Author Topic: Duh, it's for drawing!  (Read 2058 times)

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Duh, it's for drawing!
« on: August 12, 2004, 06:39:39 AM »
OMH!  Until scanning the Urbz interview here on PGC, it never occured to me that the DS could be used to make custom textures for games!  I've always loved customizing graphics in games, but doing it with analog sticks is really discouraging.  If I had a mouse, or in this case a stylus, I'd probably have more patterns than I could save in Animal Crossing by now...but because I have to do it all with the controller I only have three.

Anyway, this just made Animal Crossing DS and the Urbz way more exciting for me.  Anybody else here a rampant videogame artist?
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
RE: Duh, it's for drawing!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 09:25:33 AM »
And with the WiFi, imangine how easy it would be to trade your AC designs back and forth...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 05:06:21 AM »
Screw drawing, gimme Blender DS!

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
RE:Duh, it's for drawing!
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 11:17:26 AM »
It'll be like a refridgerator only without the magnets!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Lost101

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2004, 06:10:28 PM »
I had thought about this before.  Its perfect for alot of create a character type things (then again.. why for a portable game with a tiny ass screen).  I think the DS should definately come with pic pax and such with its operating system.  And it should have some kind of version of Mario Paint built into that OS, that would be fun  

Another cool thing they could do is like a tetris like mini game, where you drew your peice before it came out, and it you didnt draw fast enough you got a really useless peice.  And you couldnt make the same peice too many times or something.  
Animal Crossing Wild World code:

3608  4016  4604

Name: Fausto
Town: Tatooine