Author Topic: Metroid Error  (Read 1506 times)

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Metroid Error
« on: June 09, 2003, 03:39:44 PM »
I'm not sure if this belongs in this category so feel free to move it if you deem it unworthy of technical discussion. Anyways, I was just playing Metroid Prime and the black screen of death showed up. I had paused the game, and was looking at the log book screen (I believe that's the name of the screen. It shows the artifacts' configuration/logo thingy). I pressed down a few times on the control stick and my Cube started making funny noises as if it were scratching or being scratched. Then the music in the background started to skip and *WAMMO!* I'm lookin' at an error screen. The message, "An error has occurred. Please refer to Nintendo Gamecube instruction booklet," was written on the screen. I've looked over the booklet and it doesn't offer much help. So now I'm at the mercy of all of you. Or at least the nicer ones. Who know stuff about why this kinda thing would happen. I just don't want to do something that would hurt either my Cube or my game. If anyone has any idea what may have happened I would appreciate the help. Oh, and I checked, and my data was not erased.  

EDIT: Ok, I didn't mean to put the "Big Grin" up there on the topic's smiley. I was trying to put it at the end of my message and nothing was happening and.... I'd better shut up before I sound even stupider than I do now.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Metroid Error
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2003, 11:58:40 PM »
While posting the topic in the Technical discussion is not unreasonable, as it has to do with system crashes, there is already at least one topic in the General GameCube forum that addresses this particular problem.

In case you're wondering, the exact same thing happened to me consistently at one point in the game, then "magically" fixed itself.  Go figure.
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi