Author Topic: Aksys announces Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus (Wii,PS2,PSP)  (Read 2930 times)

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
Aksys announces Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus (Wii,PS2,PSP)
« on: January 27, 2009, 05:13:04 PM »
Source

I know many of you have been waiting for this game to come stateside! Fans of the series who want to get more in-depth with the Guilty Gear mythology will want to check out Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus  (That will be the last time I type the whole thing out–from now on, it’ll be known as GGXXACP.) for the PS2, PSP and Wii. Also, for those of you that play at EVO series or SBO, we added Team Battle mode for your tournament needs. Hit the jump for the full press release and check out our next podcast for more AWESOME Accent Core Plus news…

Torrance, CA (January 27, 2009) – Aksys Games, a publisher of interactive entertainment products, announces today, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus will be arriving in spring 2009. Hardcore players will finally be able to take their fight on the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, and Wii™. Developed by Yokohama-based Arc System Works, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus is the definitive installment in the series, and is widely cited as one of the most balanced fighters among its peers.

Sporting high resolution graphics in 480p, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus marks the return of over 20 beloved characters from the Guilty Gear franchise, including Kliff and Justice!  Fans of the series will be pleased to find all of their favorite characters unlocked for use right off the bat, each one with a brand new, never before seen story to be uncovered in story mode!

“Never has there been a fighting game where so much attention to character balance exists,” said Michael Manzanares, Producer, Aksys Games. “Guilty Gear veterans will definitely find themselves immersed once again with the new story and survival modes.”
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus Features

TWO COMBATANTS RETURN TO THE BATTLE!

Accent Core Plus marks the return of fan favorites Kliff Undersn and Justice, rounding out the cast of 25 playable characters.
      ALL NEW STORY MODE CREATED SPECIFICALLY FOR GGXXACP!

Discover the back stories of all your favorite characters in the Guilty Gear mythos, complete with fully-voiced dialogue.
      FIGHT TO SURVIVE!

Level up your character’s abilities and traits in the re-tuned Survival Mode.
      TEAM BATTLE ROYALE!

Create a three-man team in Versus Mode to find out which characters are the ultimate Guilty Gear team-up.

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus has not yet been rated by the ESRB. More information about Aksys Games and Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus can be found at www.aksysgames.com.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Aksys announces Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus (Wii,PS2,PSP)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 05:15:51 PM »
For someone that hasn't played this series what game would be a good place to start at?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 05:29:20 PM »
This one, since GG has been re-tweaked 4 times and this is the latest version. This one has all the bug and glitch fixes and the new feature outlined in the PR. In Japan and now soon in the US this is the equivalent of the last Street Fighter 2 verison released (not counting SF II HD remix).

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 05:32:16 PM »
Ok thanks Flames.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 05:54:50 PM »
For the official time line of GG X2 it's:

Guilty Gear:XX
Guilty Gear:XX # Reload
Guilty Gear XX Slash
Guilty Gear XX Λ Core
Guilty Gear XX:Λ Core Plus
Click here if you want a description of each revision

Also Maxi since I have a feeling your going to go for the Wii version, make sure you have a Classic Controller or a Wii Arcade stick since those two are the most ideal for Guilty Gear, Wii remote and nunchuk or gamecube controllers(they turn the dpad off by default!!) don't work well in Guilty Gear
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 06:04:18 PM by Flames_of_chaos »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 06:08:49 PM »
I have the first Guilty Gear for the Wii, and it is a great game, but alittle too complex for a 2D fighter...I don't know if I will be the new on up.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 06:20:03 PM »
I have a classic controler Flames.
Flames do you think this new Guilty Gear game will fix any issues with the controls from the last Wii game?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 06:38:46 PM »
I have a classic controler Flames.
Flames do you think this new Guilty Gear game will fix any issues with the controls from the last Wii game?

The controls in the last game were fine as long as you use the classic controller. The only reason a Plus version was made to begin with is to fix the glitches and bugs found in the PS2 verison. In Japan theres only a PSP and PS2 version so the Wii version will be exclusive to NA and possibly Europe unless Arc System Works releases a Wii version in Japan.

Offline Famicom

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 06:49:16 PM »
Well, dammit. I bought GGXXAC under the impression that Plus was NEVER coming out in the states, given the game is pretty niche. I will double dip for the story and team modes. :(
Oops pow suprise!

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 08:44:12 PM »
Well this is great news for me.  I've been meaning to eventually buy Accent Core, but now I have a reason to wait.

Plus this shows that the Wii version of Accent Core did well in North America since we're getting this game.  The reason there's no Wii version of Plus in Japan is because Accent Core did beyond terrible over there.  In it's first week it sold around 1000 copies.  Even for a niche series like Gulity Gear that's way too low.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 08:46:19 PM »
I have mixed feelings about it, on one hand is good we are getting it. But on the other hand, I though we wer eover the PS2/PSP/Wii port thing. But I guess it is better then nothing!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 08:25:27 PM »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2009, 05:55:26 AM »
I think this was released recently. I'm going to look for it when I grab Punch Out!!

Anybody get it?
Alexis, she/her/Miss