Author Topic: Sakurai Issues Statement On Smash Ultimate DLC: Characters Selected By Nintendo  (Read 1241 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

So if the selections seem like they were decided by the marketing department... they were.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/48860/sakurai-issues-statement-on-smash-ultimate-dlc-characters-selected-by-nintendo

Masahiro Sakurai has issued a statement on the decision process for deciding which characters will be a part of the Super Smash Bros Ultimate Fighter's Pass.

In the two English language posts on his Twitter, Sakurai confirms that the decision on who the characters will be is made by Nintendo, and then they set to work seeing how to adapt the character to Smash Bros. Additionally, he called for restraint in flooding his replies with character requests.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Stop harassing Sakurai. Hasn't he done enough for you people??

Offline Morningshark

• Xander Morningstar Animation Junkie
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Interesting. I wonder if they will feature promotional characters for upcoming games, like Corrin was. A gen 8 Pokémon, and a Fire Emblem Three Houses character immediately jump to mind.
Xander Morningstar
NWR Associate Editor and Video Producer
http://www.xandermorningstar.com

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Donkey got his nose job just in time for the great revival so Dixie Kong needs to be one of these DLC characters!

I'm sure there is a new DK game in the works so couple that with Nintendo Land at universal being partially DK themed Dixie needs to be big part of both!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn