Author Topic: From the guys behind World of Goo & Henry Hatsworth = Little Inferno!  (Read 2138 times)

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile

So it looks like this news managed to completely pass by all the Nintendo-focused websites out there, but did you know that, in addition to PC and Mac, Little Inferno, the new game from Kyle Gabler (design, art + music, World of Goo), Kyle Gray (design, Henry Hatsworth) and Allan Blomquist (Wii port, World of Goo), is going to be on Wii U?

Because it totally is. Just so you know.

Yep, come Q4 2012, this mysterious title from the guys over at Tomorrow Corporation will be out on the Wii U eShop. Nobody knows all that much about the game, apart from the weird story undertones alluded to in the above teaser trailer - check it out, a corporation is encouraging kids towards global un-warming - although the official description says:

Quote from: Tomorrow Corporation website
Congratulations on your new Little Inferno Entertainment Fireplace! Throw your toys into your fire, and play with them as they burn! Stay warm in there. It's getting cold outside!

Burn flaming logs, screaming robots, credit cards, batteries, exploding fish, unstable nuclear devices, and tiny galaxies. An adventure that takes place almost entirely in front of a fireplace - about looking up up up out of the chimney, and the cold world just on the other side of the wall.

They are currently accepting sign-ups for the beta on PC and Mac, if you pre-order the game for £10/$15. I don't think I'll bite until I see some sort of representation of how the game will play, but needless to say, I'm excited. This has got some great pedigree behind it, so I can't wait to see what Little Inferno is all about.
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
Great catch, that looks awesome. Some nice Spumco vibes on that trailer, and World of Goo and Henry Hatsworth are two of my favorite games from the last five years. This could end up being the best software on the WiiU for the first year.

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
I'm bumping this thread because it's dropping down the list and the Nintendo World Report news feed still hasn't reported this. Hey, NWR staff! People should know this game exists and will be on Wii U.
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
wow that was a disturbing little teaser lol.  At first I got that old Ren and Stimpy vibe from it and then it got dark on my ass real quick lol.  I still have no idea what the game is going to be like but it has my attention.  Suprising this is on the WiiU though lol, it seems so Nintendo. 

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Yeah...it's pretty messed up when the toys scream as their getting burned.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: From the guys behind World of Goo & Henry Hatsworth = Little Inferno!
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 06:47:35 PM »
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP

It's on sale right now for $4.99! You'd be crazy NOT to buy!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: From the guys behind World of Goo & Henry Hatsworth = Little Inferno!
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 03:44:01 PM »
What kind of sick pyro glorification have I stumbled upon here?

I don't know what the point is yet.