other scenario's not possible for a truck), no collision detection (you can go through some mountains and fall through bridges) you always win because the AI doesn't exist, when you did win you was greeted with "You're Winner!", the models of the trucks are crap and even the lights fall " away" from the trucks themselves.
The list goes on

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2004, 01:29:43 AM »
I think mario party 4. sure the first 3 mario parties were alright and i haven't played the 5th but the fourth had no real reason to be a game because there was no story and the mini-games sucked the ass big-time. I just hate seeing mario in bad games.................
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2004, 02:00:31 AM »
I don't remember South Park being horrible. Sure, I didn't buy it, but it was fun to play with all those stupid weapons (which I can't remember now, except for the yellow snowballs, ZZZZZZZIP )

My choice? Erm, Dual Heroes

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2004, 06:02:56 AM »
South Park 64 wasn't that bad. It had some nice weapons. Cow launcher is the only one I can remember besides yellowsnow balls.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2004, 06:23:11 AM »
Bio F.R.E.A.K.S.

It was fun for about 2 minutes. Then it completely sucked. Sure decapitating and/or severing limbs from your opponant is fun, the game is quite repetative and just stops being fun because it just becomes the same old thing over and over again.

I traded it in at Funcoland (now known as GameStop) and I think I got about $2 worth of credit for this P.O.S. game.  
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2004, 10:18:02 PM »
Anyone who still argues this hasn't played Dangerous Vaults.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2004, 07:00:58 AM »
I don't think Dangerous Vaults should count since it's freeware.  I mean I could whip up the worst game ever in a few hours if I wanted to.  When a game actually has a publisher and is ungodly bad it's a bigger deal because someone actually paid to manufacture and distribute copies of the game.  Really terrible console games are an even bigger deal because the licencing fee system is supposed to keep unplayable crap out.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2004, 01:19:50 PM »
I think Custer's Revenge really takes the cake here, but since I've never personally played it, my vote goes to Tag Team Wrestling on the NES.

The player controls the "Ricky Fighters" and the computer controls the "Strong Bads" (yes, fans, this game inspired Homestarrunner...you can see a copy of it flying past when Homestar seeks a present for Strong Bad in one episode).  You basically fight the same match over and over and over again until you get tired of it.  

The game has about two songs and the characters often seem to skip multiple frames of animation.  In one frame a guy is running, and in the next he's in mid-air kicking his opponent.  The terrible animation combined with bad hit detection makes it pretty difficult to tell when your attacks will actually have any effect.  The computer players also randomly get "mad" and become invincible until such a time as they hit your character.

The game is actually good for some cheap laughs with it's terrible Engrish and crazy gameplay, but wow, bad.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline iamradioactive

• FALCOOOON TITLE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2004, 01:52:06 PM »
I never liked Mario's Missing and Top Gear for SNES.
Eggs are really liquid chickens.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2004, 09:50:31 PM »
Well, in that case... Deer Hunter.

There also was that game called ET...

Offline enigma487

• Scalar, The Destructor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2004, 07:08:40 PM »

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2004, 11:14:15 PM »
That doesn't even look like it could hold up to ET.