Author Topic: Twilight Princess Spoiler Discussion Thread (for those who have the game tomorrow)  (Read 108234 times)

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Twilight Princess Spoiler Discussion Thread
« Reply #275 on: December 19, 2006, 07:30:03 PM »
Hahaha, glad to make you feel that way.

I got the last two bugs and two more poes.  Eight left and I've completed everything in the game except for some fishing things (need a Hylian loach, and I want to fish more in Hena's lake; also haven't finished the roll game levels, but I'll doubtlessly do that; I finished every slidey puzzle in Link's Cabana in Wind Waker.  The lamps all go dark again when you finish, if you're curious).  As far as I know it's everything, anyway.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #276 on: December 19, 2006, 07:48:12 PM »
A friend of mine is going insane because he is trying to get the frog and sinker lure. He found the fishing game and the mini-game and all forward progress stoped there.

Yeah I beat the game two weeks ago. And just two days ago I decided for no reason to read through the the instruction manule and look at the art. When I saw the character collage I thought those sneaky.....
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 20, 2006, 08:26:15 AM »
I think I'm done with this game.  I haven't beaten it, but I've just become so frustrated with parts of it that I'm done.

Almost every time I try to jump, I fall, because Link isn't lined up exactly right, because there's no accurate camera control.  It's like playing on the N64 again, with only one control stick.  I like having total camera control, and it just really bugs me to only use the Z button.  In the Goron Mines, I kept falling.  In that maze of tunnels in Lake Hylia, I kept falling (and going back to the beggining, no thank you).

Oh, and now I'm at the Palace of Darkness.  I got the Sol, brought it outside, then when I tried to go back inside, I couldn't take it in.  So I thought it'd be back in the room with the hand, so I went back there, but it wasn't there, and so I got stuck in that room.  I know that when I go back to the game, I'll be at the entrance, but still, it's frustrating to get stuck somewhere in a game, particularly a Nintendo game.

With the exception of the Dragon in the sky dungeon every boss has been ridiculously easy to beat, and offered no real challenge.  I'm having more fun playing Portrait of Ruin on the DS because I actually have to be quick and smart to beat the bosses.

I don't like the way the story has progressed.  I'm completely lost.  I got all the Fused Shadows, without really knowing why, then before I can do anything with them, they're gone.  So why did I collect them?  Why didn't I just try to find The Mirror of Twilight in the first place?  And what happened to Zelda?  I didn't really understand what she did with Midna.  Did she sacrifice herself?  There's these long lulls without any story, then a cutscene that I don't understand.  Why did Ganondorf appear all of a sudden?  That came out of nowhere, and I really have no idea what his connection to the story is.

And why, when I'm a wolf, can Midna only help me jump to high places when SHE decides to let me?  Why can't I do it when I want to?  That's a huge limitation in this game.  Yeah, it would probably eliminate the need for the hookshot if I could reach high places whenever I chose, but I've always hated the hookshot.  Having two made it more fun, but that was short lived.

Yeah, and sword controls are stupid.  I said it.  I don't feel more immersed in the game by waving my arm.  It's so gimmicky.  The aiming with the remote is great, but I prefer a button for sword control.

Although I didn't read Gamespot's review (but I did read people's reactions to it), I'm thinking they were pretty fair in giving this a rating in the 8s.  It's not perfect by any means, but for an action-adventure title, it's better than most.
Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
RE:Twilight Princess Spoiler Discussion Thread
« Reply #278 on: December 20, 2006, 10:12:26 AM »
I just beat this game last night and wow, it has it all.  I took about 65 hours and I had all the hearts (only used the Fortune teller once) and all the bugs after Bill told me where the last two were and I am missing 9 poes.  I'm never going to be able to find those poes on my own.  The only thing I haven't done much of is fish.

The last battle with Ganon had to be one the best game experienes ever.  I was surpised to see him come and wasn't sure if I liked it at first but he really stole every scene.  I thought when he killed one of the sages it was cool but when he comes out of the castle holding Midna's helmet on his horse I was sold.  Each of his forms was great and I love his design, especially how he had the giant sword wound on his chest.

Link really gets screwed when it comes to triforce powers, all it really lets him do is become a wolf in the twilight, while Ganon can seemingly do anything.  I guess he did have some magic besides the triforce though.

They find a way to keep the game fresh as you hit the later dungeons.  They stop being dungeons/temples and start being their own places, like the Yeti's house, or Oocacoo's home.  This really keeps them interesting.  There is a sense of humor mixed in as well like when defeat Gohma and he becomes a tiny spider or when you replay the western scene with all the cats.

I can't imagine playing any levels that involve the double clawshot with a gc controller.  Without the wii remotes aim I would have been incredibly frustrated.

I liked the darknuts and three at once can be tough but my most hated enemy by far are the new redeads.  In the great fairy's trial you can only attack them once every 5 minutes because you are contantly in scream-freeze.  I had to equip the magic armor just so the five of them wouldn't take out most of health.  The room with the poe and redeads was even worse.

In conclusion I would say possibly the best game ever.  

Offline RiskyChris

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 20, 2006, 10:31:03 AM »
I haven't done everything in the game yet, but a few hours ago I heard a goron say "It's a secret to everybody"

I was smiling for about an hour afterwards.  =)

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 20, 2006, 11:56:31 AM »
Camera control is nice, but how can Z not be enough for you.  Jumping over pits while I'm looking at myself from the side would only be disorienting.  I never had this problem.
Though I do agree that most of the bosses were too easy.  We need more Metroid Prime style bosses (I hate Castlevania).  Also, the Fused Shadows sort of make sense later.  But you should know that it's just an excuse to have dungeons.  Why on earth did you collect those jewel things in OoT when all they did was let Ganondorf take over the world?  It's a dumb question with an obvious answer.

For ReDeads, SixthAngel, I would recommend projectile weapons, particularly bomb arrows.  The wolf is also very effective against them.

I've caught one of every fish now.  I have seven poes left, and I've been playing the roll game.  I'm on level 1-8 I believe.  It got infuriatingly difficult a lot sooner than I expected it to (spent over 500 rupees on it).
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 20, 2006, 02:21:03 PM »
How many fish are there altogether? I think I have 4.
I still need 3 bugs, 12 pieces of heart, and 20 poes, oh and the lures too.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 20, 2006, 06:02:02 PM »
Five or six, I believe.

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 20, 2006, 08:13:48 PM »

Originally posted by: JonLeung
Is there any way to carry more than one bottle of Great Fairy's Tears at a time?

Game completed....

Yes I have two in my inventory now...

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 21, 2006, 01:12:11 AM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
That's a joke, right?  Riiiiight!?

no, I think Zelda looks better (aside from Wind Waker, that one is set alone) but what I was talking about right from your comment above, is how I feel, they are cute, but not as cute looking as previous games.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: December 21, 2006, 04:57:11 PM »
Just beat it, 70 hours play time. I feel like Nintendo just had sex with me. I can now live without fear of spoilers!!!

Unlike other Zelda games I can't be arsed getting 100% in this, don't know why, maybe I just need a break. Overall the big disappointment is the lack of good original tunes. Majoras Mask, Wind Waker and even Minish Cap have superior music, though the TP overworld theme is AWESOME

I felt sorry for Midna, she wanted Link to stop her leaving and make her his own, then after she left and the mirror broke I realised she's going to be alone for the rest of her life, after all she had been through. Link had his choice of the ladies and it seems as though in the end he didn't choose ANY. See Ilia just waiting there? Then he rides off. Perhaps to Zelda? Or on another adventure?

Oh yeah, lack of Tingle prevents this from being the best Zelda ever. I was so hoping he would pop up somewhere. The postman is AWESOME though! Malo Mart is also the funniest thing ever

Offline RiskyChris

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 21, 2006, 05:22:03 PM »
God the Cave of Ordeals was so fscking lame I want to rip my hair out.

Also, it was not nearly as hard as people led me to believe.

Offline Famicom

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 21, 2006, 11:38:45 PM »
I had thought of this when playing the game, but forgot about it after I beat it. But the thought just came back to me: did anyone feel....more than a bit let down that [Dungeon 7 spoilers] the lost lands in the sky was JUST a dungeon? With the hints of an ancient race that created the hylians, I was expecting something great, like a whole new area to explore in the sky and uncover old legendary secrets and stuff, but instead all it was was a dungeon (a very GOOD dungeon, but still)? Having the little dungeon companion originally come from there was a nice touch, but I think Nintendo blew an awesome opportunity to open up the Zeldaverse even more.
Oops pow suprise!

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 22, 2006, 05:30:16 AM »
I felt the same way, Famicom, both about the City in the Sky and the Twilight World.  Like I mentioned before, some of the areas just didn't have much to do with them, and those were possibly the most disappointing of all.

Offline Martin Q. Blank

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 22, 2006, 05:51:02 PM »
I finally beat Zelda tonight, had to wait until after final exams to really dive into it.  I ended up finishing the game in 45 hours but still have a lot of heart pieces, poes, golden bugs to get.  It was a little bit on the easy side, as I didn't die once but so incredibly enjoyable.  All the boss battles were amazing and the dungeons were extremely long and fun to play through.  This is the best Zelda game ever made followed by LTTP and OOT.  I was pretty sad after beating the game since I have absolutely no other games to play on the Wii nor am I interested in any games that are out right now at full MSRP.  

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 22, 2006, 11:34:05 PM »
I was horribly disappointed when I aquired all 60 poes. ONLY 200 RUPEES!!! I just felt a giant collect-a-thon like that deserved something special at the end.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 23, 2006, 03:03:49 AM »
With regards to the end...
I believe Nintendo likes to keep Link a free adventurer.  He never hooks up or settles down, and is always off for the next thing.  Hence him riding off (without a sword? :p) at the end.  It's been like that since Link's Awakening I believe.

It is also quite clear that the two worlds cannot mix or bad things happen (or at least that's a theme of the game) so there's that sacrifice at the end.

Ok, next... is it just me or does every Zelda game as of late have some insurmountable task that there just to piss me off.  OoT had the runner (now commonly the mailman).  TP has that locked door in Ordon Village.  Can you EVER get into that house?? (Yes or No will suffice)

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 23, 2006, 04:05:29 AM »
I was wondering about that, too, Shecky.  I spent literally half an hour looking for a secret entrance.
I actually found something behind Colin's house, but I'm not sure how to get in.  There appears to be a free-standing 100 piece rupee, or so it seems.  Shall investigate further.

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 23, 2006, 10:02:40 AM »

Originally posted by: Dasmos
I was horribly disappointed when I aquired all 60 poes. ONLY 200 RUPEES!!! I just felt a giant collect-a-thon like that deserved something special at the end.

No, Dasmos.  The reward is greater than that.  But not much.  Talk to Jovani again at the bar, then return to his house.  You can get 200 more Rupees.  Leave the Castle Town and come back, and you can get another 200.  Essentially, infinite Rupees but 200 at a time.

Okay, it still sucks, since there are plenty of Rupees in the game and not much to buy.  If you use the Magic Armor a lot maybe it's useful, I don't know.  Still for completion's sake, it's nice to have the Poes in there, since the Fortune Teller makes Piece Of Heart collecting too easy.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 23, 2006, 10:53:46 AM »
It  helps for the roll game, too, if you want to get the frog lure and beat that minigame.  It's only 5 rupees to play and I spent over 600 on it.  I beat it now, though, despite it being very hard.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 23, 2006, 11:45:13 AM »
How many levels does the roll level have btw?

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 23, 2006, 03:04:11 PM »

Originally posted by: JonLeung

Originally posted by: Dasmos

No, Dasmos.  The reward is greater than that.  But not much.  Talk to Jovani again at the bar, then return to his house.  You can get 200 more Rupees.  Leave the Castle Town and come back, and you can get another 200.  Essentially, infinite Rupees but 200 at a time.

Okay, it still sucks, since there are plenty of Rupees in the game and not much to buy.  If you use the Magic Armor a lot maybe it's useful, I don't know.  Still for completion's sake, it's nice to have the Poes in there, since the Fortune Teller makes Piece Of Heart collecting too easy.

Oh ok, that's a little better, but useless seeing as I have no more need for rupees.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 23, 2006, 03:38:14 PM »
Caliban: It goes up to 1-8.  That's where you get the frog lure.  I don't think it goes any higher, but I'm not sure.  That level is hard as hell, though.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 23, 2006, 04:18:31 PM »
I began to hate rupees as I progressed through the game, and did anyone else feel the five heart pieces had less of an impact? Sure there's more now but it's not as big a deal when you get one.

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 23, 2006, 04:35:37 PM »

Originally posted by: Hostile Creation
Caliban: It goes up to 1-8.  That's where you get the frog lure.  I don't think it goes any higher, but I'm not sure.  That level is hard as hell, though.

I heard it goes up to 8-8 (hence the purpose of the first digit).  Beating 1-8 gets you the frog lure.  Supposedly when you beat 8-8 Hena gives you enough money to fill your wallet - yet another lame reward, but I guess for completion's sake some people will attempt it.